Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale 2-0 Charlton - Post Match Sorrows

Comments

• Options
    I see we had 12 shots on target at Rochdale - compared to Brighton who had only 2 at Dag & Red.

Just shows when your luck is in or out !

I note from the PA match report that dale scored their 2nd after "a corner caused panic in the Charlton box" - SURELY NOT ???

Dale are also described as "playoff hopefuls"

We really are dross.
  • Options
    Look. I am about to state the obvious facts.
    The current run is relegation form.
    The squad is the same bar BWP & Some loans.
    PP had us in play offs when shown the door. We rarely lost 2 in a row under him.
    CAFC have not put in a performance since January.
    We all get a letter saying things are bad but gonna get better, (please give us your money).

It's a joke, the whole thing & I have had enough. Normally when we are crap I can laugh at it but not this time. This time is different. We let an honest pro, PP, go who was clearly doing a good job & appoint CP, a legend, who currently looks a bellend..

Eccleston can't get a game, Reid is leaving, JJ is going to Brighton, allegedly, we have turned the season into farce and I am ranting.

I am going for a lie down.
  • Options
    the corner that led to their second goal was never a corner ..... so what

this is as pathetic as it can get
    SCP has had as poor a managerial start as parky had, in the fact just as in our relegation from the championship season where seths goat could have done no worse that is how i see SCP tenure has been
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is it just me, or did the first few posts on this thread make no sense whatsoever? Mascot on about world cup players and directing an answer at December5th to a question that had not been asked, and Oggy quoting something that wasn't even there from Boogica?
  • Options
    Bloke on SSN at Spotland said ''Chris Powell still looking for his first win as manager''

Does feel like that to be honest, but come on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Is it just me, or did the first few posts on this thread make no sense whatsoever? Mascot on about world cup players and directing an answer at December5th to a question that had not been asked, and Oggy quoting something that wasn't even there from Boogica?

agreed, i read that last night when i was knackered and just thought i'd walked into the twilight zone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Is it just me, or did the first few posts on this thread make no sense whatsoever? Mascot on about world cup players and directing an answer at December5th to a question that had not been asked, and Oggy quoting something that wasn't even there from Boogica?

Nothing unusual for a post away match thread on here. Four or five comments from people who WENT to the game, with other waffle from the Mark Mansfield Fan Club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Man_About_Town[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Feck me, I have seen it all now. We lose 2-0 at Rochdale but apparently its OK because we "played well" - Jesus wept!

I don't think people would have been quite so charitable if the previous manager had been in charge at Spotland for our 11th game without a win.

We don't have much choice but to persevere until the end of the season but Powell is going to be under massive pressure next August to deliver the goods.

What annoys me is that there is increasingly little logic to sacking Parkinson when and how we did, we may as well have kept him on and if he failed to get us up then bring Powell in at the end of the season.

What have we gained by bringing Powell in mid-season if we have a massive end of season clear out anyway?

Parkinson's gone.....time to get over it.
    Powell's in, time to get on with it.

Missing the point, I am afraid.

If you are going to change the manager mid-season then you MUST back him with some proper funds to re-generate the squad, otherwise what is the point in changing the manager - especially when you are 5th?

I am getting very concerned and confused about some of Slater's public musings, especially as they contradict what others - most notably Varney have said.

Most recently in the Saints program Slater said that we had not invested significantly in January because you did not get good value in the January market, a claim which I think is dubious to say the least given the parlous nature of every FL clubs finances.

Then he says that we will be seeing "significant investment" over the Summer, when at the time of the takeover Varney had suggested a more organic, sustainable approach would be undertaken, suggesting there would not actually be a big transfer splurge.

Add these to his backing then sacking of Parkinson and you start to get a pattern of contradictory public statements.

I am not saying Parkinson was perfect, I know he was not, but for mine if you are not going to invest in new players for the rest of the season - apart from BWP and a few loans - then you may as well leave Parky in charge with his players and see where he takes us and then make the change at the end of the season.

By appointing Powell and not bringing in a lot of quality new blood we upset the apple-cart completely and left him between a rock and a hard place in a lot of ways.
  • Options
    no negatives on a 2-0 loss ......laughable and not to be taken serious
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]no negatives on a 2-0 loss ......laughable and not to be taken serious

My thoughts entirely, when I saw we were 2-0 down to them I thought to myself that "this must be the lowest point."

But then again I thought that at Dagenham!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of games Browny to hit all time lows..
  • Options
    Seems us & Sheff Wed are in the same boat. Luckily we've got a few more points
  • Options
    Oohaah, Large and Golfie saw positives last night, feel a bit better now. The performance at least couldn't have been that bad. Sounds like one of those games that on another day we'd have won. We created chances and the effort couldn't be questioned.

Would be good to see Parrett and Stewart start on Saturday as Large said. We know all about what Racon and Semedo can and can't do. Parrett and Stewart could both potentially be here next season, I'll be very surprised if both Racon and Semedo are still here.
  • Options
    Crikey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Plenty of games Browny to hit all time lows..

Yeah, mate, I can't even bring myself to look at the fixtures any more.

It's kind of like looking at a list of unpaid bills or a letter from your bank manager, it just fills you with dread and can only really be done with half a bottle of malt tucked inside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]

And do you know what the funniest thing about all this is, and arguably the funniest since this site was set up?

Its the brothers grim, the same ones that hounded out Curbs, moaned about Pardew, destroyed Parky week in week out ,are now coming on here after no win in 13, after losing to bloody Rochdale, and telling us all that we played well and there are no negatives.

LOL LOL.

I apologise for going all the way to Rochdale and coming back positive about a performance. Would you rather I came on here and lied ? Ok, we were shit, the defence was shit, BWP is a lazy sod, Llera is a disaster, Elliott is too short and fat, Waggy isn't up to it, Powell hasn't got a clue, Powell out, sack the Board, close down the Box Office, scrap Valley Gold.

Happy now ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

And do you know what the funniest thing about all this is, and arguably the funniest since this site was set up?

Its the brothers grim, the same ones that hounded out Curbs, moaned about Pardew, destroyed Parky week in week out ,are now coming on here after no win in 13, after losing to bloody Rochdale,and telling us all that we played well and there are no negatives.

LOL LOL.

I apologise for going all the way to Rochdale and coming back positive about a performance. Would you rather I came on here and lied ? Ok, we were shit, the defence was shit, BWP is a lazy sod, Llera is a disaster, Elliott is too short and fat, Waggy isn't up to it, Powell hasn't got a clue, Powell out, sack the Board, close down the Box Office, scrap Valley Gold.

Happy now ?

That's much better, I can finally relax now I know things are normal again.
  • Options
    We've got our Largey back, we've got our Largey back!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The thing about saying things will get better is that those saying it can easily say "I told you so" because (hopefully) it's unlikely to get much worse. There ar epeople in this world who just need to be right all of the time and they are just covering themselves.

and that is just bollocks.
  • Options
    Was it better than some of the wins under Parky that you used to moan about week after week.

I shouldnt pick out individuals but there are people on here with their own agendas, that distort basic facts to try to make their argument sound plausible (see Incorruptible with his 'the most positive I have been thread')

This is the lowest I have felt as a Charlton fan since probably 1987 when it didnt look like we would come back to The Valley etc.

I can only see it getting worse with non Charlton people, with ideas changing by the hour trying to run OUR football club.

Fair play on you going to Rochdale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasnt directed at you Large.
  • Options
    Do people honestly think that given money to spend and a pre season with 'his' players, that Powell will turn this round? Has he shown anything in any of his games to give you that impression, he certainly hasn't to me. Yes i want it to work, we all do, but i can't see it.

This situation echoes the Norwich one when they had their legend Bryan Gunn in charge. They quickly rectified the situation and now look at them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Was it better than some of the wins under Parky that you used to moan about week after week.

I shouldnt pick out individuals but there are people on here with their own agendas, that distort basic facts to try to make their argument sound plausible (see Incorruptible with his 'the most positive I have been thread')

to be honest, yes it was.

I havn't got an agenda. Do you think the Board give two hoots what I personally think about any given situation. All I have is opinions. My opinion is that Parky wasn't up to the job. My opinion is that MAYBE Powell isn't either but he needs to be given time and needs to be given the opportunity to build his own side with his own players. Then and only then can we justifiably question his ability.
  • Options
    of course this is a new footballing low for most of us youngsters , the old uns may remember the early 70's but we got promoted on the third occassion and hadn't recently been dining at the top table and weren't as big a club back then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Wasnt directed at you Large.

ok, apologies then.
  • Options

Let me guess who then :- )
  • Options

who was it directed at ?
    slater or incorruptible or reams or offit ?
  • Options
    Re post 69. your point wasn't in the post I replied to, so how did I miss it? My point is Parky has gone, but still people drone on about a situation that has gone.......it's all over. CP is here, for better or worse......people should get on with it and look forward........too negative.........you guys wouldn't have this attitude in your work or private lives
  • Options
    I can honestly say I did not even know charlton were playing last night nor did I care much, went to Wembley instead had another 12 hour drinking bender following on from Bournemouth. Had a cracking time ruined only be the text i received telling me that we had lost again at about 11.30pm last night. The Club has clearly given up on this season & so now have I. Will continue to go hoping for the best but expect the worst. Each year I think we have hit rock bottom & each year we keep sinking further still. I am sure it will turn around eventually for the club just hope it's sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Oh the delicious irony of being attacked for daring to be positive about our club - and for having such a wicked ''agenda'' as supporting CAFC through thick and thin !!!

As for distorting ''facts'', I thought we were dealing in opinions here ? And despite the current poor run, in the overall context of where the club is now, my opinion - and it is only my opinion - is that I am inclined to feel more optimistic than I have done in several years and I'm hugely releived that we are not facing the horrors of administration, which I think would have been inevitable if Slater and Jiminez hadn't arrived.

Sorry if such an ''agenda'' offends those who prefer to gripe and moan about how terrible everything is, but that's the way I feel - and after supporting this club for close to half a century through some genuinely painful times, I'm happy to be able to say it.

Stay positive, y'all.