Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tattoo's

edited June 2011 in Not Sports Related

Thinking of getting a tattoo. Non Charlton related though.

Just wondering if anybody had any recommendations of tattoo studio's or artist's. I know what style and sort of thing i want, i just need it designed for me and somebody who is able to do the style i want.

What tattoo's have you got and what were your experiences?

Comments

• Options
    Pete Osborne. 7 Stars Tattooing - Long Lane Bexleyheath. Co-owner with Charlton fans favorite Graham H.
  • Options
    ive got italic writing on the side of my ribs in between my arm pit and hip saying ' we are masters of our fate, we are captains of our souls'

had it done about 4 months ago by a friend of a friend. thai bloke from a studio in sevenoaks...i would recommend him but i think he's moved away. i will find out mate, the detail is unbelievable. he's a pukka artist.
  • Options
    Brad Sims - Sims Tattoos in Croydon. Lovely bloke, great to talk to whilst getting the work done and, most importantly, a f***ing excellent artist. Does superb oriental work if that's your thing.
  • Options

What Clem said 100%

Graham done all of mine

• Options

Cheers people, i appreciate the recommendations so far.

What i want is sort of unusual. Not oriental.

I want to go for a religious half sleeve (eventually.) Similar to the picture i have attached (i hope it uploads!)

I know not many people will like that style, or theme, but i do. I just need someone to design it for me, and someone who can actually do it.

• Options
  • Options
    My wife's got loads of religious tattoos done by Brad Sims - he's awesome at those too :)
  • Options
    My wife's got loads of religious tattoos done by Brad Sims - he's awesome at those too :)
    I will have a look in to that then, cheers. If anybody has any other suggestions i would appreciate it also
  • Options
    http://www.kidsloveinkdeptford.co.uk/ A mate had a Virgin Mary done there which looks good.
  • Options
    ive got italic writing on the side of my ribs in between my arm pit and hip saying ' we are masters of our fate, we are captains of our souls'

had it done about 4 months ago by a friend of a friend. thai bloke from a studio in sevenoaks...i would recommend him but i think he's moved away. i will find out mate, the detail is unbelievable. he's a pukka artist.

Life Family Tattoo, http://www.lifefamilytattoo.co.uk/

Owned by Dan Simms, hes done all my work, all Japanese, including 14 hours of work on my back, great artist, lovely bloke, long waiting list (this is a good thing). The Thai chap you refer to is the wonderful Mr Ya, I believe he is still there.

I'm in the process of planning my next needle work, so will be visiting Dan soon.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Life Family Tattoo, http://www.lifefamilytattoo.co.uk/

Owned by Dan Simms, hes done all my work, all Japanese, including 14 hours of work on my back, great artist, lovely bloke, long waiting list (this is a good thing). The Thai chap you refer to is the wonderful Mr Ya, I believe he is still there.

I'm in the process of planning my next needle work, so will be visiting Dan soon.

i was in there yesterday having my first cafc tat done....
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wickford Jnr had his done at Southside Ink, opposite the Lib Club in Charlton Church Lane.
    http://www.southsideinktattoos.co.uk/

• Options
    In Brighton there are a couple of places, including one that was on the pier. The oriental designs looked good, but they said the translations on loads of them were meaningful and significant, as in 'your soul is mine to love', but the actual characters meant, more often than not, things like 'did you remember to buy the toilet paper' and such like.
  • Options
    Wickford Jnr had his done at Southside Ink, opposite the Lib Club in Charlton Church Lane.
    http://www.southsideinktattoos.co.uk/

I like that a lot. 
  • Options
    where do you live?

i got mine done at a place called " into you " their based in farringdon. check out their website.

• Options
    edited June 2011

I have one of those "Chinese" tattoos Seth.  I cringe everytime I see it. Luckily its on my shoulder so that's infrequently.

Had it done with a severe hangover on a whim in Stoke about 12 years ago.

Cringeworthy and really tacky as the only interaction I have with Chinese culture is via the origin of my trainers and the odd takeaway.

• Options

I live in London. Eltham.

Theres a place in Greenwich that a mate has recommended, called living image. They seem to have a few designs in the style i want. But im keeping my options open. Drawing up a shortlist to visit

• Options
    In Brighton there are a couple of places, including one that was on the pier. The oriental designs looked good, but they said the translations on loads of them were meaningful and significant, as in 'your soul is mine to love', but the actual characters meant, more often than not, things like 'did you remember to buy the toilet paper' and such like.
    Yes agreed, thats why its best to get your own Kanji made. I had mine done by a friend who's grandmother is Japanese, she translated it, drew it up on rice paper and the tattooist copied it!! Happy Days! Mind you she suffers from dyslixia dyslaxitive word blindness! ;o)
  • Options
    As an aside, years ago a certain Tatooist that I know (who shall remain nameless) was tattoing the cockerall logo on a Spurs fan shoulder, said Tatooist supports Arsenal (spurs fan did not know this). Spurs fan was caning Arsenal fans, so tattooist tattooed AFC on Spurs fan and then covered it with shading  and colour so it cant be seen, although ethically wrong I dont have a problem with this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As an aside, years ago a certain Tatooist that I know (who shall remain nameless) was tattoing the cockerall logo on a Spurs fan shoulder, said Tatooist supports Arsenal (spurs fan did not know this). Spurs fan was caning Arsenal fans, so tattooist tattooed AFC on Spurs fan and then covered it with shading  and colour so it cant be seen, although ethically wrong I dont have a problem with this!

I knew someone who knew someone who had Ipwich tatooed on his arm.

• Options
    Ipwich? Classic. 
    My friend (who did all of mine) tattooed "Jam" on his leg instead of "The Jam". He then tattooed all around it so can't fix it. It is my favourite tattoo of all time. 
  • Options

barry lavaines house of living art , garret lane tooting is the best in london , have a look at thier work , tap in on google barry lavane

hope this helps

• Options
    Lal hardy Muswell hill New wave tattoos but be prepared to wait long list
  • Options

life family tattoo? still there as far as I know VG

ive got thai writing down my arm, from an unknown tattooist somewhere in Pattaya. If i remember rightly he was really good if you wana go find him?

• Options
    Lal hardy Muswell hill New wave tattoos but be prepared to wait long list
    I have had a look at this guy. All the Spurs players get thiers done there
  • Options

barry lavaines house of living art , garret lane tooting is the best in london , have a look at thier work , tap in on google barry lavane

hope this helps

Some of Miguel Angel's work in there is awesome! Added to my shortlist!
  • Options

well thats a good reason not to get it done there aint it!

get Graham to do it but you have to book. Why give the work to someone who aint CAFC? and to top it all he will sing "The sash" while he is doing it---top fella.

• Options

Haven't got any and very thankful too as I can't imagine what they would look like now after my plastic surgeon has finished cutting out bits of skin cancer!  Like some badly completed jigsaw i guess.

Whoever you ge to do it, if it contains any words, make sure it's someone who can spell and knows were apostrophes go (or don't go).