Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon must start.. discuss

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
one pivotal change that must happen to arrest the slide, we need a cohesive middle

Comments

• Options
    We seem to be chopping and changing mate, Powell needs to look back at videos and see whats worked best before he came.....Ive lost the plot mate its gotten so confusing, so no wonder the players look like they have only just met.
  • Options
    agreed, just think he's (sadly) all we have in that boss role, the other are play breakers, not play makers.. :)
  • Options
    As ever Racon is one of our best players when he is not playing,pity he can't be when he does.
  • Options
    oh yes defo at least he trys to shot and make things happen ! mcoxo OUT please!!
  • Options
    no good wide, must be central
  • Options
    McOxo should never be selected ahead of Racon.
    End of.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]McOxo should never be selected ahead of Racon.
    End of.[/quote]

When you put it like that, it does defy belief.
  • Options
    What, the free scoring, defence-splitting passer, assist meister that is Therry Racon?

To be honest, both him and McOxo have had more than enough chances to prove they can do something in this league. They can't.

Would bench them both and play the fella from Spurs with Reid/Jackson on one wing and Waggy/Eccles on the other.
  • Options
    Parrett looked crocked as he came off yesterday
  • Options
    So how many goals/assits has this beast of a creative midfielder had this season? How about in his entire time at CAFC?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Racon is not the answer and never will be. Where were we when we signed him? He's definateley on my list of " do not renew contract" - there is no substance with him at all. No goals and very few assists and the same goes for Semedo. Having said all that they should be in the team ahead of that lump McCormack.
  • Options
    As I have said before, assists only take into account the final pass, how many time do we play a 40 yard through ball that our strikers actually capitalise on? Remember all those balls we were playing against Notts County away, and Eccleston and BWP were snatching at their shots? Racon passes forwards and brings others into the play, something which we sorely lack when he isn't in the team, especially as JJ seemed to be one of the only other players who done this. Also, Racon wins more challenges than McCormack, and when he tackles he goes in and wins the ball quite a lot, much more than I have ever seen McOxo do. Reid and Wagstaff are so ineffectual right now, there is not much point in playing them. Having said that, Waggy can at least pop up with a goal, so I would play him off two stirkers in a free role position, with a 3 man midfield of Semedo, JJ and Racon (Parrettfor JJ at the moment)

One other thing, what exactly do people see in Eccleston? Is it because he is quick? Or because he is from a Premiership club? I don't think he is an better than what we have right now to be honest, if it's speed we want, why don't we just nip down to Norman Park and pick up a couple of runners?
  • Options
    Racon is just not good enough for a team with aspirations promotion. However, for a team that looks more likely to go down than up his presence might be enough to help scrape the handful of points needed for safety. I agree with Off It though, my preference wold be for a combination that didn't involve either him or McCormack.
  • Options
    I agree that he hasnt been the player he can be for a long time, but can anyone honestly say that when we had Semedo-Racon as our CM it was any worse than the absolute rubbish we've seen recently? Anyone? Lots of people are now trying to argue we were wrong to get rid of Parkinson and looking back at some of our better results earlier in the season as evidence...werent we playing Racon and Semedo in central midfield in those games?
  • Options
    An off-form Racon will always be better than an in-form McCormack, don't buy into any of this Racon isn't good enough lark because he clearly is and it's an insult to put him on the bench in this division when he is good enough for the Championship. Yes he doesn't score bundles of goals and make plenty of assists but not every midfielder is measured on that, believe me if he goes people will soon start to miss him because I doubt we'll be able to get anyone in as good to replace him.
  • Options
    Well if he doesn't score goals or make assists then he can't play alongside Semedo because he doesnt do those either!
  • Options
    given our current squad, racon should always start yes.
  • Options
    Not for me - don't rate him at all
  • Options
    Racon should start.......for the reserves...maybe. He is terrible along with the rest of the team at the moment.
  • Options
    Not for me, no end product and a passenger when the opposition have the ball. Plays for himself, not the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Not for me, no end product and a passenger when the opposition have the ball. Plays for himself, not the team.
    So McOxo should start in preference?
  • Options
    Mid life crisis - McOxo is Conference standard. How about Wagstaff on the right and Ecclestone or Reid on the left? Racon has had plenty of opportunities this season and produced nothing much.
  • Options
    we were doing OK with Racon in the middle if you recall, and we are talking worst of a bad bunch - some people should perhaps read the posts before raving on as they seem to do on every post/thread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Mid life crisis - McOxo is Conference standard. How about Wagstaff on the right and Ecclestone or Reid on the left? Racon has had plenty of opportunities this season and produced nothing much.
    Conference standard? More like Kent league.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Mid life crisis - McOxo is Conference standard. How about Wagstaff on the right and Ecclestone or Reid on the left? Racon has had plenty of opportunities this season and produced nothing much.
    Conference standard? More like Kent league.

Add Reid to the list, he is hopeless since he got a contract.....bloody shameful
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Not for me, no end product and a passenger when the opposition have the ball. Plays for himself, not the team.

Spot on.

Get rid of the deluded nonentity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]we were doing OK with Racon in the middle if you recall, and we are talking worst of a bad bunch - some people should perhaps read the posts before raving on as they seem to do on every post/thread

What? So because people are disagreeing with you and don't particularly rate one of your obvious favourites they are "raving on" are they? Weird.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Racon is not the answer and never will be. Where were we when we signed him? He's definateley on my list of " do not renew contract" - there is no substance with him at all. No goals and very few assists and the same goes for Semedo. Having said all that they should be in the team ahead of that lump McCormack.

100% agree although i think calling Macormack a lump flatters him - it insuates some degree of presence.
  • Options
    I can't help but wonder how poor Stavrinou must be if he can't get a game in our midfield.
  • Options
    I'm giving up on seeing the Racon I remember - Something has happened to him. I'd play Llera in his place with Parret and Semedo in the middle. One of my major disapointments this season amongst a few others!