Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham Festival 2011

123457»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Peanuts you are obviously saving your powers for Aintree.

Hoping so ISLS.
    Nice one re Carlito Brigante in the Coral Cup and unlucky that For Non Stop fell at the last to deny you a 1-2 (FNS was my third selection alongside the nags that were lapped -typified my week!)

Ta mate, festival highlight that for me, along with how gamely Grand Crus chased down the imperious Big Bucks even though it lost me my "to win"... however there were far too many glowing disappointments, most particularly Time for Rupert, Medermit, Poquelin and I suppose Imperial Commander has to come into that bracket as well.

All in all, not as profitable as I'd hoped, but a hell of a lot of fun, and I come out of it with enough for some "free" beers tonight and tomorrow - suppose that's the aim for dabblers!

Roll on Aintree...
  • As I said at the begining of this thread, don't believe the hype!
    Cue Card
    Medermit
    Sunnyhillboy
    Maljimar
    Definity
    So young
    Time For Rupert
    Master Minded
    Call The Police
    Plan A
    Ericht
    Wishful Thinking
    Charteux
    Poquelin
    Beautiful Sound
    Sam Winner
    Alarazi
    Imperial Commander
    On The fringe
    Imsingintheblues

There you are. A host of well fancied failures.
  • edited March 2011
    Ta mate, festival highlight that for me, along with how gamely Grand Crus chased down the imperious Big Bucks even though it lost me my "to win"... however there were far too many glowing disappointments, most particularly Time for Rupert, Medermit, Poquelin and I suppose Imperial Commander has to come into that bracket as well.

All in all, not as profitable as I'd hoped, but a hell of a lot of fun, and I come out of it with enough for some "free" beers tonight and tomorrow - suppose that's the aim for dabblers!

Roll on Aintree...[/quote]

Denman's run yesterday was my highlight. What a horse.
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburn Score[/cite]Ta mate, festival highlight that for me, along with how gamely Grand Crus chased down the imperious Big Bucks even though it lost me my "to win"... however there were far too many glowing disappointments, most particularly Time for Rupert, Medermit, Poquelin and I suppose Imperial Commander has to come into that bracket as well.

Roll on Aintree...
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    Denman's run yesterday was my highlight. What a horse.

Very true... speaking from not a personal perspective and for a general spectacle and sense of achievement, that Gold Cup yesterday was something special.
  • edited March 2011
    Good day yesterday as had a small win & then won On Long Run. 7 of us there all on Long Run it was great.
    Everyone around us appeared to be shouting for Denman & Kauto Star, absolutely loved it when Long Run passed them - whoop whoop.

Even better, as I was now up, I decided to have no more bets & relax in the sunshine drinking Guinness, watching the final few races.
    The other reason being, because it was so packed there you could hardly move & had to queue up for ages for betting, beers, toliets etc.

Next race the 4.00 I would have backed the favourite Baby Run & I was a bit peeved as he was romping home & once again all around me appeared to have backed him. Quietly thought to myself "fall you bugger" and he duly did when well clear. Oh how I loved that.

I know you shouldn't admit it, but I bloody loved it.
  • It was so fucking busy yesterday. Unbearable. Far too much tweed on show. Denman, what a hero
  • Been at Cheltenham all week and had a fantastic not to mention profitable time. Would have loved to see Denman win the Gold Cup but as it turned out Long Run winning was even better as I had him in a treble with Bobs Worth and Sir Des Champs. Best week of the year for me and it also took my mind off the problems in SE7 at the moment. Surely we are not going to be looking over our shoulders in the next week or two are we?
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite] Far too much tweed on show.

?
    It's THEIR festival FFS!