Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groves vs DeGale

Comments

• Options
    Cheers much better.
  • Options
    is the ginger fella winning?
  • Options
    I'd say
  • Options
    I have Degale 1 up and think he's getting momentum after a great start from Groves
  • Options
    I reckon Ginge is gonna knock degaul out!
  • Options
    yes

• Options
    FCUKIN GET IN!!!
  • Options
    I thought he deserved that

well done son!
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Re-match no doubt.

Pissed myself when Defail started celebrating.

I had it as a draw.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha, what's he gonna say now? The look on his face on the decision!
  • Options
    Loved DeGale jumping when he said 'still undefeated', so glad george got it but if it went a point either way you couldnt argue.
  • Options
    I had it as a draw perhaps Degale by 1 point but really wanted Groves to win and thought he fought a blinder.

Like Clem, loved the celebration. He can add thick to his list of "qualities".
  • Options
    Great result should knock that smug bstd off his perch, what was that about at the end Where the degale mgr told him he had won after receiving a text in the ring,
  • Options
    Great stuff. Glad he did it.  Degale didnt have the goods to back up his mouth.
  • Options
    Adam Booth "tell James we'll let him off the bet"

quality!
  • Options
    Groves shocked everyone with his discipline. Degale didn't know what to do. Hats of to Groves, stuck to the game plan and the tactics from Adam Booth were spot on.

Wasn't a great fight and could of gone either way. Hopefully James can learn a lesson in humility. Doubt it though.
  • Options
    Just noticed in the replay Adam Booth giving the DeGale corner the wanker sign when georges name was announced. Still not as funny as degale jumping in the air when he thought he won.
  • Options
    DeGale complains "it's all f****** bulls**t" on BBC 5Live before storming off.
  • Options
    What a fight. Heavily tipped Degale on here but never knew Groves would come out and fight as disciplined as that. Especially after watching him lose his head and almost get knocked out against Anderson. What a trainer Booth is. In the corner with clear, concise directions. We sat here listening, pre-fight, to Groves and Haye (in his stable) and their eyes said neither of them thought they had much of a chance. Booth set him out to break down Degale's confidence, and after a few rounds Groves grew and Degale was being chipped away.

I had it as Degale by a point but after Groves performance he deserved it and we were all on our feet when he won.

Loved Frank Warren looking beyond peeved as well. He just lost a big payday on Degale's next fight.

Absolutely quality fight and worth paying £15 for. Got a feeling this might be the first in a long line of grudge fights in that division, hopefully similar to Benn v Eubank.

(In other news, the Cleverley stoppage against the Pole was a joke.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to say I scored that as a draw. Actually pretty poor for most of the early rounds, but Groves shaded them. Thought DeGale was going to take him out later on, but Groves has a big heart and the fight came alive towards the end. Glad DeGale lost - the bloke is an absolute f***ing mug of the highest order.
  • Options
    Degale should've been deducted atleast 1 point for the shoulder or the fore ARM, crass and insulting for warren to say groves didn't win degale lost it, if I was groves I wouldn't fight defrail again, no need too beat him twice already .

Brilliant result groves cheered on all night degale booed all night , warren will struggle to sell his fights pretends he ain't bothered but u can see that he was at the end
  • Options
    Glad the prick lost
  • Options
    There was a programme on Sky previewing the fight and even as a young boy Degale was an obnoxious little shite. Even his family threatened to kick him out.....he wont sellntickets on his own against unknown fighters, only when there is a 'grudge' involved. Shame as he has the tools to have a career in Boxing.
  • Options
    warren will do things with him still,great division at moment so neither should be making any world title moves at present
  • Options
    DeGale demanding a rematch.
    Beaten fair and square in a fight that didn't quite live up to the hype.Groves well within his rights to tell the jumped up little pr**k to 'DO ONE '
  • Options

Big mistake if Groves takes it.  Although I can see Warren making it mega money as he'd get the public to lap it up.

If I were Groves i would get more satisfaction leaving De Gale to see the record books say he's done him twice and be all bitter and twisted about it being wrong decisions than having rematch even if I did make it a hatrick.

Dont think Groves has anything  to prove with DeGale and should focus on progressing his career rather than turning it into a side show.

• Options

Heard a rumour that DeGale has sacked McDonnell, could be bullshit.

• Options

Heard a rumour that DeGale has sacked McDonnell, could be bullshit.

You can only hope so. He is one of the most annoying people in boxing.
  • Options

Surely not Jimmy seen it and done it Mcdonnell? 

Haha had to be someone other than DeGales fault