Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Young Kevin Lisbie

Comments

• Options
    Fair enough, Epsom. Cheers.
  • Options
    Great goal that was Epsom/Oggy and the header at Chelsea away was a great moment as well, needless to say the hat-trick was the pinnacle but it was a shame these moments were few and far between
  • Options
    he also won the free kick that led to the header by falling over untouched ( at chelsea for the header ) 
  • Options
    Harsh.
    Lisbie at Watford away, was his first game for about 5 months after serious injury - he played only because other players were  missing.

I also remember  when he destryoyed Spurs at home, scoring twice in a 3 - 1 win.

Then there was that great headed winner in the last minute at Chelsea.

And the wonder goal at Derby, when he volleyed brilliantly as the ball came down over his shoulder.

Let alone the stuff he created for team mate's goals.

Loads more, which is no doubt why Curbs always had him around.

Jeez, some people  let their bigotry get in the way, and just won't give credit where it's due.
    Agree with everything you have said except of course Derby.  Unfortunately. Lisbie seemed to make one appearance and then spent the next half season injured, our very own sick note.  If he could have stayed injury / illness free (didn't he have a tumour in his nasal cavity that required surgery and a long lay off) I am sure he would have developed into a reasonable, although not great premiership player.
  • Options
    got more stick than he probably deserved but at the end of the day he wasnt quite good enough
  • Options
    got more stick than he probably deserved but at the end of the day he wasnt quite good enough
    In the prem yes.

Proved himself at lower level and smaller clubs since.
  • Options
    Proved himself at lower level and smaller clubs since.
    Especially playing us!
  • Options

My youngest's first game was Chelsea away when Super Kev scored  the headed winner in the last minute.

Had to buy him the Lisbie shirt after that and he was addickted for life thanks to Mr K Lisbie.

Does he still live in Herne Bay?

• Options
    More like Hernia Bay ;0)
  • Options
    Don't you mean Hernia Hill?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the Oggster said. His strength was opening up defences and creating openings, not finishing them. That's why he always needed to play alongside a goalscorer but was never afforded the opportunity despite his many years at the club. I cannot understand why he is always persecuted for being so unlucky with injuries, as if picking up injuries was his fault! Following the Liverpool hat trick he didn't play again for another six months.
    Should we have him back? I think it would depend on whether he has managed to retain his biggest asset, his speed.
  • Options
    we dont want the Valley to become like an elephant's graveyard where all the old sweats come for a last bit of good pay and then to quietly fade away. if a player comes cheap and on low wages there is usually a reason. That reason?.. he is no good
  • Options

See I am not looking at it like that, I saw it more as bring him in for a year see if he can do a job if not **** him off, simple.

If you're talking a years wages well I'd rather take a gamble on Lisbie then another Eccleston turn out.

• Options

See I am not looking at it like that, I saw it more as bring him in for a year see if he can do a job if not **** him off, simple.

If you're talking a years wages well I'd rather take a gamble on Lisbie then another Eccleston turn out.

Agreed.   I'd keep Reid and/or Benson if possible.  I saw Ecclescake on loan at Hudd the previous season, bull in a china shop, could start a fight in an empty phone box.  I could not belive that Powell signed him even  short term

• Options
    Had bags of potential, won't ever deliver when the pressure is on.  Should go back to Colchester if he can, where he could wind down his career and get a good reputation.  If he get's them promoted it'd be a great end to a career that promised a lot, when he wasn't playing in the first team.
  • Options

Lisbie and Sam: two big talents but too laid back for their own good. Anymore relaxed they'd be comatose. Leaburn was a bit like that as well. What we need is a Sam/Lisbie skill merchant with the tuffidity of Richard Rufus, a player who made full use of every ounce of talent he possessed (yes I know RR is a defender but you take my point)

• Options

Agreed.   I'd keep Reid and/or Benson if possible.  I saw Ecclescake on loan at Hudd the previous season, bull in a china shop, could start a fight in an empty phone box.  I could not belive that Powell signed him even  short term

Powell did not sign him short or long term!
  • Options

Tbh, I'd have Heskey on a season long loan, it'd keep me entertained watching him bobble about.

That being said, Can't the Doc play upfront? Target man problem solved.

;o)

Only if draw a series of circles within circles on him.
  • Options

Powell did not sign him short or long term!
    who did then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the board deal was done before powell took over
  • Options
    so you're saying that Powell who was appointed the day after Ecclestone's arrival played no part in the signing?
  • Options

oooooooooooooooooooso Super Kev scored a wonder goal and we should all stop being anti kev ?  Johny Ostergard scored a wonder goal as well maybe we should have payed that pratt to stay for ten years 7 of which he ansat on his  arse trousering our dosh------you know like Super Kev did.

CAFC owe Lisbie nothing  -- even if he played for the next three seasons for zilch  it wouldnt be enough. ( thats FC Zilch of somewhere far away --- go there Kev con them far a few years)

• Options
    so you're saying that Powell who was appointed the day after Ecclestone's arrival played no part in the signing?
    The deal was sorted by Jimminez and Powell says he was not involved, it also had nothing to do with the Shelvey tie up with Liverpool.
  • Options
    Good question.

Eccles was already at the club before Powell was appointed.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the thread that suggests we get John Pearson back.
  • Options
    Well i think we should sign john pearson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    Well i think we should sign john pearson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I agree entirely. Big man, good hold up play, good in the air - just what we're after. Wages might be an issue though.
  • Options
    Lisbie was scoring important goals in the Championship and League 1 the season before. As we are in League 1 and not the Premiership it would seem to me to be a good bit of business to take him on.
  • Options
    Forgetting about how well he did or didn't do for us previously,for this level he'd still do a decent job. Don't think that will be with us though as he doesn't  fit in to what we're looking for.