Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    How did Milly get on?
    And how did the dog react? 🙏🏻♥️
  • Options
    Millie was brilliant, she sat to Bow's left as he always lays head to the right something she pointed out to her teacher. 
    Halfway through he picked up her scent and as he looked for her his view was blocked by another teacher, pretty similar to when we are in the corridor he knew she was there but couldn't see her.
    She said hello at the end as did all the children and watched as she left the hall and disappeared to class, to which he had a gentle whine.
    Fortunately the "Dont leave me" barking he does when she's visiting us didn't happen, that would terrify young children that cant interpret barking tones. 
    So extra pocket money for Millie on Monday and a pigs head for Bow. ;)
    Couldnt be more proud of our Lockdown puppy x
  • Options
    Oh Ray!
    I’m grinning like a Cheshire Cat reading that.
    You’re blooming marvellous 🤩 
  • Options
    Our beautiful boy JJ passed away peacefully at 4.30, his weight was down almost 10kg to 43kg. While not prepared to put him through any investigation involving surgery or prolong any prospect of a more comfortable life with no guarantee of success we made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye. Our much misunderstood boy is now in a happier place, sleep well JJ with Bailey and Xena xx ❤️💔

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Our beautiful boy JJ passed away peacefully at 4.30, his weight was down almost 10kg to 43kg. While not prepared to put him through any investigation involving surgery or prolong any prospect of a more comfortable life with no guarantee of success we made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye. Our much misunderstood boy is now in a happier place, sleep well JJ with Bailey and Xena xx ❤️💔

Ray I'm so so sorry mate x fly over the bridge JJ  Bailey will be there waiting for you xx RIP JJ xx
  • Options
    @T_C_E sorry for your loss, Magnus sends his love.
  • Options
    Awww Ray & Mrs Ray, I'm so very sorry. Your hearts must be broken.
    JJ was a beautiful boy and you both gave him the best life.
    Sending love to you at this very sad time ❤️
  • Options
    RIP JJ. As mentioned, when you take a step back, all we can do is give them the best lives we can, which you have done and he will have known it, and in turn they give back so much more.
  • Options
    Oh, that is such distressing news, Ray.

Bless his little heart. So much love passes between us and our pets but JJ was more than that. 

Losing any integral part of a family will always be devastating but he trusted you to do what was best for him. 

Thinking of you & Lynne tonight as you come to terms with your loss.

Sleep tight, sweet JJ. You'll never be forgotten x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Beautiful JJ <3
  • Options
    So sad to hear this Ray - thoughts with you and your family 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Thanks everyone I’d been coming to terms with this for a few months now. With significant changes in his moods and behaviour being the early signs, then came the loss of condition and as his coat faded weight loss also became apparent (10kg in 5weeks) At almost 10 years old he was a senior in Shep terms and putting him through surgery was out as was prolonging the inevitable with no chance of solving the issue which I’d suggest was cancer. JJ was an enigma and probably taught me more about dogs than any of my Therapy dogs, but I spent so much time alone with him he became my Therapy dog. He will never be forgotten as will any of our dogs, our JJ 

A man's best friend <3
  • Options

Our little bundle of fun recently experienced a beach for the first time, and absolutely loves it.
    She was a bit scared of the water to begin with though :D
  • Options
    Sorry and sad to hear of JJ's passing, T_C_E.
    The words and photos you place on here demonstrate that you have a very special relationship with you GSDs. You enable them to live their best lives, which is something very special.
    I hope that you and Mrs T_C_E are proud of what you have achieved and the lives you and your dogs have helped and changed for the better.
    My thoughts are with you all.
    RiP JJ.
  • Options
    edited January 26
    T_C_E said:

So sorry to hear this Ray. I’m afraid I had to take the horrible decision today to say goodbye to our lovely Nima. Aggressive cancer. We could have taken on palliative care for a few weeks until she had a multi-organ crash. Not a chance in hell. Good night my lovely girl. So many memories. 
  • Options
    So sorry to read this, on a day where Mr and Mrs @Redmidland said goodbye to their sweet girl BB to cancer and the day after we brought JJ home for the final time who almost certainly was lost to cancer. 
    Palliative care not a quality of life our dogs deserve, the hardest decision and the correct one is to let them go with dignity.
    Run free to the bridge.
    JJ, BB and Nima x
  • Options
    Oh, that's such sad news, Jim ! Bless her heart. 

Thinking of you both tonight and of Mr & Mrs RM. 

Sleep tight sweet girls. x
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

So sorry to hear this Ray. I’m afraid I had to take the horrible decision today to say goodbye to our lovely Nima. Aggressive cancer. We could have taken on palliative care for a few weeks until she had a multi-organ crash. Not a chance in hell. Good night my lovely girl. So many memories. 
    Oh Jim - my thoughts are with you all - I remember when I came over to see you, she was so friendly, and also VERY interested in the biscuits we had !!!

Always remember - you gave her a fab life - and she was VERY happy - she landed on all 4 paws when she found her Mummy and Daddy 

In Doggy heaven, unlimited treats and grub, go for a walk whenever you want

Run for the bridge Nima 💔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    So sorry to read this, on a day where Mr and Mrs @Redmidland said goodbye to their sweet girl BB to cancer and the day after we brought JJ home for the final time who almost certainly was lost to cancer. 
    Palliative care not a quality of life our dogs deserve, the hardest decision and the correct one is to let them go with dignity.
    Run free to the bridge.
    JJ, BB and Nima x
    Oh no - not a good day for us dog lovers - @redmidland - of course my thoughts with your family as well 

Run to that bridge, and run free 💔
  • Options
    Myself and Mrs RM are heartbroken 💔. She only went to the vets on Wednesday, where the vet said she more than likely has cancer, but nothing was imminent and we 'walked' her home. We knew we would lose her this year, but over the last 48 hrs she just went rapidly downhill at an astonishing rate. We had to set her free this morning and let her go with dignity, the same dignity she showed all her life. BB was an all round GSD, and took part in every discipline from agility to scentwork, manwork and showing to name just a few. We miss her terribly as do our remaining pack. BB will never be forgotten, ever, and she'll be home with us in a couple of weeks, where she will join, Gyp, Chaz, Sam, Kass, Cinna and Jed. Run free BB and thank you for everything you gave us in your 10yrs on earth xxx 

• Options
    God bless all run free with my bonnie
  • Options
    RIP Nima and BB <3
  • Options
    I have only just caught up with your post, Ray. I am so sorry for your loss, and for those who posted subsequently.
  • Options
    Our lad Skip, got his second Scentwork rosette today with six finds and no false alerts.  I need to move him on now to bigger things so if anybody has any spare cash or drugs laying around I will teach him to find them.
    That's excellent!! My Mrs teaches Scentwork to all types of breeds and 6 finds both no false's is very good. Well done!