Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 3 - 1 Rochdale - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Jose who? Best midfield quartet all season. Nice football, plenty of energy and quality. Always probing.

Would like to see all four of them back next season but highly unlikely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]The fact Rochdale have been within a chance of the play offs shows how bad this league is. Whats more we have been one of the poorest teams in it.

Just seen this. What planet are you on?
  • Options
    As earlier posts mentioned, it had the feel of a pre-season game, which was a bit surprising seeing where Rochdale are in the league. I was also at the Rochdale game last month & felt they were a much better team then - today they were no real threat apart from corners.

Good to see that we are finally shooting from around the box and that BWP & Benson aren't the only ones allowed to score.

Realistically I can't see us keeping Parrett & Ecclestone next season but must sign Stewart and keep Racon, Semedo from the ones out of contract. It will be interesting to see who we buy over the next few months...........2 or 3 centre halfs are a must !!
  • Options
    We played some decent football at times and looked more creative without Jose.Saying that, i would want him in my side every game. Perhaps we could turn him into a centre back.
  • Options
    Defence not good enough but we've known that for months.

Going forward we have evidently been trying to pass it more in recent weeks which is alot better.

A good Easter really, we would've beaten Bristol if we hadn't had 2 sent off so 4 points isn't a bad return, need strong performances vs Walsall and Hartlepool to give everyone a boost going into the summer.
  • Options
    3 points and three goals. Gutted i missed today's radio commentary for that insight view
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]3 points and three goals. Gutted i missed today's radio commentary for that insight view

What's your problem tonight then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]3 points and three goals. Gutted i missed today's radio commentary for that insight view

What's your problem tonight then?

Calm down. Just a bit of banter on the normal comments given on a post match thread.
  • Options
    The pitch looked in very good condition. And the new flag on the East Stand was fluttering beautifully in the breeze.
  • Options
    I was really surprised with Rochdale. They passed it around better than the northern cloggers I imagined them to be, but they had no sense of urgency at all; I really expected a battle rather than a stroll in the afternoon sunshine. Oh well, you can only beat the team that's in front of you and we beat them so I'm happy.

Thought we played well, created some good chances and put three away. Eccleston was the man of the match for me, he was a real handful. Good performances also from Parrett, Benson and BWP. Sullivan had a strange game, pulled off some difficult looking saves, but played dropsie with some simpler balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to see the Bellagio fountains at half time too.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed watching our movement off the ball. there ere so many passing options going forward. Given all the changes that have been enforced on the squad I thought we looked remarkably composed. Defensively we still looked shaky and the goal keeper seemed a bit disconnected from the defence but he made some cracking saves.

It was a promising performance.
  • Options
    Played well today but this has done more to annoy me rather than cheer me up. Looked to me like some of the players have only just realised that they could be out of work soon and have finally decided to put in a shift when there's nothing to play for. I'll be interested to see if Powell is swayed by late attempts at convincing him to offer new deals. Like others I'm clinging to the hope that a new era of good football is on it's way but I'm still struggling to come to terms with just how pathetically this season has plummeted into nothingness.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Nice to see the Bellagio fountains at half time too.

Did this take place in the Ladies toilet?
  • Options
    Enjoyed that today. A win, some decent football and a young player making his debut. Not that we ever really looked like we wouldn't win, Rochdale had little going forward. Like Stig said I expected more of a battle from them.

Don't see why we can't get Parrett back on loan next season. He's promising but he's not too good for this league, a longer run at this level would do him good.

Still not really impressed by Bessone. Not poor but I hope we look at other options.

Was a chance to see how we looked without Semedo, not missed at all but then it wasn't type of game we ever needed someone like him in midfield.

Eccleston did well, shown he has a decent cross, and the rest of his game offers something very different to Waggy. He's got a decent number of goals and assists considering how little he's played, shame it's not worked out for him really. Will be interesting to see where he is next season. Was a good cross from Benson for his goal.

With Reid's goal on Saturday that's 3 goals from outside the box (or was Racon's just inside?), makes a change to see us having decent shots in those positions.
  • Options
    God, I thought Francis was excellent. He was defensively sound, even covering left back on one occasion.His forward balls were tidy and inscisive, he joined the attack well.Admittedly, his crossing was a little below par but how can it be a myth when I have seen crossing of the highest orderfrom him in the recent past-Solley is decent but for me, Francis is the better bet- mind you, I call it as I see it and don,t have any agendas.
    Defence wasn't terrible but set pieces were a problem- the whole team are responsible for defending these btw. Thought Rochdale were very well drilled on these and possibly explains how such a poor side could be so high in the league.
    Comfortable win and we are definitely headed in the right direction-Stewart and Parret would be excellent additions for next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Nice to see the Bellagio fountains at half time too.

Did this take place in the Ladies toilet?
    No that was the ping pong competition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]God, I thought Francis was excellent.

Well, I like him too. Also thought Racon was good - just a shame he's not more direct/quicker on occasions; means he's not a natural choice on the left for me.
  • Options
    Thought Racon had a lot more shots than usual. Another positive was that we seemed to keep all of our shots down today. I don't remember too many ballooning over the bar.
  • Options
    well bagpus and muttley sorry you 2 r muppetts, what the feck has Solly done wrong in the past 3 weeks to be dropped for the last 2 games ? Did you see Bristol Rovers first goal on saturday ? Solly comes on today as the junior full back and today plays out of position and plays a solid role.Stewart I like he dos not stop talking to he's team mates either forwards or defenders giving them direction and advice from start to finish although evidently tiring today due to lack of match fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are you trying to say thatFrancis had a bad game. He was our best defender by a good distance whether his knockers like it or not.
  • Options
    If we want a team that is challenging next season we need a completely new back four and goalkeeper. Solly could nail down right back but I wouldn't be sorry to see Francis, Doherty, Fortune Elliot, Worner, Sullivan, Bessone all out the door.
  • Options
    I thought Francis was poor as usual.
  • Options
    Francis and Solley mean we are sorted ar right back- Doc needs a pacy partner- Fortune and Llera can be decent cover, Bessone would make decent cover also. So a pacey, decent centre half and preferablya left back with imilar attributes and we will be more than fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Francis and Solley mean we are sorted ar right back- Doc needs a pacy partner- Fortune and Llera can be decent cover, Bessone would make decent cover also. So a pacey, decent centre half and preferablya left back with imilar attributes and we will be more than fine.

Disagree our defence is appalling and has been all season. Look at our goals conceded. Doc doesn't need a pacy partner he need a Zimmer frame. Out of all our defenders I would only keep Solly, Llera and Dailley. All as cover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I thought Francis was poor as usual.

define "poor"?

I mean, what did he actually do wrong today? Just interested in someone else'sview as I thought he was pretty solid today - not spectacular but solid.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Thought Racon had a lot more shots than usual. Another positive was that we seemed to keep all of our shots down today. I don't remember too many ballooning over the bar.
    He did get in around the box more than usual, perhaps because he had more freedom to by playing on the left.

Or working that bit harder to win a new deal/impress other clubs...
  • Options
    not get tight continously to his oppenent, fall over the ball and slice it off to laughter continously apart from that top draw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I thought Francis was poor as usual.

define "poor"?

I mean, what did he actually do wrong today? Just interested in someone else'sview as I thought he was pretty solid today - not spectacular but solid.

I thought his control of the ball was poor as usual.
    His crosses generally went to their first defender, although I do recall him getting it over him once and it landed in the crowd :-).
    He put a poor back pass to Sullivan in the air at the start of the game, putting Sullivan under unneccessary pressure.
    On a positive note, he didn't cost us a goal today, like he so often does.
  • Options
    he is shite. and i would like to get my point over to SCP constructively maybe in the near fututre.