Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8,414 (4 Aug) season tickets sold

Comments

• Options
    I'm looking to buy a season ticket for the first time in a few seasons. Any idea when they go on GENERAL sale ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm looking to buy a season ticket for the first time in a few seasons. Any idea when they go on GENERAL sale ?
    They are on general sale now.
  • Options
    Renewed 3 on thursday COYR
  • Options
    They are on general sale now.
    Can you buy online or more to the point can you see what seats are free on line?
  • Options

You can renew online, but only buy in person or on the phone. It's all on the O/S.

• Options
    No you can't buy online or see what seats are available at the moment
  • Options
    Been on the phone twice today to my pal trying to get him to renew.

Says that walk-up will be easy when he wants to go anytime, and that's hard to dispute.

He did say that if there is a  "marque signing", and it is decent - then he will buy one.
    So if we buy a new tent he will get a season ticket? You've got some weird mates!
  • Options
    Online season tickets are only offered for renewals until we release last year's seats, which has now happened.

However when Bournemouth goes on sale on Tuesday you'll be able to see if a particular seat is available for match sale and therefore as an ST.
  • Options
    What's the stance on refunds Airman Brown? I've just changed jobs and even though I was one of the first to renew, I won't be able to make it to any Saturday games :( .
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well done Crazy. Good job. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Sasa ilic delivered mine, I presume so anyway as its covered in mud and looks like someone dropped it
  • Options
    Been on the phone twice today to my pal trying to get him to renew.

Says that walk-up will be easy when he wants to go anytime, and that's hard to dispute.

He did say that if there is a  "marque signing", and it is decent - then he will buy one.
    So if we buy a new tent he will get a season ticket? You've got some weird mates!
    Marque...... an emblem or nameplate used to identify a luxury product, especially a car.
    Marquee........Big tent

• Options
    Online season tickets are only offered for renewals until we release last year's seats, which has now happened.

However when Bournemouth goes on sale on Tuesday you'll be able to see if a particular seat is available for match sale and therefore as an ST.
    cheers
  • Options
    7,507 apparently.
  • Options
    7508 now, just renewed - funny enough there wasnt anyone clambering over my primly positioned seat!!
  • Options
    still 1200 short on last year at beginning of season and 1700 not renewed.

Bound to be a late rush but "only" 300 sold in last week or so how much impact have the signings had?
  • Options

Bound to be a late rush but "only" 300 sold in last week or so how much impact have the signings had?
    As I said before (and I may have missed the answer) it would be interesting to know what the final count was last season,theoretically 1/2 season ticket holders will be renewing at the beginning of the season and not waiting till X mas.

Although there have been a number of signings, from the outside looking in without the players being hyped up by CL or other message boards,it could be seen as disappointing purchases so far.A bunch of free's and a couple of undisclosed.  A lot of people will be waiting for that"big signing" or significant investment illustrated through a high profile signing.

IF we start well then and retain the deal of a refund on the first couple of games if you buy an ST then I can see a late rush for ST's into the season,but remember in the last four or more years there have been a number of false dawns and the vast majority of the fans will remain cynical about the signings till we see them perform
  • Options
    9,100 was the final ST figure at the end of 20/11 from memory.
  • Options

The suggestion was upthread that while we are talking about the new players a lot of people don't know about them. If someone doesn't log on here or read the OS how will they know? All they've got to go on was a miserable performance last season that came on top of several poor seasons. I can quite believe that a lot of ST holders have had enough and will be choosy about what games they go to - perhaps regardless of what players we sign.

• Options
    edited July 2011

The suggestion was upthread that while we are talking about the new players a lot of people don't know about them. If someone doesn't log on here or read the OS how will they know? All they've got to go on was a miserable performance last season that came on top of several poor seasons. I can quite believe that a lot of ST holders have had enough and will be choosy about what games they go to - perhaps regardless of what players we sign.

The number who have not renewed yet is greater than 2,000, because there are several hundred new (or perhaps returning) purchasers. Among the 2,000-plus will be a number who have always intended to buy but prefer to pay as late as possible or simply don't see a need to do so yet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We mustn't forget we are gripped in a period of austerity, I would imagine a good number of those who don't renew will attend game by game and if we are doing well will attend more games than if we are not. They might want to see for themselves how it pans out and you can usually buy a pro rata season at some point early in the season and at the mid way point if it is clear it's going to be a good one.

the signings will attarct some and the results will attarct others. As long as we do well, I'm sure the crowds will hold up.
  • Options
    Well my mate and I move from buying 2 STs to 4 today, as we introduce our two eldest (6 year olds) to a life of football suffering (with hints of joy) :). Will feel very odd moving to the family area having been in the North/North Upper since our return to the Valley, but hopefully worth it, as our newbies will fall in love with our special club like we'd done many moons ago and what's more stick by the team..... Trick is, they are both girls and might hate it, but we'll see and can only but try.
  • Options
    Well my mate and I move from buying 2 STs to 4 today, as we introduce our two eldest (6 year olds) to a life of football suffering (with hints of joy) :). Will feel very odd moving to the family area having been in the North/North Upper since our return to the Valley, but hopefully worth it, as our newbies will fall in love with our special club like we'd done many moons ago and what's more stick by the team..... Trick is, they are both girls and might hate it, but we'll see and can only but try.
    Took my 5 year old daughter along to see the last game last year.  She was excited about it but after 15 mins I was glad we took the Nintendo DS!  At half time she thought it was time to go...so be prepared for bit of a struggle.  90 minutes is an eternity for a 6 year old.  Might be a bit easier though with 2 of them sitting together.
  • Options
    Cheers, will bring every gadget we own in that case. Advice appreciated.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You could do what I did: Told my daughter to 'Find Wally' in the crowd - she never has (yet). Would freak me out if she does though!!

• Options
    You could do what I did: Told my daughter to 'Find Wally' in the crowd - she never has (yet). Would fing freak me out if she does though!!

Wait for the day when she says "He's sitting next to me" looking up at you and smiling.
  • Options
    SHame she didn't go to the Hartleopool game- their actually was a where's Wally in their end - amongst some Oompa Lumpsa
  • Options
    You could do what I did: Told my daughter to 'Find Wally' in the crowd - she never has (yet). Would freak me out if she does though!!

There was quite a few on the pitch last season!
  • Options
    I took both my sons during their primary school years. Fortunately they both enjoyed watching the game, but attention spans are short at a young age. The promise of sweets at half time helped. Opal Fruits with their individual wrappers kept them occupied for quite a while, I remember.

Both went on to buy season tickets for a number of years before marriages and mortgages took priority. They still have a keen interest in all things Charlton and I'm sure will attend matches if performances start to improve. For all the talk of signings, success on the pitch is by far the most important factor to drive up attendances.
  • Options
    I took my son to the home game against Plymouth at Upton park when Shilton made his debut, it was cold, a boring game and 0-0, after that he never took to football!  he sat through the 2nd half on his knees using the seat as a table and drawing :-(