Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Halix said:

T.C.E said:

It looks as though German Shepherd number four will be winging its way to me. At only 7 months old this handsome lad is already needing rehoming, I'm going to take him despite JJ being at that teenager stage as most rescues don't like to rehome at the silly season. So I need some suggestions as to naming this fella, it must be Charlton themed name. Please forget about the currant squad (JJ) is already here and any management under the currant regime..... I was leaning towards "Kins" Kinsella but is doesn't work to well when calling a dog. image

Surely it has to be Roland!
    That dog has got weird paws.
  • Halix said:

T.C.E said:

It looks as though German Shepherd number four will be winging its way to me. At only 7 months old this handsome lad is already needing rehoming, I'm going to take him despite JJ being at that teenager stage as most rescues don't like to rehome at the silly season. So I need some suggestions as to naming this fella, it must be Charlton themed name. Please forget about the currant squad (JJ) is already here and any management under the currant regime..... I was leaning towards "Kins" Kinsella but is doesn't work to well when calling a dog. image

Noooo. Not fair on such a beautiful dog.

Kashi. Owner-friendly name for a dog, and Kashi will be re-homed soon to.

Roland Bad Boy!!
    Roland do that again and I will rub you nose in it!
    Roland leave that bitch alone!
    Roland thats it were off to the vets and get you done!!

Hours of fun!
  • Newts?

Robbo?

• T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

You two must spend a fortune on food!!

I have a year old Lab that eats £3 a day.

I bet feed my four for less than 3 quid a day. Feckin PAH hate people like me. ;)
    Mind you, I don't suppose you have PAH out there?
    Oops, PAH = Pets at Home. ;)
    I get Orijen imported, costs a bloody fortune!

If you had some tips of home prepped food and it's not too cheeky to ask, perhaps we could exchange some PM's.
    I'm not to clued up on raw diet, but I do know there is a FB page on the subject. But mine eat everything from chicken wings/legs/carcass through to salmon, pork and beef. Just remember no cooked bones just raw bones.........
    The pork would have to be cooked. It's the only raw meat they advice not to give dogs, as it can contain a parasite that can do them a lot of harm. I have mine on a mainly raw diet and they are a picture of health. They tend to have 60% raw meat, 20% veg/fruit, 20% carbs, usually brown rice, potatoes, or pasta, preferable the gluten free stuff (which my daughter has to have anyway so makes it easy for me), no chips!. A splash of salmon oil a day (best bought online). As a treat a raw egg or two a week and a small tin of sardines or pilchards, in the tomato sauce (42p from tescos. Got to be the tomato sauce. Tried to give them the ones in the olive oil and they turned their noses up). They love all of these and really good for their coats.
    Tried giving mine raw bones to chew to keep their teeth clean but the biggun always tries to bury his, usually in a pile of the wife's clean washing (which as you can imagine she weren't too happy about! "Love, why the f*** have I got a half eaten raw turkey thigh in with my clean whites??!!") or our kids duvets so had to stop that. Just make do with the occasional raw hide and paddy whack now.

When I do give them conventional dog food I usually go for Arden Grange. Very good quality but a lot cheaper than the likes of James wellbeloved, wainwrights etc. Never touch the big name brands, pedigree chum, bakers, etc. Pile of shit. Full of additives, colourings, very poor quality and unsuitable carbs, 'animal derivatives' (which can basically be anything! Cancerous lumps, beaks, hoofs etc) and the main reason, I believe, why so many dogs die or have to be put down before their time.
    Just started to wean our four onto a raw diet after was found to be allergic to Fish, white meat and Rice. After spending a £1000 on tests and some useless concoction from the vet, we sent a hair sample to some guy in devon and the very stuff the vet said to feed him was found to be intolerant too. Valli already on raw, remaining dogs being weaned on it in the next 3 or four weeks. "Bakers" people think its good because they advertise it on the telly and PAH sell it........... Its sh*te. ;)
  • Halix said:

T.C.E said:

Never got that handsome fella, but he's doing alright thats the main thing. We have Valli now and I think four will do us. ;)image
  • So good to see Finn's Law getting a debate in Parliament :)
    Kudos to the over 100k who signed the petition
  • Another picture of Wilson
  • edited November 2016
    L -R, Xena, JJ, Valli, Bailey.
    Valli at 6 months old last Friday and weighing in at 26kgs, joined the squad for the team photo amid rumours that she will be sold in January. ;) We have visited a couple of local schools since moving down as well as me being invited tospeak on the local radio station about their work, obviously we had a visit from @man_at_milletts and his lovely family back in the summer, so all in all life is good. image
  • T.C.E said:

Valli at 6 months old last Friday and weighing in at 26kgs, joined the squad for the team photo amid rumours that she will be sold in January. ;) We have visited a couple of local schools since moving down as well as me being invited tospeak on the local radio station about their work, obviously we had a visit from @man_at_milletts and his lovely family back in the summer, so all in all life is good. image

Looks like the perfect back four to me Ray.

Can you start working on some Terriers for midfield and a couple of Great Danes for up front :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

They are all looking good Ray. Valli is so different now.

Out of interest how many managers have they had, just the one?
  • The big fella goes in for surgery tomorrow to remove a lump that's slowly edging toward his spine. The lump has biopsed and is benign but now the proximity to his spine and the fact it's almost doubled in size over the last week means it's got to goimage
  • Fingers crossed T.C.E
  • That is one very handsome fella
  • Bailey is out of surgery and awake :):):)image
  • Just seen this Ray.

Give him our best and hope he makes a speedy recovery.
  • Really glad all is well with the big fella Ray.
  • T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

You two must spend a fortune on food!!

I have a year old Lab that eats £3 a day.

I bet feed my four for less than 3 quid a day. Feckin PAH hate people like me. ;)
    Mind you, I don't suppose you have PAH out there?
    Oops, PAH = Pets at Home. ;)
    I get Orijen imported, costs a bloody fortune!

If you had some tips of home prepped food and it's not too cheeky to ask, perhaps we could exchange some PM's.
    I'm not to clued up on raw diet, but I do know there is a FB page on the subject. But mine eat everything from chicken wings/legs/carcass through to salmon, pork and beef. Just remember no cooked bones just raw bones.........
    The pork would have to be cooked. It's the only raw meat they advice not to give dogs, as it can contain a parasite that can do them a lot of harm. I have mine on a mainly raw diet and they are a picture of health. They tend to have 60% raw meat, 20% veg/fruit, 20% carbs, usually brown rice, potatoes, or pasta, preferable the gluten free stuff (which my daughter has to have anyway so makes it easy for me), no chips!. A splash of salmon oil a day (best bought online). As a treat a raw egg or two a week and a small tin of sardines or pilchards, in the tomato sauce (42p from tescos. Got to be the tomato sauce. Tried to give them the ones in the olive oil and they turned their noses up). They love all of these and really good for their coats.
    Tried giving mine raw bones to chew to keep their teeth clean but the biggun always tries to bury his, usually in a pile of the wife's clean washing (which as you can imagine she weren't too happy about! "Love, why the f*** have I got a half eaten raw turkey thigh in with my clean whites??!!") or our kids duvets so had to stop that. Just make do with the occasional raw hide and paddy whack now.

When I do give them conventional dog food I usually go for Arden Grange. Very good quality but a lot cheaper than the likes of James wellbeloved, wainwrights etc. Never touch the big name brands, pedigree chum, bakers, etc. Pile of shit. Full of additives, colourings, very poor quality and unsuitable carbs, 'animal derivatives' (which can basically be anything! Cancerous lumps, beaks, hoofs etc) and the main reason, I believe, why so many dogs die or have to be put down before their time.
    Just started to wean our four onto a raw diet after was found to be allergic to Fish, white meat and Rice. After spending a £1000 on tests and some useless concoction from the vet, we sent a hair sample to some guy in devon and the very stuff the vet said to feed him was found to be intolerant too. Valli already on raw, remaining dogs being weaned on it in the next 3 or four weeks. "Bakers" people think its good because they advertise it on the telly and PAH sell it........... Its sh*te. ;)
    100% mate. Bakers is the worse.

• Bakers makes one of my dogs sick every time he is fed it (by the ex).

I'm currently using the Forthglade grain free mixed with older dogs chibble. Seems to be working a lot better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bakers makes one of my dogs sick every time he is fed it (by the ex).

I'm currently using the Forthglade grain free mixed with older dogs chibble. Seems to be working a lot better.

Fourth glade is rawfood in packets, we used a plain terrier biscuit for a bit of crunch with it when we fed it to Bailey after his allergy diagnosis it's good stuff. All of our dogs are now raw fed with bones, offal and veg added as and when. As for that other crap, people believe because it's on the telly it must be good stuff. As I tell my owners, pick up a bag of Burns and a bag of bakers and compare the ingredients as soon as I get a dog brought to me that's hyperactive I ask what they are feeding and you can bet it cheaper complete foods.....
  • Watching Valli turn from a pretty but awkward puppy into an 8 month stunning girlimageimage
  • edited January 2017
    Took this one of my Humphrey over Christmas and absolutely love it. He hates having his photo normally an all

• Took this one of my Humphrey over Christmas and absolutely love it. He hates having his photo normally an all

His name suits him, sitting very proud. Is he a Springer?
  • T.C.E said:

Took this one of my Humphrey over Christmas and absolutely love it. He hates having his photo normally an all

Yeah, I was gonna call him Otis, but Humphrey is his part of his KC name and you're right it does suit him.

Yeah, working Springer mate
  • T.C.E said:

Yeah, I was gonna call him Otis, but Humphrey is his part of his KC name and you're right it does suit him.

I had one come back to me for lead training, feck me what a lively dog. Soon shaped him up and showed him the error of his ways. Gave him back to his owner and he was taking the pi55 again in seconds. :(
  • T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

I had one come back to me for lead training, feck me what a lively dog. Soon shaped him up and showed him the error of his ways. Gave him back to his owner and he was taking the pi55 again in seconds. :(
    I've never known a Springer not to pull on the lead. They're very lively, Humphrey turned 8 at Christmas and he's still made as a box of frogs. lol Good worker mind
  • Young Amy daughter of @sadiejane1981 handling Valli at my training class this morning, absolutely fantastic to see such a young dog being handled with such confidence. Incidentally, they met for the first time seconds before these photos were taken. :)imageimageimage
  • T.C.E said:

Young Amy daughter of @sadiejane1981 handling Valli at my training class this morning, absolutely fantastic to see such a young dog being handled with such confidence. Incidentally, they met for the first time seconds before these photos were taken. :)imageimageimage

It made her whole week too. She hasn't stopped talking about how much she loves Valli. Also Aimee not that long ago used to scream whenever a big dog came near her so a great achievement for both girls, your dogs are a credit to you Ray they are wonderful.
  • Rays puppy nose to nose with mine :smiley: