Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 3 - 1 Rochdale - Post match views

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BeckenhamAddick[/cite]First of all I have to say I missed Monday's game. Missed 2 home games all season this one and P'boro, had to bloody win both of them...

I always thought with Francis he's got the physical attributes to be a decent defender, but his first touch is generally poor and his distribution erratic to say the least. People talk of his crossing ability, and while he can deliver an absolute peach it always seems more luck than judgment, with his delivery equally likely to be scuffed against the first man or ballooned into touch as it is to actually do any damage. He's not lightning quick but he's by no means slow, is tall and decent in the air. He always looks to me like a centre half playing full back. Whenever I've seen him I've always wondered how he'd do at centre back. Probably a disaster but doesn't stop me wondering!

This

I've sometimes wondered how Francis would get on being a right sided midfielder. Can't defend properly, but can get forward and put in a half decent cross
  • Options
    If Simon Francis was a possible centre back or midfielder then I suspect that no doubt one of the many coaches he's played under would have sussed that out by now. He's a bottom half league one or a league two full back. If we want to be challenging next season then we must do better than him.
  • Options
    On the opposition goal, Francis was outjumped by Holness at the far post on the first header and allowed his opponent to win the rebound off the keeper to score with a second header. Poor one-against-one defending at a set play. How can he have been excellent, he was directly responsible for the opposition equaliser?

As with most players at this level, Francis has weaknesses to go with some good points. You cannot fault his effort and willingness to work up and down the right flank, joining in the build-up at every opportunity and getting into positions to deliver a cross. However, IMO he is League 2 standard in his defending and overall quality. Solly is a better all-round player, defending and attacking, and is improving with every game.
  • Options
    Francis has had some good moments this season , ie crosses , but he hasn't created enough of them over the season , for us to be considering a top 2 finish next season , so he either has to improve (Better coaching) or ship him out , and thats the managers call.

I think we have some players who are still going to be around next season at the club , that we would rather had been moved on , hence it may take a couple of seasons to achieve promotion , ( I hate to say it)
  • Options
    Fkin el Uboat. How bored must you be ?
  • Options
    Was this the away game in our promotion season? I was there. One of the best away games that season for me,
  • Options

Was this the away game in our promotion season? I was there. One of the best away games that season for me,

No was a home game toward the end of the season before.
  • Options

That was 3-2 as I recall. 2-0 lead, pegged back to 2-2 and I think a late winner. Good game.
  • Options
    not been on here tonight and thought jesus have I missed something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry. Just being childish.
  • Options
    This was a long old journey
  • Options
    Have Rochdale equalised yet?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Have Rochdale equalised yet?