Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Young Kevin Lisbie

124»

Comments

• Options
    Why was he not in the England u-21 squad this week!?!
  • Options
    give it up he was truly crap for us
  • Options

LOL

It's sometimes said in industry that apprentices should move on once they have learnt their craft because they will never be completely accepted as equals by older work colleagues.

There is an element about this with Kevin who apart from a handfull of appearances at the start of his career he was a Premiership player for us and had injury problems which meant he never quite cut it at that level.

If he had come at a different time in our history at CCC or L1 , I think he would have been more fondly remembered . Even so he will always be able to point to the Liverpool game as his career highlight.
  • Options
    Christ - are people STILL banging on about Lisbie? He was two f***ing bob for the approximately 35 years he played for us. Anyone who seriously thinks we'd be better off with him and Wright Phillips up front together instead of Hayes/Kermit knows as much about football as Tara Palmer Tompkinson.
  • Options
    It's Tomkinson.
  • Options
    First time I've ever been corrected for spelling and not given a shit about it! :o)
  • Options
    Lisbie is the only player I've seen who, even when scoring, always made the wrong decision.
  • Options
    Lol, it's not very often I get to correct someone. :-)
  • Options
    Guaranteed to score against us when we face Leyton Orient on New Years Eve.
  • Options
    oh of course they do but we have midfielders to do that, we need two threats upfront not just one and a sub.
    Lol and there is another thread where BWP is slagged off because he only scores goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    oh of course they do but we have midfielders to do that, we need two threats upfront not just one and a sub.
    Lol and there is another thread where BWP is slagged off because he only scores goals

I am no where to be seen in this other thread you speak of, I know what BWP can do. Doesn't bother me if he is no where to be seen for three-quarters of the game, he only needs one chance and 9/10 it's in the back of the net.

I wanted Lisbie because he knows how to score in this league and because of his goalscoring record in this league, he was also going on a free. I am not knocking Kermit because no one really knows what he's about yet apart from a few you tube videos and the couple he's bagged here coming on as a sub.

I want another threat upfront thats all, If BWP gets injured I just can't see Hayes stepping up and doing a job for us, I really can't. Can't always rely on Midfield players to score.

Johnnie Jackson would do a better job upfront (at least he knows how to score) then Paul Hayes, Put Hayes on the wing i reckon.

• Options
    It's must be a footballers worst nightmare to keep picking up injuries just as they start finding their form, getting a run in the side, or scoring goals. This was the case with Lisbie throughout his 10/11 seasons with us. How a player can be villified for being so unlucky with injuries is beyond me. Slag him off for being a poor finisher by all means, but then also give him credit for opening up defences with his speed, skill and vision and also for scoring some important winning goals against Chelsea, Ipswich, Tottenham, Liverpool amongst others. He played in the top flight and vary rarely, if ever, played alongside an out and out goalscorer like Bent. The pressure was very much on Lisbie to take whatever chances he usually created for himself, and by his own admission he was not a goalscorer, he was a support striker, much like Hayes is for BWP.
  • Options
    I still can't get my head around the fact that Lisbie will be 33 next week and Gary Docherty is 31. bonkers.
  • Options
    Done us another favour with a late equaliser for the O's against Sheff U.

Thanks Kev!

Proving much more use to us when he plays in other club's colours, perhaps!
  • Options

Too young.
  • Options
    I still can't get my head around the fact that Lisbie will be 33 next week and Gary Docherty is 31. bonkers.
    That's unbelievable - Doherty's age is only double figures?
  • Options
    Done us another favour with a late equaliser for the O's against Sheff U.

Thanks Kev!

Proving much more use to us when he plays in other club's colours, perhaps!
    Agent Lisbie, our secret weapon strikes again.
  • Options
    Won me £40 with that goal. Five fold goals goals goals.