Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring back Jason Euell?

edited May 2011 in General Charlton
I havent heard any rumours or anything about euell coming back but I think Charlton should at least make an enquiry for him. He might not fancy himself as a league 1 player but with the possibility of working with Chris Powell again and returning to a club where he would be welcomed back and had hes best years, I can see it happen. He is out of contract in the summer aswell which I have just found out.

I think he would be an excellent signing get on it Powell !

Any thoughts? 

Comments

• Options
    finished the season on loan at Barnsley and scored a couple of goals so could see him in the Championship but if not and he could do a job for us then why not.
  • Options
    not that inspiring personally,got to move on
  • Options

Scored a couple for Donny on loan this season, likely to be released from Blackpool aswell and may fancy a move back south. Would consider having him back, experienced and can play upfront or in midfield.

Not sure if we could afford his wages though.

• Options

JE is an honest pro unlike Faye/Traore/Bent etc. He may not have been the most skillfull and he second touch was a tackle, but he always put 100% in.

Even all these years later im sure he could do a job at the pony level we are now at.Although i do agree we woulodnt be able to afford him.

• Options
    Who Knows about our money situation since the takeover we are quite discreet about it. Not that this makes a difference to a possible transfer but I notice that Euell has a few chats with BWP on twitter. I think playing at Southampton is the link there.
  • Options
    Groan........ yet another former player

I liked him but surely he's getting on a bit now would prefer players in mid 20s reaching their peak rather than players at the end of their careers
  • Options
    He also always mentions good luck to Charlton on Twitter.... hasn't forgotten us, and why would he?
  • Options
    Would rather see a younger player who is on the up and is here for the long term. Just have to make sure we find the right ones, not Pardew-like signings of our first Championship season.
  • Options
    a lot of time to be fair to Jason, his second touch was a goal. Remember that wonderful finish against Chelsea in the last minute. Top player
  • Options
    If we got Euell back can only see it as a good thing.

1. Lots of experience and experience to be shared with younger players
    2. Affection for us, desire to get the club back to where it was
    3. Morale boost reminder of the good times
    4. Good player still puts them away and scores goals,
    5. Good attacking link between midfield and attack, can also defend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

YES!

We need to build a new team consisting of non-league gems and experienced hard working hearty players.

• Options
    No.  Not because he didn't do well for us before - but that time has gone.  Need some new (younger) players.  Wouldn't bring any of the ex-players back (may make exceptions for Darren Bent and Scotty Parker!).  Otherwise we need a different type of player that can be instilled with CPs 'way'.
  • Options
    Not so sure this would be a good move.
  • Options
    No. Doesn't matter how good or bad they were, no ex-CAFC players to return thanks very much. New owners, new manager, new start, looking backwards is not the answer. Time for a clean break.
  • Options
    Another No thank you.
  • Options
    No. Doesn't matter how good or bad they were, no ex-CAFC players to return thanks very much. 
    Shame as I heard Benty was hoping to return. Oh well.
  • Options
    Before the next season starts will there be a single ex-Charlton player (still playing), that someone on here will not suggest we have back?

Sod Euell - let's get Chris Dickson back. The new Ian Wright, I seem to recall.
  • Options
    Must admit I am unsure about Jason, but no ex CAFC players newbie....... Bet Chris Powell is glad that his playing days are over...... 
    If Turner,Parker and Bowyer, Young,Benty want to return ....... I will personally collect them from the station, but sorry not Marcus, oh No!.......
  • Options
    Lets stop looking back and build for the future, Euells time at the valley has been and gone. We need to be signing players that are not just seeing their careers out but want to achieve success at our club and are in it for the long haul.
  • Options

Parker's departure to Chelsea seems the obvious point the decline began, albeit slowly at that point. The last season Darren Bent played for us, we were relegated (not his fault of course.) Both of them are signs of how far we've fallen. None of that baggage ta, forget history lets look to the future.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't have a problem with Euell coming back. He was part of our success not our failure. Certainly still good enough for us.
  • Options
    I genuinely think some people are not gonna like a single player we sign.
  • Options
    I see the point that its more healthy to move on without older players returning but we have Kishishev and Euell out of contact and they are both good players at this level. If we were going to try and sign either of them, because of their age it would be on a short term contract which would be ok. I dont see the harm in it really, if they still have desire want to win things and play well then why not. 

• Options

You know me too well.
  • Options
    Of course they aren't, what with the names flung around, like Kevin Phillips, Bowyer, Nugent, or that Hamburg player someone mentioned. We do not, and I will repeat this, DO NOT have the funds to play 25k a week to old has-beens, aren't-quites and never-were's. Try looking at league 1 and lower Championship players who have been released, not Premiership and Champions league players who were in their prime when we were on Match Of The Day
  • Options
    no thanks, forwards please!
  • Options
    Yes, that's the impression I get too.  Christ, we're in an irritable and hysterical state.
  • Options

no thanks, forwards please!

Hmmmmm not sure if he can still get around the pitch but forwards are a must but currently we need all positions
  • Options
    To be honest, I really really don't know where we're going from here, as a team or even as a club. I still stand by my reluctance to re-sign old players but if Chris thinks they're whats needed, I am totally willing to give them a chance. You stick two fans together, you get three different theories on the aims/competence/funds of Slatr/Jiminez/Powell. I don't know what the 'real story is' but I am not, never was, and never will be involved with Charlton as anything except a supporter, so all I can do is support. Let's just wait and see what happens.
  • Options
    Rubber Legs back at the valley ? No thanks