Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring back Jason Euell?

Comments

• Options
    Get im.
  • Options
    Would be a great signing, obviously is interested and put in a good shift last night
  • Options
    goal last night, living legend...sign him up
  • Options

Cloud cuckoo land.

• Options
    explain joe
  • Options
    Always believe innnnn Jason Euell EUELL. 
  • Options
    Always believe innnnn Jason Euell EUELL. 
    He's indestructible you know....
  • Options

Cloud cuckoo land.

?
  • Options
    I'm warming to the idea of him coming back . Just as long as he's not expecting to be first choice or wanting high wages. It makes sense as he can cover the strikers or midfield.
  • Options
    I had reservations but he looks lean and keen. Apart from his own play CP will know all about his character from our recent "golden" age. Last night he quietly, undemonstrably guided any of the youngsters ready to listen, and albeit v Bromley, played a good game himself. Had a nice calmness about him that could be telling amid the bustle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id sign him up even on a pay as you play contract.
  • Options
    Pay as you play, sure, whats to lose?
  • Options
    Just remember what Fortune did for us last year.

Can't?

Exactly.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

But by that theory , you'd never take an 'old' player back.

Euell may be out of our reach in terms of wages anyway , but i hope we can get 'im', as my son would say.
  • Options
    Difference between Euell and Fortune, is that Euell has done it in the Championship last season, Fortune was coming back from a bad injury which had stopped him playing
  • Options

Is my memory playing tricks or did I read somewhere that Euell has financial problems?

Powell knows his character better than most and if that stacks up and he can still do the business on the park then why not?

• Options
    Yeah, got ripped off by his accountant
  • Options

This is a better idea. I can't see him being on anything less than £10k per week. He will probably want considerably more, plus a signing-on fee. The fact that he will not even be guaranteed first team football means that this idea is a non-starter for me. I can't believe that people are talking him up as some sort of saviour. I wish people would get real.
  • Options
    Did Blackpool not have a wage cap last year of around £10k a week? I doubt he was at the top of their earners. 

I wish you'd get real - we're a league one club who are potentially interested in a player who was a Premier League registered player last year and a loanee of a Championship club whose fans want him back this season. He'd be a good signing.
  • Options
    £10k a week, you affin a laugh !  I was thinking we could get him for £10K a month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a better idea. I can't see him being on anything less than £10k per week. He will probably want considerably more, plus a signing-on fee. The fact that he will not even be guaranteed first team football means that this idea is a non-starter for me. I can't believe that people are talking him up as some sort of saviour. I wish people would get real.

People do love to go overboard to stress a point. Who thinks he will be a saviour exactly? And £10k a week and you think he'll want more?!

As you wrote earlier on in the thread - cloud cuckoo land

• Options
    But if he's a premiership player and wants all this money and a championship side wants him back why's he training with us still turning out on a Wednesday night for us with two weeks to go before the season kicks off ?

I will tell u because no one else probably wants him and he probably don't want 10k a week
  • Options

No way was Euell on 10k per week last year, and no way will he be expecting anything like that this year.
  • Options

Is my memory playing tricks or did I read somewhere that Euell has financial problems?

Powell knows his character better than most and if that stacks up and he can still do the business on the park then why not?

He was bankrupted earlier this year after a property business that he invested in was was the victim of fraud. I think he's technically still in bankruptcy for a few more months. Bad news for Jase, but the good news for us is that this should make him hungry.
  • Options
    Didn't Blackpool have a policy that no one was paid over 10k a week last season, can't see him being one of their highest earners last year.

@cafc_joe I'd quite like to know who you want us to sign, as you don't want Rasiak or Euell
  • Options
    Didn't Blackpool have a policy that no one was paid over 10k a week last season, can't see him being one of their highest earners last year.

@cafc_joe I'd quite like to know who you want us to sign, as you don't want Rasiak or Euell
    10k a week is over 1/2 million a year .. for playing football !!!!
  • Options

Benson. Anyone that knows anything about football will know that he is going to score a lot of goals this season.

Have we not learned our lessons from loans and rejects? Surely- you guys watch the same thing that I watch every week??? We have had our fingers burnt so many times. Everyone makes mistakes once. Only an idiot makes them 1000 times.
  • Options

I'm not an advocate of bringing Euell back because the midfield looks ok and we need a different type of striker. However if the board are ok with bringing him in over the head count they have set then neither would I be upset if he did.   I admit he could turn out to be the icing on the cake.  He certainly should be able to excel at L1 seeing his past is a higher standard.
    With regard to wages etc, I don't see a problem, regardless of what he was earning at Blackpool it's immaterial.   If he had an offer on the table better than he thinks he would get from us, (assuming we have intimated we would make him an offer)  he would not be here now.  From Euell's perspective better a low offer than no offer and even if it were a short contract to see how things go, it puts him back firmly in the shop window. 
  • Options
    Unless the club frittered away money we couldn't afford which is extremely unlikely after recent events, I really don't feel the wages are important. Surely he knows our limits by now, and we in turn know his. Clearly playing in two games so close to the season means he's a genuine possibility and if an arrangement can be made that suits all parties, we'd be signing someone CP knows and trusts, rather than a fading journeyman who fancies one more contract. On recent evidence we'd also be signing a useful player who, as Sam pointed out, knows how to link midfield with attack.  
  • Options
    bump