Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Young Kevin Lisbie

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
on Talksport right now talking about the amount of out of contract players and how hard it can be to get a new club

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Sign him up! Hes not a prolific goalscorer but I'd take a gamble.
  • Options
    Not for me. I was never one for slagging off Kevin but we are starting a new era and need to leave the past and particularly divisive signings back there.
  • Options

I understand people not wanting him back, but he would be free and I reckon he could do a job for us in this division.

• Options
    I agree he's good enough for League one but with the strikers we now have we just don't need him IMHO. Need a different option. Akpo with knobs on.
  • Options
    No frigging thanks dear me
  • Options
    hehe what happend to your old post, was it deleted?
  • Options

I have to think Kevin Lisbie for what I got told was a hit and miss player when he was at Colchester.

Also think we should give and hope next season with extra goals will be Benson season.

• Options
    He had one great game (against Liverpool) where he looked a top player.  He ran Sami Hyypia ragged and scored a hat trick but it was downhill from there.  Not for me even for free.
  • Options

I remember that game .

I think his footballing ego got the worse of him this is why charlton do not want him.

Maybe Barnet do lol

• Options
    Keep well away. He's already proved once he can't cope with the pressure at Charlton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just like  that player we spent alot of money from mk dons simple   when Alan Pardew was boss
  • Options
    i don't think he's an answer to what were needing, we've got a poacher ( bwp) somebody who can create ( hayes) benson who's a bit of both, we need somebody who can rough up defenders, big ugly parky type of player, my choice of brute would be donaldson on a free,
  • Options
    Yesterday I was chatting about Donaldson going either sheffield wednesday or chesterfield but i really hope charlton go for Donaldson
  • Options
    What about Emile Heskey lol on a season loan  come on heskey u could do worse
  • Options

Naughty boy

• Options
    HESKEY??? The only player I have ever seen who limped ONTO the pitch at the Valley.  I couldn't help but laugh when he was subbed. Yes we could do worse d-bent25 but only if we hired Long John Silver up front.
  • Options
    It was only just read about a Target man that could cause the center half during the games problems I know it will not happen.
  • Options
    Listen to the interview here - http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sports/blog/2011-06-26/lisbie-i-could-still-play-premier-league?
    Best bit was when they said he was coming up they referred to him as young Kevin, then during the interview said they couldn't believe he was 32
  • Options

Kevin Lisbie reminds me off a  Darren Huckerby both had potential good  skills but just did not work out 4 them both.

Kevin Lisbie I think will join London club called Leyton Orient lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    at league one level a 'young kevin lisbie' would be brilliant. didnt he score a handful of goals for gillingham on loan?
    however we are not talking about a young kevin lisbie. at 32 with injuries and wear and tear i think he's on a free for a reason. could do a job for someone but not us i feel.
  • Options
    he also said he couldnt live on what millwall offered him
  • Options

He scored less than 20 goals in 20 seasons (well it seemed that long ;-)  )

Never seen a player miss more one on ones than him,always timed his run to perfection to just avoid having to tackle a clearing defender. Lazy rarely chasing back when he frequently lost the ball. When he did manage to beat a defender or two he would often just run the ball into touch or cross the ball behind for a goal kick.

Frustrating & useless

His hat trick against the scousers ? His 3rd which he curled in came after 2 other very similar chances, both of which he tried to curl & they ended up almost hitting the corner flag. That is the kevin missbe that I'll always remember

• Options
    Lisbie, Watford away in our Premiership Relegation season, summed him up for me
  • Options
    E
    on Talksport right now talking about the amount of out of contract players and how hard it can be to get a new club

Diddums. Perhaps if Lisbie pulled his finger out of his a** once in a while instead of moaning about his lot he'd have a club to go to.
  • Options

Tbh, I'd have Heskey on a season long loan, it'd keep me entertained watching him bobble about.

That being said, Can't the Doc play upfront? Target man problem solved.

;o)

• Options
    Harsh.
    Lisbie at Watford away, was his first game for about 5 months after serious injury - he played only because other players were  missing.

I also remember  when he destryoyed Spurs at home, scoring twice in a 3 - 1 win.

Then there was that great headed winner in the last minute at Chelsea.

And the wonder goal at Derby, when he volleyed brilliantly as the ball came down over his shoulder.

Let alone the stuff he created for team mate's goals.

Loads more, which is no doubt why Curbs always had him around.

Jeez, some people  let their bigotry get in the way, and just won't give credit where it's due.
  • Options
    Lisbie, Watford away in our Premiership Relegation season, summed him up for me
    Still have nightmares about that now.
  • Options
    What Oggy said. Curbs was no mug and he rated Lisbie enough to keep him at the club.
  • Options
    Oggy, Lisbie's wonder goal was against Ipswich at Portman Road early in the 01/02 season. Jason Euell scored a great goal against Derby that was very similar that year too. Just a minor correction.