Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham Festival 2011

Comments

• Anyone know what sort of festival Alan King has had ?

My grandad has met him quite a few times, and as a result i always used to back his horses at this festival when i used to have the odd flutter. Always seemed to have a decent record at this festival in the past.

1st 13 Final Approach 10-1
    2nd 4 Get Me Out Of Here (IRE) 7-1
    3rd 3 Nearby 66-1
    4th 20 Cockney Trucker (IRE) 33-1
  • I would say this but I think Dirar got a very average ride in that race
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone know what sort of festival Alan King has had ?

My grandad has met him quite a few times, and as a result i always used to back his horses at this festival when i used to have the odd flutter. Always seemed to have a decent record at this festival in the past.

1 win and a couple of places when I was down there. Nothing yesterday I think.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I would say this but I think Dirar got a very average ride in that race

No one wants an average ride.

1st 3 Bobs Worth (IRE) 15-8 F
    2nd 13 Mossley (IRE) 12-1
    3rd 5 Court In Motion (IRE) 9-1
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I would say this but I think Dirar got a very average ride in that race

No one wants an average ride.

Too true... and noone wants to win the first and have given nearly all of it back by the 4th!
  • Gold cup bets
    £20 on long run at 5/1
  • edited March 2011
    Gold Cup Result

1st 8 Long Run 7/2
    2nd 4 Denman (IRE) 8-1
    3rd 6 Kauto Star (FR) 5-1
  • Had Long Run at 9/2
  • Sponsored links:

• Me too - thanks Balding
  • quality race
  • Gutted! Gone full circle in the day!
  • Had Long Run @9/2
  • A lot of disappointment about surrounding Imperial Commander.He faded badly. NTD stable having a terrible week.
  • I must say Mick Fitzgerald did me a favour this week. He usally sits on the fence about everything but he really banged on about Sizing Europe and Long Run when he was on 5Live on Monday night.
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite] NTD stable having a terrible week.

Just got worse! Joint favourite and last years winner of Foxhunters - Baby Run- fell at second last when looking well set.

1st 20 Zemsky (IRE) 33-1
    2nd 22 Mid Div And Creep 100-1
    3rd 14 Oscar Delta (IRE) 25-1
    Tricast paid £56151.83!!!!
  • Zemsky saved my Cheltenham, just about up.

1st 11 Sir Des Champs (FR) 9-2 F
    2nd 1 Son Of Flicka 28-1
    3rd 6 First Point (GER) 20-1
    4th 16 Indian Daudaie (FR) 25-1
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2011
    Blinkers clearly did the trick for What A Friend. Not enough juice in the ground for Tidal Bay - stormed up the hill but from too far back.
    What pillock doubted Long Run's stamina? Oh that would be me. What a plonker.
    Didn't back too many this week because of other commitments and just as well - a complete blank.
    Will have to raid the wife's Christmas box for funds for Aintree. Roll on 9th April but take a look at the Midlands National tomorrow - several GN contenders on show.
  • peanuts what chance for Junior in the national ?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]peanuts what chance for Junior in the national ?

He's so far down the weights (9-12) I can't see him making the line up and to be honest I haven't looked at his stats for that reason - there's a second forfiet stage next Tuesday and if a load come out I'll have a butchers.
  • first time in over 20 years I haven't had a festival bet. Gotta watch the pennies
  • Anybody use the racing post app on iPhone? Mate used the predictor race on the last race, it gave the winner, he had a fiver e/w @ 40/1. Very nice.
  • edited March 2011
    Peanuts you are obviously saving your powers for Aintree.

I too wimped out of Long Run, thought he'd prefer softer ground in a similar fashion to Grand Crus and I doubted his handling of Cheltenham after his two fairly average thirds... against my better judgment I ended up on the Commander and the bugger got me back for last year... thought he had a keen chance a few from home but then he just dropped anchor. As above, a spectacularly horrid festival for Twiston-Davies but a great one for some of the others.
  • Tiped a Long Run - Denman forecast this morning and was going to have a tennner reverse on it, got to the bookies and changed my mind and went for midnight chase e/w
    Feel sick
  • Sorry CAFCsayer, I think everyone knows that feeling... the cardinal sin in gambling is changing your mind, we all know it, doesn't stop us from doing it though!

Apologies to anyone who was on Denman today but I was pleading him not to win, I fancied him on impulse even when the rains didn't come, he was up to 10/1 a few mins before the off but I changed my mind and the Commander sucked me in, when he was motoring and the Commander was shot and Kauto was stalling there was no oxygen coming in!

What a palarver.
  • Blew out placepot on gold cup, had midnight chase. Would have had £2s worth of the £4000 placepot. Sick, as they were all backable in the frame.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Peanuts you are obviously saving your powers for Aintree.

Hoping so ISLS.
    Nice one re Carlito Brigante in the Coral Cup and unlucky that For Non Stop fell at the last to deny you a 1-2 (FNS was my third selection alongside the nags that were lapped -typified my week!)