Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're still 5th ....

Comments

• Options
    The Valley felt abandoned on Saturday.

You don't think we're again having to ground share at Selhurst, do you?
  • Options
    I noticed the Real Ale experiment has died a death lately.
    not a pint to be had at any of the north stand outlets.
    On the plus side, no queues either so its all swings and roundabouts
  • Options
    Bexley Dan was the driving force getting Real Ale served by the club.

Probably too busy now negotiating his transfer to Charlton.
  • Options

Unoffical reports indicate that the new board at Charlton Athletic is looking to put the club up for sale and is eager to complete the deal quickly.

Chairman, Michael Slater is currently holidaying on his luxury private yacht, "Mysteron" berthed in the millionaires playground of Great Yarmouth. He was seen chattting happily with  his regular subbuteo partner Dennis Wise but has refused to comment on the rumours.

Professor Kevin Berk a football finance expert from the University of East Croydon is confident the deal will go ahead:

"With the club now cruising in fifth place the board will naturally feel they have taken the club as far as they possibly can and it is time for a new owner with fresh ideas"

Michael Slater is 83.

• Options
    I was disappointed to be honest. No atmosphere, my row was empty; I don't know about anybody else. Yet another dull 0-0. Still, another clean sheet. That's something, I suppose. I knew it was going to be a low turn-out when I got the Bugle Horn. No one in there.
  • Options
    I was disappointed to be honest. No atmosphere, my row was empty; I don't know about anybody else. Yet another dull 0-0. Still, another clean sheet. That's something, I suppose. I knew it was going to be a low turn-out when I got the Bugle Horn. No one in there.
    Had a few pre-match beers on Saturday and decided to get a firm together from the Swan to walk up to the Horn so we could row with the Bugle Boys. No-one wanted to know telling me to "piss off and let me enjoy my day out with my family". Undeterred, thought I'd take 'em on myself remembering from my previous visit to the Bugle (when the Swan was closed for its refurb) that the regulars all appeared to be sandal wearing, three fingered mincers with no backbone. Ran down the street and smashed the door open with my Havaianas and closed my eyes, whirring my arms around with closed fists so that anyone who got in my path would get it. Didn't connect with anyone and my momentum carried me out to the garden where I fell over and twisted my ankle. Shockin'..can't even muster a friendly rivalry between pubs anymore.
  • Options
    I saw that. I just put it down to a potent mixture of too much sun and beer while wearing flip-flops. There was an effeminate old fella in sandals at the other end of the bar who might have been up for it. I just finished my pint and walked down to the empty ground. Bit depressing really.
  • Options

I'm getting really fed up with this now. Does anyone know the record for the most 0-0's in a row 'cos we must be getting bloody close.

Sort it out Powelly, fer gawds sake!!!!!

• Options

I'm getting really fed up with this now. Does anyone know the record for the most 0-0's in a row 'cos we must be getting bloody close.

Sort it out Powelly, fer gawds sake!!!!!

I'm not sure if there is a record, but Us and Hartlepool are tied for most 0-0's right now, and I can see this continuing for some time yet. Powell needs to get in a target man if we are to progress any higher than 5th, so we can adopt more of a long ball strategy. I mean, how can we string some neat passing play together when the entire pitch is devoid of grass? Never mind Chris Powell out, we want Paddy out!
  • Options
    So much for the new strikers, another bloody season struggling, at least the defense is holding up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tried to muster up a 'Your support is f*ckin' sh*t' to the non-existent away fans on Saturday. Did anyone join in? Did they f*ck! And I agree with sam3110. The pitch was awful.
  • Options
    I've had enough.  I'm a five year ST holder but I'm not going to bother until 6 Aug now.  Why should I when no one at the Club does.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm with Henry. Where's our midfield? Where's our back four? Where's the front two, for that matter? We're getting conflicting messages about how much money we've got this season. Well, they didn't even have any nets up in either goal. What sort of signal is that sending out?
  • Options
    Can someone explain why the player's think it's alright just to take a holiday in the middle of the season. This is crucial time of the year, and if just seems as if the majority of the players think they can just relax.
  • Options
    Seems like the new away kit has been a total flop, not a single one has sold yet!
  • Options
    I think we need to get some loan players in, particularly ones that are only looking to get fit or who play in positions where we are already well covered. I think then and only then will be able to push on.
  • Options

We should be now only behind Preston , Huddlesfield and Sheffield United (only becuase got relegated to League one least season?

4th favourite's  i say we are the same atm as preston

• Options
    edited June 2011

I rate our chances of automatic promotion at only 0%, with a 100% chance of the play offs, a 0% chance of another season in this shi#y division and a 0% chance of relegation. I will be updating during the season to let you know where we will finish.

• Options

Currenty i say 4th

• Options
    On the plus side of course, the parking for home games has been a lot easier recently. Has anyone else found this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it any wonder the players are not performing when they are moonlighting.

JJ DJ'ing (see other thread), heard that Francis has secured a job in the peace corp (where he doesn't have to defend), Robbie has a job in McDonalds (taster) and McOxo is driving cabs in Bexleyheath.

• Options
    So much for the stewards. I took a bottle of water in on Saturday and it still had the top on. No one stopped me. We need new stewards.
  • Options
    The league don't lie they say we are 5th deal with it cos its gonna get worse before it gets better
  • Options
    Well, I've heard that Brentford are trying to improve their image so they're changing their name to Richmond FC. I've also heard that this will push us up to 4th but I don't understand that piece.
  • Options
    At least there isnt any litter around, did I miss all the extra bins put in place or something?
  • Options
    I'm just glad the feeesh chanting has finally stopped.
  • Options
    At least there isnt any litter around, did I miss all the extra bins put in place or something?
    Nowhere to sleep, Nathan?

;o)
  • Options
    When will they EVER fix the bloody screen?
  • Options
    no half-time queues at the bar any more :-)
  • Options

just got home from the game yet again even with all the new signings, no difference in the league postion, thats it for me now i aint going back, sack the board , sack powell, sack vetere

and you lot are so easily fooled this was on page 4 ffs