Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale 2-0 Charlton - Post Match Sorrows

Comments

• Options
    Thank god we got rid of Parky! We would have been in danger of getting into the play-offs!!
  • Options
    On the plus side....Sheffield Wednesday, who are much bigger club than us, are struggling too...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]Thank god we got rid of Parky! We would have been in danger of getting into the play-offs!!

We should never have got rid of Dowie.
  • Options
    Please lets think long term.
    Its so disheartening to see this current state we are in. But to change it takes time.
    Radical change
    And that cant take place in months.
    Think 2 years+.
    We are not flipping a switch, we are re building a club.

There is no man alive who can turn us around over the short term from the pit we are in.

Too many of us expect a new messiah to pick up all the pieces of a complicated jigsaw, throw the pieces on the table and expect a complete picture to emerge. Sorry , life, and Chalrton's rennaisaance, aint that simple.There is NO magic trick anyone can play.

Get used to it, however painful the re build is going to be
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    How the mighty are fallen.

Is this the most obvious cliche of our last few years?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]We should never have got rid of Dowie.

Well, that is actually true. We certainly would not be in such a bad position as we are now (imhfo), may even be in the premiership but with a decent manager, more likely than where we are now...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]

Well, that is actually true. We certainly would not be in such a bad position as we are now (imhfo), may even be in the premiership but with a decent manager, more likely than where we are now...

A moment of humour in the darkeness.
    Brilliant stuff. Well done!
  • Options
    Can I just stress I didn't mean Dowie as the decent manager!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Am I the only one who feels we need to rebuild this whole team starting from the back?
    I am very surprised Powell never even attempted to sort out the back line, and the man was a Defender himself. Everyone can see how weak it is, worst team I ever seen defending set pieces.

His tactics are awful too, Saturday i recall him (at some point) playing Liera left back, Racon on left wing, Doherty upfront and BWP taking corners? I mean what is the man doing?
    The only thing I do like about his tactics is that he trys to get the team to attack more, more so then Parkinson ever did but thats about it.

I am sorry Powell I loved you as a player, you are a Charlton legend but I don't want you managing Charlton any longer, Take Alex Dyer with you too he played in a bad Charlton team
    so he'll bring us no luck either.

Get us new manager, with new ideas please.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just got back , I mean you know we're non league when I can park 30 yards from the away entrance in the street
    I thought we done ok and reckon we played better than we did against soton and we were the much better of the two teams on the attacking front but unbelievably they had a keeper who could stop the ball with his hands and didn't need it kicked into his face/chest/legs to make a save
    Reasonable numbers up there for a team with generally a small away following
    I think that must be the smallest league crowd I've attended in my 34 years of following charlie town
    Wouldn't miss any of the back 5 if they disappeared forever
    Unlike lanccy I thought racon was ok going forward and I like the look of parrett, waggy did ok first half hour of the match , bwp and JA were quiet,
    Benno done well when he came on and was unlucky not to score
    I'm not too disheatened after that performance,
    I'll put my neck out and say I fancy us to win comfortably on saturday

We have some weird weird fans , always good to go to an obscure game like this and see the varying different species of football fan
    COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Whilst enjoying a wonderful meat and tato pie I watched the warm up and I thought it was quite intense the two touch they were playing but the enthusiasm was limited in the players and alex dyer and damian don't look happy either going thru the motions of the warm up with the players
    I think the team like the fans can't wait for the curtain to be closed on this season

Shameful times
  • Options
    Racon anonymous ? LOL. He was excellant tonight, probably the best performance I've ever seen from him. Despite what LancsAddick said we were the better team, we were the team that deserved to win that game. Just as Bournemouth deserved to win on Saturday and didn't we deserved to win tonight and didn't. Can't remember them having an effort on target apart from the goals whereas we came up against a keeper playing a blinder as Robbie did on Saturday. Two saves from Benno were outstanding. Add to that a couple of goalline clearances and numerous blocks and we were by far the better team. Yes they passed the ball around neatly but we fashioned the chances. If we had played like that the last eleven games we'd still be in with a shout. Couple of sloppy goals though have again done for us. Full backs were better than Saturday. Waggy had a decent game and imo shouldn't have been subbed. BWP I thought tried but was out of sorts. Anyinsah was way off the pace and picked up another injury. Benno was very lively. Parratt was impressive. Got a lot more involved and when he had the ball was incisive and looked to get forward and create chances. I hope we can persuede Harry to either loan or sell him to us as I think he could be a big part of next seasons jigsaw. Glad that Stewart came on for the ineffective Semedo and he looked neat and tidy and could pass to a red shirt. Hope he and Parratt start in the middle on Saturday. Time to see if we can 'cope' without Jose, I think we can. Fans clapped the team off at the end, such a difference from ten days ago at Dag and Red. We lost but I was happy. We'd put in a shift, created numerous chances, come up against an inspired keeper, and should have won.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Racon anonymous ? LOL. He was excellant tonight, probably the best performance I've ever seen from him. Despite what LancsAddick said we were the better team, we were the team that deserved to win that game. Just as Bournemouth deserved to win on Saturday and didn't we deserved to win tonight and didn't. Can't remember them having an effort on target apart from the goals whereas we came up against a keeper playing a blinder as Robbie did on Saturday. Two saves from Benno were outstanding. Add to that a couple of goalline clearances and numerous blocks and we were by far the better team. Yes they passed the ball around neatly but we fashioned the chances. If we had played like that the last eleven games we'd still be in with a shout. Couple of sloppy goals though have again done for us. Full backs were better than Saturday. Waggy had a decent game and imo shouldn't have been subbed. BWP I thought tried but was out of sorts. Anyinsah was way off the pace and picked up another injury. Benno was very lively. Parratt was impressive. Got a lot more involved and when he had the ball was incisive and looked to get forward and create chances. I hope we can persuede Harry to either loan or sell him to us as I think he could be a big part of next seasons jigsaw. Glad that Stewart came on for the ineffective Semedo and he looked neat and tidy and could pass to a red shirt. Hope he and Parratt start in the middle on Saturday. Time to see if we can 'cope' without Jose, I think we can. Fans clapped the team off at the end, such a difference from ten days ago at Dag and Red. We lost but I was happy. We'd put in a shift, created numerous chances, come up against an inspired keeper, and should have won.

Thank f@ck it was better than the score suggests. Promise me you haven't got back pissed.

I was about to slit my wrists reading the thread till the last comment. Thanks for the feedback LargeAddick.
  • Options
    I have to echo what Large has just posted & I have no idea where Lancs Addick was seasted but obviously wasn't with the rest of us !!

Positives:

Racon was outstanding and very unlucky not to score
    Waggy had his best match for ages and was full of running
    Parett is looking better & better
    Benson came on & actually looked like a footballer for once - like Rcaon he was very unlucky not to score, esp with his header.

Negatives

NONE !!!!!!!!!!

If we can play like that for the last 8 games of the season then we will pick up enough points to be safely in mid table & no-where near the relegation fodder.

Best perforamnce since Peterborough away
  • Options
    Thanks for the confirmation Golfaddick. Nice to know I am not the only one not a kip.
  • Options
    Feck me, I have seen it all now. We lose 2-0 at Rochdale but apparently its OK because we "played well" - Jesus wept!

I don't think people would have been quite so charitable if the previous manager had been in charge at Spotland for our 11th game without a win.

We don't have much choice but to persevere until the end of the season but Powell is going to be under massive pressure next August to deliver the goods.

What annoys me is that there is increasingly little logic to sacking Parkinson when and how we did, we may as well have kept him on and if he failed to get us up then bring Powell in at the end of the season.

What have we gained by bringing Powell in mid-season if we have a massive end of season clear out anyway?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Golfie is positive.

Things can't be that bad.
  • Options
    Everything is ok.

Phew.
  • Options
    the best signing the club could make now or in the summer would be steve brown,brighton youth coach now get him in to coach the back 5 his style of defending is exactly what u need in this league. just a thought as our defending at times has been more comical than the office.
  • Options
    why aint you at work Ad ? How's it going in your new job ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    on train to crystal palarse mate 8am start left home 6.15am so far so good, my new pc is being setup today so could see a return of the pictures! all good tho mate and weirdly looking forward to sat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Feck me, I have seen it all now. We lose 2-0 at Rochdale but apparently its OK because we "played well" - Jesus wept!

I don't think people would have been quite so charitable if the previous manager had been in charge at Spotland for our 11th game without a win.

We don't have much choice but to persevere until the end of the season but Powell is going to be under massive pressure next August to deliver the goods.

What annoys me is that there is increasingly little logic to sacking Parkinson when and how we did, we may as well have kept him on and if he failed to get us up then bring Powell in at the end of the season.

What have we gained by bringing Powell in mid-season if we have a massive end of season clear out anyway?

Parkinson's gone.....time to get over it.
    Powell's in, time to get on with it.
  • Options
    Has the universe turned inside out? Large and Golfie positive after a defeat to Rochdale?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Has the universe turned inside out? Large and Golfie positive after a defeat to Rochdale?!

We played well for us , in fact I'd say better than in the 4 games we won at the beginning of SCP's reign .... And you gotta respect them two who go practically everywhere to watch that shower of shit and they're not rose tinted and dress it up in flowers like some wished they had as our fall from grace has happened

Omg ormiston in shock parky shouldn't have been sacked mention

** pass me the razor blades**
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2011
    Agree mate, it's good we're playing well. Against Rochdale. I'd still prefer results though.

Powell is going to need a Parky type start to the season circa 2009 to get the fans onside I think.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Anyone that follows this shower to Rochdale on a Tuesday evening must be certifiable.

For them alone, I hope we win vs Leyton Orient.

Playing 'well' and yet lose v Rochdale 2-0. . . . . ffs get a grip.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Feck me, I have seen it all now. We lose 2-0 at Rochdale but apparently its OK because we "played well" - Jesus wept!

Nobody has said everything is alright or disagreed with people having their moan. Two of those that came back from the game only made the point that the performance was better than the result suggests and it does no harm to take a small positive from that.

If Powell is given the funds and left in charge then I am hoping he is learning from this season in more ways than one, otherwise we truly will be stuffed next season.

With regard to Parky I never shouted for his head but thought the decision at the time was right to get rid. We have not looked like a side capable of promotion from the off and the slide had already started (bottom club Walsall and Swindon struggling proved that). I personally wanted a experienced bloke appointed and was not in the CP euphoria camp, however I want Powel to get a grip and be successful as I would no matter who is in charge.
  • Options
    Sounds like it was an encouraging performance , if a disappointing result.

Powell is learning in the school of hard knocks and his struggles now will hold him in good stead next season when he's got a decent squad of players to whom the club is committed and who are committed to the club.

Don't think Mascot opening this thread by saying ''the club is toxic at the moment'' is remotely true. Everyone surely realises we're in a transitional phase in which everybody is waiting for the season to end so the real work can start.

Paradoxically, despite the poor run, I remain more optimistic about our future than I have felt in years.
  • Options
    So lets have this right.

A trigger happy board pander to a sizeable minority of morons that wanted the previous manager out.

The worst team in the history of Charlton Athletic Football Club (although note the same players werent quite so bad 4 months ago)

A manager who though loved for his personality, and playing ability, and love of Charlton, totally out of his depth tactically.

Potentially the lowest number of season ticket holders next season since the Lennie days next season.

A fan base as divided as we have ever been.

Be Careful What You Wish For my Parky bashing friends.

And do you know what the funniest thing about all this is, and arguably the funniest since this site was set up?

Its the brothers grim, the same ones that hounded out Curbs, moaned about Pardew, destroyed Parky week in week out ,are now coming on here after no win in 13, after losing to bloody Rochdale, and telling us all that we played well and there are no negatives.

LOL LOL.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2011
    The thing about saying things will get better is that those saying it can easily say "I told you so" because (hopefully) it's unlikely to get much worse. There ar epeople in this world who just need to be right all of the time and they are just covering themselves.