Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groves vs DeGale

Comments

• Options
    Would love to see degale get knocked the fuck out proper flash c***. especially if he's now gonna pay for the pleasure.
  • Options
    oh, really they had a row at the Press Conference.  What next?

Next you'll be telling me the X Factor isn't scripted either
  • Options
    well it seems to have caught your imagination you aint stopped taliking about it
  • Options
    well it seems to have caught your imagination you aint stopped taliking about it
    it has caught my attention as it's being hyped on SSN every minute, certainly hasn't touched my imagination or created any interest.

just don't get how people think it's not all scripted and done for the cameras.    
  • Options
    lol they boxed each other as kids boxed both for dale abc at one time,they will im sure after have a hug but i think there is some real menance to this set two.
  • Options
    A lot of the build ups for fights are all for the cameras and designed to generate bigger PPV figures. That can't be argued. There are a few, however rare, genuine grudge matches.
    The Degale v Groves fight is very personal and a lot of what you see from Degale is how he is on an everyday basis and isn't scripted for the cameras.

• Options
    bellew fails weight,my source was bang on
  • Options

Apparently Bellew turned up a STONE overweight!!

The Board of Control have no control.....

• Options
    This has nothing really to do with this thread but it's wrecking my head, is there a British boxer out there who also plays football. Think it was with Millwall, or else he has a cousin who plays with Millwall?
  • Options
    What a mug bellew is to say yes turn up give it all the gob and all the time knowing full well he was well over 13 stone! bet warren is furious with him, isn't he warren's fighter as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2011

@ Siblers

Curtis Woodhouse used to do both but dont think he is pro footballer now

And Leon McKenzies dad and uncle (Duke) were boxers.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    This has nothing really to do with this thread but it's wrecking my head, is there a British boxer out there who also plays football. Think it was with Millwall, or else he has a cousin who plays with Millwall?
    Curtis Woodhouse. Ex Birmingham and Sheffield United
  • Options
    Nice one lads, cheers.
  • Options
    @nolly

You were spot on, any idea who Cleverly will fight now?
  • Options
    @nolly You were spot on, any idea who Cleverly will fight now?
    Alexsy Kuziemski
  • Options
    I was shocked to hear that two boxers with an upcoming bout and tickets to sell dislike each other.

I'm sure it's not just spin as I've never heard of this before.

Oh, hang on a minute yes I have.   In fact just about every TV fight. 

What's nice is that after the fight they make up and say how much they respect each other so that's OK
    Think the Cleverley v Bellew weigh in 'banter'was a load of old bollox. Degale v Groves on the other hand...
  • Options
    Oh yeah and Charlton legend Lee Cook is DeGales cousin.
  • Options
    my brother boxed duke mckenzie,and my dad had to save him from drowning in a swimming pool in holland when the other boxers threw him in for a joke
  • Options

Any of you on here actually box? My two boys have been with Samuel Montagu since Christmas and love the sport.

• Options
    good little club who is the trainer there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did a fair bit but haven't for a few years. Got quite lucky, shared a ring with, Anthony Small, Frankie Gavin and had Nigel Benn playing drums on my head for 3 mins. Trained with Tony Jefferies and James Degale when they came down with the England squad for training. Right place right time.
  • Options

Groves seems to have taken the whole fight a little bit more seriously than Degale, I think its more in order of he knows that De Gale should knock ten bells out of him,

Cant see any other winner though than Degale shame because i would love to see that smug bstd put on his arse, he was a mad QPR fan on Soccer Am and yet on Ringside he is a gooner should knock him out just for that

• Options
    who did you box for drawnablank
  • Options
    ha ha i noticed the nla
  • Options
    @nolly

Had a few White Collar fights with my old company and tried to give the amateurs a go with Fitzroy Lodge. Was training with Spencer Fearon at the time who suggested I went down there and I was lucky enough to train and spar with some good fighters.
  • Options
    good stuff it all counts,eddie lam my old sparring partner was training down the lodge chinese lad.
  • Options
    Dont know anything about Degale but I took an instant dislike to him when I read in the paper yesterday that he's been using the atmospheric chamber at Spurs Lodge in preparation for his fight, only to say "oh if only they knew I was a Gooner".  Well we know now.  Hope he gets stuffed.
  • Options
    Degale was banging on about being a QPR fan on the telly last week.
  • Options
    good little club who is the trainer there
    Guy named Vic, whose young son boxes and a great old guy named Ian. Good combo.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I did a fair bit but haven't for a few years. Got quite lucky, shared a ring with, Anthony Small, Frankie Gavin and had Nigel Benn playing drums on my head for 3 mins. Trained with Tony Jefferies and James Degale when they came down with the England squad for training. Right place right time.
    I like Jefferies, not sure about Anthony Small!