Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    Can't beat a jack Russell IMO
  • Options
    I get lots of requests, not necessarily from Charlton fans but saying I would love to introduce my dog to your Therapy dog. They seem so gentle and good natured I’m sure Fifi-Trixiebelle would love it. I strap this video to my reply and say sadly my insurance company won’t allow it, they work hard they play hard.
    The reply is normally along the lines of, “bloody hell” ……😂
    But as you see in the video, there’s not actually any contact it’s all teeth and noise only Millie gets to see them at play, other children would be scared. 

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Can't beat a jack Russell IMO
    I always remember my first Dog Show, I was told “just remember you get to take the best dog home” whether it’s a pedigree whatever or a Heinz 57 it’s your dog and nothing is any better to it’s owner. 👍
  • Options
    Dog found in middle of the motorway a decade ago, cat found as a kitten in a hedge 12 years ago. They still hate each other.
  • Options
    Always good (and interesting) to read an update on the work your dogs do with you, @T_C_E
  • Options

Magnus sporting his summer cut.
    And some mad eyes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can he bark in German?
    Most of us speak German to our dogs, so they do understand commands in that language. 
    If use German to mine, it’s time to make yourself scarce. 😉
    And no, I’ve never had to use it. 

• Options
    WOW ! Thanks for those lovely pics & the heads up for when we watch the film. 

What a great CV this handsome boy has ! 

( Err, not you, RM...) 
  • Options
    Can he bark in German?
    Yes all our dogs understand German commands, as @TCE says  many are trained in that language as well as English, but its rarely used unless we need to! 
  • Options
    Give me some space guys ffs 😂

• Options
    Should legislation be toughened to help prevent people being hurt or killed by dog attacks?  And, if so, what should the legislation be?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Should legislation be toughened to help prevent people being hurt or killed by dog attacks?  And, if so, what should the legislation be?
    Pit bulls have been banned for absolutely years. 
    Yet drive through any part of South London and you will see plenty. 
    It's one thing having laws,  but enforcing them is something else. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Side-by-side maybe, but in isolation not sure I could tell the difference between a Staffy and a pitbull.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    That's why I think laws banning certain dogs don't work.

But I also don't know what laws would work, other than making anyone who wants to keep a dog undergo training and qualification and be licensed by the police. But that's impractical and expensive. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Chizz said:
    Side-by-side maybe, but in isolation not sure I could tell the difference between a Staffy and a pitbull.
    I've had 3 Staff's down the years .
    A pit bull is roughly twice the size. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Chizz said:
    I've had 3 Staff's down the years .
    A pit bull is roughly twice the size. 
    On lbc this morning they were talking about the XL dogs being 17stone ffs thats a bear isnt it.

Also the legislation issue it was stated they mix about with other dogs to avoid some of this legislation.

I know what i would do with some of the owners of these dangerous dogs but we wont go there.
  • Options
    No matter the legislation put in place, those that way inclined will break those laws, dog licenses couldnt be policed so they done away with them.
    Microchipping the biggest waste of time and money ever, everyone could see the work around before those making the laws had signed the paperwork. 
    Illegal not have chipped dog, but not illegal to have unregistered microchip 🤷‍♂️
    Ban all advertising of animals for sale in the media would be a start but who police’s it I’ve no idea. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    No matter the legislation put in place, those that way inclined will break those laws, dog licenses couldnt be policed so they done away with them.
    Microchipping the biggest waste of time and money ever, everyone could see the work around before those making the laws had signed the paperwork. 
    Illegal not have chipped dog, but not illegal to have unregistered microchip 🤷‍♂️
    Ban all advertising of animals for sale in the media would be a start but who police’s it I’ve no idea. 
    What else would you do to prevent the thousands of people who have been hospitalised by dangerous dogs? Your view is probably worth ten times anyone else's on here! 
  • Options
    I don’t know what the answer is @Chizz
    You really can’t educate the stupid or the greedy, this week I walked away from a school because despite me agreeing to do the Reading dog they got themselves a puppy. 
    The puppy won’t attend while my dog was in school was the assurances given to me, he can attend whenever you decide because my dog won’t attend was my response. 
    I won’t put my dogs in that position, that’s the end of the story! 
    Registration of microchip £30 per dog compulsory  (with photographic ID and address confirmation of owner) and neutering/spaying at 2 years old unless you are registered breeder with the KC. 
    There are smarter people out there with ideas, one thing I’m sure of even banned breeds aren’t born bad those that decide to own one because they are banned are the issue. 
    As with most things in life, the victims of said “bad dogs” are rarely those responsible for the dog and are often children who are put in often positions of potential danger just for a “cute” photo. **** off it’s not cute it’s dangerous!
    I’ve seen one today on Twitter a child stepping on a small breeds back to get something from a fridge, so when that child is a little fat fucker and can’t reach the bigger cupboards guess what happens.
    It makes me very angry and everyone is very sorry after it happens, but ignoring the signs and a dog will give plenty of them before biting is the responsibility of the owner/handler.
    The other day I found a small knot in JJ’s coat tucked high up in his groin, the only way to remove it was to gently pull it away so I didn’t catch him with the scissors, first he looked away, secondly he tried to move away, third he growled, there wasn’t a fourth warning because I’m a lot of things but stupid isnt one of them, so we settled for a cuddle. 

• Options
    Seventeen stone?
    Surely not.
  • Options
    Can someone answer the question the wife just asked. If you have an XL bully and they put them on the dangerous dogs list then it's not the case if you already own one now that they'll be confiscated is it? 

I thought I remembered that when the ban came in on pit bulls that if you already owned one then it would have to registered etc and then any not registered by a certain date could be taken away.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Can someone answer the question the wife just asked. If you have an XL bully and they put them on the dangerous dogs list then it's not the case if you already own one now that they'll be confiscated is it? 

I thought I remembered that when the ban came in on pit bulls that if you already owned one then it would have to registered etc and then any not registered by a certain date could be taken away.
    From memory I believe you are correct, although I believe muzzled in public places was also a condition?
     I stand to be corrected though……..
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    buckshee said:

From memory I believe you are correct, although I believe muzzled in public places was also a condition?
     I stand to be corrected though……..
    That’s right I think, muzzles was the other thing.