Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale 2-0 Charlton - Post Match Sorrows

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Have to agree with those that thought we played well (based on the reality of being a third division team). 7 times out of ten we would have won this game. Our shortfall seemed to be in the final ball to the strikers, granted some of these balls were not good enough but that certainly wasn't the case all the time. Parrett played well, it was good to see a player at this level who is confortable on the ball. If we continue to play in this fashion, this run will soon come to an end.
  • Options
    Large - I was there, right down the front, and my opinion is that Racon was very poor when on the left wing, when he switched to right I couldn't see him too well.

Please tell me what he did right, I saw a player who didn't put in any decent crosses, who didn't score any goals and didn't help his full back that much, unlike Wagstaff who did nearly all the things on the right that Racon didn't do on the left - that's MY opinion.

So please don't suggest that I wasn't there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SheffieldRed[/cite]Have to agree with those that thought we played well (based on the reality of being a third division team). 7 times out of ten we would have won this game. Our shortfall seemed to be in the final ball to the strikers, granted some of these balls were not good enough but that certainly wasn't the case all the time. Parrett played well, it was good to see a player at this level who is confortable on the ball. If we continue to play in this fashion, this run will soon come to an end.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a tough loss. Onwards & upwards.
  • Options
    "Potentially the lowest number of season ticket holders next season since the Lennie days next season."

No chance of that whatsoever - based on what's actually coming in.

Out of interest Airman, how many season ticket holders did we have in the Lennie days?
  • Options
    Just got home from Rochdale fill the football we are playing at the moment is running hot and cold.We were up against aside yesterday that is trying hard to figure in the play-offs at the end of the season ,with the home fans behind the team we were up against it from the off.We played some good football last night but miss the man that can finish a game off up front.Would say Benson play really well when coming on after a four match ban,Parriot is trying to play football but is a bit to good for Charlton and Dailly is working his balls off to try to hold Charlton together.Overall we got out played by a better team that are trying to battle away into the play offs.We have written this season off and some players are playing for new contracts next season.Things will turn around but the manager needs time and he will be given it .
    ONCE A FAN ALWAYS A FAN ,DO NOT FORGET THAT.
  • Options
    Well said, LC
  • Options
    i felt we played quite well. second half was better, but there were times when we put together some great moves and cut them open and on another day would have had a few goals. They are in good form and we aren't. Forget the manager these are all so called pro's and this is not a league filled with class. nobody can argue that our players cannot at least hold their own in this league on paper. for me it's time that they played for personal pride at the very least. powell can only pick from the squad he has got. if they don't get a result, what can he do? i was very pleased to see the fans show their appreciation for the effort put in at rochdale and the players appeared to genuinely appreciate it.
  • Options
    Being a student at Aberystwyth Uni I listen to as many matches as I can on the player so very rarely get to see the addicks play but reading this thread is really encouraging. I was quite down when I saw the result but things seems to be looking up! Thanks for the reports guys!
  • Options
    Blimey, that Rochdale keeper played a blinder!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have read as much of this thread as I can stand, and passed it around my family. My Grandaughters want to know, where do you buy your handbags ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]I have read as much of this thread as I can stand, and passed it around my family. My Grandaughters want to know, where do you buy your handbags ?
    Club shop, buy one, get one free...
  • Options
    hopefully now if you watch the highlights you'll understand what some of us have been saying..........
  • Options
    there keeper was outstanding! our shots were NOT bad ones!
  • Options
    and benson looked best hes been!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Large - I was there, right down the front, and my opinion is that Racon was very poor when on the left wing, when he switched to right I couldn't see him too well.

Please tell me what he did right, I saw a player who didn't put in any decent crosses, who didn't score any goals and didn't help his full back that much, unlike Wagstaff who did nearly all the things on the right that Racon didn't do on the left - that's MY opinion.

So please don't suggest that I wasn't there.

watch the highlights, two shots on target blocked or saved.
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights - looks like it was a cracking match! Also looks like we deserved at least a point.
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights and, albeit only 6 mins long, we looked as though we were unlucky not to score at least 1 goal. A bit like Robby I guess at Bournemouth, their keeper and defenders seemed to get in the way of everything we threw at them! Looked poor defending for their second goal though and their first was one that either went in or miles wide. Benson looked sharp and linked well up front so I hope he gets a start on Saturday.
  • Options
    Large - yes he had 2 sots on goal, but what else did he do?
  • Options
    I went & I'd say everyone has made valid points. Rochdale played the better "football" ie they could pass to each other comfortably and I can see why they have a chance of the play offs. We, on the other hand, had more of the ball and tried just as hard as them. We created more chances than them, but weren't good enough to create clear cut chances. Our crossing was poor & shooting had no power.

Wagstaff, whilst having a better game & being more involved still can't cross a ball. 2 out of 3 times he hits the 1st man & it's lost.
    Racon, for all his considerable endeavour, still didn't create a scoring chance for anyone and although he had 2 shots himself, he cannot get any power in his shots, which is why the keeper usually saves them.

In summary, a better performance, we tried and on another day we would have got at least a point.

The reality is though, that despite that being one of our better performances this season, it still wasn't good enough to get us a point.