Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon must start.. discuss

Comments

• Options
    Yes and probably will but when we are going to lose whatever we try and sometimes things go the other way - the fresh blood galvanises the team. Remeber Linvoy Primus on debut - now is actually a good time to blood Mambo - yes the team is struggling but that will take some pressure off of him.
  • Options
    If he starts should be a 4-5-1 formation:

--------------------------Worner------------------------
    -----------Jenkinson---Llera----Doherty----Bessonne----
    ------------------------------Semedo-------------------------
    Waggy----------------Parrett---------Racon----------------------------Reidy
    --------------------------------BWP/Nouble-----------------
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Racon is the sort of player you could see thriving when he leaves us- but he is frustrating me as I have seen the best and worst of him. I don't undertsand how the player I have seen at his best can't impose himself more whoever he is playing with. I think he does try too - it's one of those you just can't put your finger on. Maybe if you stick a hardworking, dirty bu**er in there with him and Semedo, he would thrive more - I don't honestly know.

What I do know is that he once seemed to have a shot and seemed capable of getting in the right goal scoring areas - he onced seemed capable of picking a pass and making things happen. WHy is he no longer capable of that now- probably a question the management should be trying to find the answer to? I doubt mcCormack semed capable of these at any point in his career - no point searching for something that isn't there!

He's a master of illusion - when was this golden spell he had? Every manager he's played for has marginalised him to the flanks or dropped him. The image and the reality are very different.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's been in glimpses admitedly - injuries have seemed to intervened at the wrong times - but this season he has been largely fit.
  • Options
    What we lack is a captain in the centre of defence (a Malkay Mackay type not a Dailly or Ginger Pele) and a captain of the midfield(an Ian Ashbee or young Kitchenchef). Yes we have a lot of bad players - but bring in a couple of leaders and suddenly your Racons and BWPs start playing....
  • Options
    I started this thread and asked for a discussion so flame throwers on stun please.

Racon is all we have at present bar some miracle loan signing, so he must play, believe me I agree he isn't perfect
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Yes and probably will but when we are going to lose whatever we try and sometimes things go the other way - the fresh blood galvanises the team. Remeber Linvoy Primus on debut - now is actually a good time to blood Mambo - yes the team is struggling but that will take some pressure off of him.
    The team struggling is exactly why we can't just chuck Mambo in at centre back. The way we're playing he'll be under a lot of pressure and it could take one mistake for him to lose confidence.

He's big and strong enough I don't doubt that, but this a player who was dropped to the bench in an average at best Blue Square Prem side. If he was quick maybe but he's not really any different as a player to the types of centre backs we have.

I also can't see how you could call Fry a liability and utter garbage but call for Mambo to start? If he can't play well two divisions below what will he offer at this level?
  • Options
    Well, I'm calling what I see. I'm not saying Mambo is necessarily the answer but might be worth another look in a game we are pretty much doomed to lose anyway.
  • Options
    I cannot believe some of what I've just read.

Racon is terrible, when does he EVER play in the strikers with a creative pass?
    He NEVER seems to have the ball under control, (ball comes to him from a winger, it's more than likely he'll take 3 touches to finally get it under control, then pass is back)
    He lacks pace also and doesn't travel with the ball enough.

Our midfield is the reason we are where we are, no creativity whatsoever, Semedo is about our best midfielder and even he can't pass forward. Racon does nothing positive for the team, every pass (when he eventually gets it under control) goes sideways or back, and people on here saying he can play football and is creative!!!!! NO.

We haven't had a centre midfielder with a defence cutting pass since Andy Reid, Nicky Bailey couldn't pass either but he more than made up for that with his determination and goal scoring record.

Changes in Midfield a MUST this summer.

P.S Don't get me started on Alan Mc... forgotton how to spell his name but I don't wanna know it anyways.
  • Options
    Rather than specific changes - what I am really calling for is something different - If it doesn't come off so be it but playing Saturday's line up -or close to it looked suicidal on Saturday and would look even worse tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Reading between the line of Mick Collin's blame post I think some of the players already know where they will be playing next season and it's not at Charlton. Racon may have already tied up a deal (as he is legally entitled to with less than 6 months left on his contract) with another Club. I'd have a little bet it's not a league 1 club either.

Jackson reportedly signed for Brighton in January, so anyone expecting him to be the knight in shining armour who rescues our season might sadly see a different Jackson (as disinterested as the others) when he returns :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Rather than specific changes - what I am really calling for is something different - If it doesn't come off so be it but playing Saturday's line up -or close to it looked suicidal on Saturday and would look even worse tonight.
    Fair enough, agree about that line up, didn't like the look of the midfield and so not a surprise we lost the game
    [cite]Posted By: spiritof1947[/cite]Jackson reportedly signed for Brighton in January, so anyone expecting him to be the knight in shining armour who rescues our season might sadly see a different Jackson (as disinterested as the others) when he returns :(
    Someone asked him on Twitter if he's staying and he said yes...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My thoughts on seeing it was- defence to leak goals - midfield sterile - will create next to no chances but would definitely concede. And it makes you even more angry when your suspicions turn out to be 100% correct. It felt like raising the white flag to me - if we have key players injured we have to come up with a better plan B - if the different plan doesn't work -ok but at least you have tried to do something. Sometimes good things can come from unlikely places but you have to take a risk or two (if you can call it that when the alternative is to lose anyway).

As you can tell , I'd probably be a bit of a disaterous maverick of a manager but maybe- just maybe Powell isn't maverick enough. Please, I really hope I am wrong but that team selection was so worrying!!!!
  • Options
    Well, Racon started tonight. Verdict?
  • Options
    MOTM
  • Options
    Racon for me has been one of the worst players this season so far...but tonight he was actually really good, probably the best he has played all season, not MOTM (Bessone for me) but he was up there today with the rest of the team.
  • Options
    He was class tonight - such a shame he not on his game consistantly, seems to play better against better opposition .... But can't fault him for skill and even more importantly effort and work especially up against Chamberlain doubling up, hats off Mr Racon !!
  • Options
    Seen him do this far too often. He had a cracking game tonight, really good (other than a couple of bad decisions regarding passing), but he needs to go on a run of 4 or 5 games like that to really have an impact. Is he suddenly ok being out on the left?
  • Options
    Good performance but there is more there that needs to be extracted and he needs to be consistent,lets see how he is on saturday
  • Options
    Wasn't there tonight, but any chance that having a natural overlapping left back behind him helped?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hes not a winger and never will be
  • Options
    Was very good tonight, and deserves credit (for tonights performance). Above all else he was totally committed.

However, it only goes to show that he has been short changing us all season (and last).
  • Options
    Was excellent tonight, people criticise him for going missing but can anyone name a player in our team who is consistant game after game apart from maybe Semedo?

Hope we see more performances like tonight, we'll probably see if he really wants a contract here.

Personally think he is a good player at this level and will always look better with better players around him, plus if he is a squad player he is more than good enough for this level to come on and change things.
  • Options
    Could it be that inferior teams earmark him as a threat and try haredr to stop him than Saints did. Maybe we need more creative threats in the team to get the best out of him - Parett helped tonight as we had 2 creative outlets in midfield. Tonights midfield is definitely worth perservering with and lets hope Therry can keep it up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Wasn't there tonight, but any chance that having a natural overlapping left back behind him helped?
    Can't remember Bessone overlapping that often.

Racon gets more space out on the left, and Parrett is willing to get forward which also helps.

Racon is a decent player but I don't think him and Semedo will ever be the answer in CM together. Parrett wasn't brilliant but he offered something a bit different. Racon can often sit back in CM, which we already have Semedo for.
  • Options
    I think you could see the embrionic beginning of what could be an excellent midfield 3 - Yes there were some downsides but the signs were there if you cared to look for them.
  • Options
    Good showing from him yesterday on the left hand side, but i would still have Jacko in front of him in the side when he returns from injury
  • Options
    We need the competition - if Racon plays like that he keeps Jackson out if he doesn't he gets dropped. Hopefully he keeps Jackson out - thats the sort of competition the team needs.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCsayer[/cite]Hes not a winger and never will be

But he wasn't played as a winger .... he's the 3rd CM playing wider but narrow, like Jackson does (Curbs 'Graeme Stuart' role).
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Exactly - wingers are a luxury anyway unless they really provide the delivery consistently - or something to be used against tiring defence. Somebody suggested Wagstaff was akin to playing 10 against 11 lasy night. I don't fully subscribe to that- he put in a decent shift but I do understand the point being made - we can get the width from movement of versatile attackers (All are comfortable going wide on occasions) and Racon from time to time and of course the full backs - we really don't need to start with out and out wingers.