Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THEATRE THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Last minute decision to take my daughter to see Frozen tomorrow. All I need to do now is find an Elsa dress that fits me.
    Did you have tickets for Stranger Things, DM ?
    No, she’s not that interested in it anymore (plus the cheapest tickets for tomorrow were £185 each)!
  • Options
    Last minute decision to take my daughter to see Frozen tomorrow. All I need to do now is find an Elsa dress that fits me.
    Did you have tickets for Stranger Things, DM ?
    No, she’s not that interested in it anymore (plus the cheapest tickets for tomorrow were £185 each)!
    Ah, OK, thanks.
  • Options
    Seeing Stranger Things on Saturday.. looking forward to it 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Look forward to hearing your feedback, stonemuse.

Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Got some tickets for "Boys from the Blackstuff" in May. Will be dusting off a few "giz a jobs" to pay for them...
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Hope you enjoy it.
    Just saw Stranger Things, never seen anything like it at the theatre, best multimedia ever
  • Options
    I was at Frank Skinner last night in Shatesbury Avenue, ageing comic who has still got it. It's only a short run in town but thoroughly recommended.

Done quite a few shows this month, Jonathan Pie, Cabaret and doing Cable Street on Tuesday, as well as Live Aid at Old Vic in a few weeks.

This retirement lark is murder!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    I was at Frank Skinner last night in Shatesbury Avenue, ageing comic who has still got it. It's only a short run in town but thoroughly recommended.

Done quite a few shows this month, Jonathan Pie, Cabaret and doing Cable Street on Tuesday, as well as Live Aid at Old Vic in a few weeks.

I was there as well. I thought he was a bit below par due to being unwell.
    Did you see Jonathan Ross & his wife in the foyer as we exited?
  • Options
    Outside of pantos not been to the theatre in years , over the next month or so going to see Merchant of Venice (done that at O-Level don’t think I actually read it all got the quicker précis ) and Plaza Suite 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

No I didn't, but heard later they were there. You were in row k seat 6? I thought it was you. I still really enjoyed the show, he missed his radio show yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:

No I didn't, but heard later they were there. You were in row k seat 6? I thought it was you. I still really enjoyed the show, he missed his radio show yesterday.
    Bloody hell, yes we were in K7 & K8.
    Where were you?
    I stood up for a good few minutes looking around because I often see someone I know (even though wife thinks I'm mad). Thanks you kinda proved me right.
    I would have recognized you, but didn't see you.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Hope you enjoy it.
    Just saw Stranger Things, never seen anything like it at the theatre, best multimedia ever
    Saw stranger things Thursday night. Visual effects were stunning. Will be interesting to see how the back story is woven into series 5 of tv series.  
  • Options
    Off to see the new Jez Butterworth on Tuesday. The Hills of California at The Harold Pinter. Doubt it will live up to Jerusalem, but still looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited February 18
    Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:

Bloody hell, yes we were in K7 & K8.
    Where were you?
    I stood up for a good few minutes looking around because I often see someone I know (even though wife thinks I'm mad). Thanks you kinda proved me right.
    I would have recognized you, but didn't see you.
    M8 M9  Its been a while since I saw you last so I was not 100% sure it was you. Annoyed I didn't now!
  • Options
    Late posting this but Nicole Scherzinger as Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard was off the charts outstanding. We had last night tickets so couldn’t go back again. It was that good that I’m even thinking of planning a trip to New York to see the show on Broadway.
  • Options
    Went to see guys and dolls at the bridge again on Thursday with Daniel Mays this time. (He finishes next week) Enjoyed it again and sat in different seats from the first time so saw from different angle. It’s very clever. Missed Cedric O’Neal but still think Marisha Wallace steals the show. 

Also saw the unfriend with Lee Mack. Was ok. 
    Also saw The Enfield Haunting which was better than we thought it was going to be. 
  • Options
    Shouldn't really say this too loud but went and saw the ABBA VR show a few weeks ago and thought it was great!
  • Options
    The Hills of California was good - same writer as The Ferryman!
  • Options
    Off to see the new Jez Butterworth on Tuesday. The Hills of California at The Harold Pinter. Doubt it will live up to Jerusalem, but still looking forward to it.
    Just back from this. Absolutely loved it. Funny, depressing and ultimately a fantastic bit of writing brought to life by an excellent cast.
  • Options
    Bill Bailey next up for me. On Monday at the O2. Absolutely love his live shows and by my reckoning this will be the 7th time I have seen him live.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 1
    Ricky Gervais tickets are currently available on live nation for 4 dates next week/week @ Leicester Sq Theatre, London if you are quick - only £17 each + fees. Went on sale at 10am but despite forgetting about it until just now, I was still able to buy tickets for 5th March.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Ricky Gervais tickets are currently available on live nation for 4 dates next week/week @ Leicester Sq Theatre, London if you are quick - only £17 each + fees. Went on sale at 10am but despite forgetting about it until just now, I was still able to buy tickets for 5th March.
    Cheers, just grabbed one for the 4pm show on 12th March.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I saw this show last Monday 19th.
    Ricky does alternate 20 min slots with other comedians.
  • Options
    Went to see guys and dolls at the bridge again on Thursday with Daniel Mays this time. (He finishes next week) Enjoyed it again and sat in different seats from the first time so saw from different angle. It’s very clever. Missed Cedric O’Neal but still think Marisha Wallace steals the show. 

Also saw the unfriend with Lee Mack. Was ok. 
    Also saw The Enfield Haunting which was better than we thought it was going to be. 
    Saw The Unfriend a few weeks ago. Would give it a 7/10.
  • Options
    Bill Bailey next up for me. On Monday at the O2. Absolutely love his live shows and by my reckoning this will be the 7th time I have seen him live.
    We saw his rehersal show at the Tommyfield in Kennington, have fun
  • Options
    Just for One Day at the Old Vic. 

The story of Live Aid. 

Very good and a fun performance. If you are of a certain age you will enjoy it. 
  • Options

The story of Live Aid. 

I'll second that! Went last night! I was 28 then and this was the era of my music.

For those that can remember Live Aid clearly like yesterday, there are roughly as many years between Live Aid and now, as between the end of the 2nd World War and Live Aid! 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

The story of Live Aid. 

I'll second that! Went last night! I was 28 then and this was the era of my music.

For those that can remember Live Aid clearly like yesterday, there are roughly as many years between Live Aid and now, as between the end of the 2nd World War and Live Aid! 
    Jeez, as someone who was lucky enough to be at Wembley that day, this has made me feel very old!
  • Options
    Going to see Stranger Things for a second time
    on Friday, can’t wait!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Going to see Stranger Things for a second time
    on Friday, can’t wait!
    Considering going a second time soon, loved the first viewing