Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Disturbing in so many ways
  • Well that's unfortunate....

• edited February 2017
    Best picture of a dog avoiding a bath whilst recreating an Italian Job style ending?
  • I'd like to be her first customer, Ray. I need some after watching that display this afternoon.
  • Pickin up a new member of the family tomorrow.
  • edited March 2017
    Recently found a lump of my dog back leg on his 1/4s, after getting his hair cut, about the size of a matchbox. He's a cocker spaniel and 9 1/2yrs old. Took him to the vets and carried out a test, nothing confirm and recommended to remove it. He's having it removed today, the vet phoned to said they found another lump on the inside of his other leg, I've not noticed this. I've told them to remove it as he was already under.
    Whatever it is, the lumps have not bothered him, he is always willing to go out for a 5 - 6 mile walk, and he isn't an old dog.

Just a case of waiting for the test results to see what it is, god, I feel shit.
  • Recently found a lump of my dog back leg on his 1/4s, after getting his hair cut, about the size of a matchbox. He's a cocker spaniel and 9 1/2yrs old. Took him to the vets and carried out a test, nothing confirm and recommended to remove it. He's having it removed today, the vet phoned to said they found another lump on the inside of his other leg, I've not noticed this. I've told them to remove it as he was already under.
    Whatever it is, the lumps have not bothered him, he is always willing to go out for a 5 - 6 mile walk, and he isn't an old dog.

Just a case of waiting for the test results to see what it is, god, I feel shit.

Oh mate, I feel your pain. Bailey had a lump removed before Christmas, like yours the lump was proved benign after a biopsy. We left it and added Turmeric to his diet (read up on it) and although it started to decrease in size it started to move toward his spine which would have increased the potential problems should it have to be removed at a later date. It won't stop you worrying but I'm sure he'll be fine..........
  • New member of the family, Harry. Goot littld ratter....

imageimageimage

Seeing your puppy reminded my of Valli (6kgs) chasing JJ (46kg) last year. She blew his mind and still does..... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Recently found a lump of my dog back leg on his 1/4s, after getting his hair cut, about the size of a matchbox. He's a cocker spaniel and 9 1/2yrs old. Took him to the vets and carried out a test, nothing confirm and recommended to remove it. He's having it removed today, the vet phoned to said they found another lump on the inside of his other leg, I've not noticed this. I've told them to remove it as he was already under.

Fingers crossed for best outcome.
  • edited March 2017
    Our JJ again

Mate - my Scooby is my life - English Springer - he is 13 in 2017 - got a few 'fatty lumps' on him now - can only manage an hour walk now (when he was younger it would be 5 hours and I still couldn't wear him out !!!) - but he is still fit and well and happy - if sleeping were an Olympic sport he would be world champion - all part of being an older dog - I reckon he has a few more years left in him yet

Plus he had the ligaments in both back legs taken out when he was 2 and 3 - spaniels are tough old nuts

• He's home, good news, fatty lumps, nothing sinister. Feeling sorry for himself, give it a couple of days and he'll be his bouncy self.

Great news @guinnessaddick , seeing your boy in the collar. Get yourself one of these, more comfortable for the dog, safer on the shins and saves the damage around the house and reusable. ;)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrive-BCC3-Comfy-Collar-Medium/dp/B00GROXCPS/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1489514656&sr=1-2&keywords=inflatable+collar
  • He's home, good news, fatty lumps, nothing sinister. Feeling sorry for himself, give it a couple of days and he'll be his bouncy self.

He's home, good news, fatty lumps, nothing sinister. Feeling sorry for himself, give it a couple of days and he'll be his bouncy self.

He's home, good news, fatty lumps, nothing sinister. Feeling sorry for himself, give it a couple of days and he'll be his bouncy self.

Scoob had 4 of those - even the biggest available he somehow managed to get to his stitches !!! Killer on your shins as well those cones !!!
  • Diego looking smug as F***
  • With a newly qualified Valli now working alongside Bailey with children we were approached by a teacher at a local school we had visited last year asking if we would possibly entertain using our dogs as "Reading Dogs" for children that have difficulties around the spoken word. Not being familiar around reading dogs and what they do I had to look it up. I've agreed in principle and subject to local authorities agreeing with a few bits and pieces it should be in place by the summer break. In return for this the school have offered me the sole use of 4 acres of grassland fully enclosed with 8' fencing for exercising my dogs, so whats not to like. imageimage
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely a note of recognition and confusion as to who that man is that reminds him of his owner!
  • Just back from the beach, its so much kinder on Bailey claws. :)image
  • Down the Malt Shovel, Dartford with my Scooby - Kronenbourg for me, pork scratchings and water for Scoob
  • edited May 2017
    For those that are interested..........My newly qualified puppy Valli along with Bailey are now agreed in principle employees of a local primary school. We also have agreed a couple of sponsorship deals one with a local radio station and another with a raw food supplier for our dogs. We are just waiting on my Police checks to be returned and we'll be starting work hopefully in the next term. image
  • Idle jr has just brought this little chap back from work. Idle jr is a trainee vet nurse and this was one of his patients, in with a broken leg after being jumped on by a Dalmatian.
    I think he'll be staying, as his former keeper was a homeless man who lives in the woods above Henley.
    Little fellow seems very friendly and good natured. Cat is unimpressed.
  • Anyone having skin issues with their dogs, drop me a message. We have a guy in Devon that will allergy test your dogs for £15, the guy is the dogs nuts. Just diagnosed JJ with Wheat, chicken, rice allergy after the vet reported an allergic reaction to a flea bite!!image