Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8,414 (4 Aug) season tickets sold

Comments

• Options
    Do we have numbers now?
  • Options
    I called up to do mine this morning, the lady i spoek to said that they had a few people calling up today with it being a pay day for alot.
  • Options
    Promising numbers.  Obviously would rather we had as many if not more than the same time last season but as the articles says poor finish last year plus personal circumstances = 5% drop.

Hope a good start, good middle and good finish encourages a few more back.

• Options
    Got mine....Mrs Mog waiting for Hers.....(Bloody RoyalMail.......)
  • Options
    Promising numbers.  Obviously would rather we had as many if not more than the same time last season but as the articles says poor finish last year plus personal circumstances = 5% drop.

Hope a good start, good middle and good finish encourages a few more back.

Agree, and well done to Airman and his team for their undoubted hard work.

However, the figures are actually currently around 9% down on kick off last season (albeit with a week or so to go) and around 14% down on what we ended up with by the final game of last season (although that isn't exactly like with like). Either way, not exactly the 5% drop Airman claims - not yet, but who can blame him for a teensy bit of spin.
  • Options

Looks a very good figure to me especially given that last season we failed in the 3rd Division.

We've also got a capacity that will accommodate walk up sales for any match in comfortable areas, so there isn't that much incentive for fans to 'book early to avoid disappointment'.

A job well done on full season tickets - now it's up to Powell and the team to generate the excitement that will lead to increased walk up sales and second half season tickets.  

• Options
    In previous years we have kept season ticket availability open for a few games into the season and hopefully this is the plan this seaon.  We should not forget that CL is not the majority, we are a strange minority that hot house issues and transfers, so most fans only have the end of season review to go on and that stated significant investment.

For many on here, and elsewhere, interpreted that as millions and big names.  It has not turned out like that and we on here have been able to analyse and pull to pieces the transfer progress and been able to see the positive.  Those outside our community have not and all they have seen are players from D&R, Bournemouth, the Alonso that did not make it, a 25 year old lower league player, a youth keeper.  So it will need the results, from what we as lifers think looks like a good side, from the first few games to give the realisation to the non lifers the incentive to sign up.

I think we can get to end of last season figures, which is the figure that really counts but it may take 3 or 4 games into the season before it happens and some stiff personalised, marketing.  
  • Options
    Good one Kap - I make you spot on.  Good play, top 5 or 6 and our charismatic manager should see us at status quo by the end of August/beginning of September.

The Board have played a game of "horses for courses", that is purchased the type of player (many of them top League One or Championship standard) to get us out of League One.  When we're in the Championship, we may see some top Championship/lower Premier League quality players arrive at the club.

• Options

Agree, and well done to Airman and his team for their undoubted hard work.

However, the figures are actually currently around 9% down on kick off last season (albeit with a week or so to go) and around 14% down
    on what we ended up with by the final game of last season (although that isn't exactly like with like). Either way, not exactly the 5% drop Airman
    claims - not yet, but who can blame him for a teensy bit of spin.

Comparing the final figure with the figure two weeks before the start of the season isn't spin then? No, you're right. It's bollocks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You what Airman?

I'm merely pointing out that although your estimate is that we will be 5% down come kick off time last to the same time last year - and I trust you to be getting that right based on your handle on sales trends, etc - we aren't quite there yet.

So how about you chill out about and keep your hair on?
  • Options
    We're 300-350 behind where we were on the same day last season. You do the maths.

It's an absolute certainty that we will have 8,300 plus by kick-off, because we know the sales pattern year on year. That's 95 percent - more actually - and it may well be closer to 8,400. There's no spin involved, but hey, let's make a meaningless comparison with the January figure and pretend there is.

• Options
    I still think that number could go higher if we got a 'stellar' signing.
  • Options
    We're 300-350 behind where we were on the same day last season. You do the maths.

It's an absolute certainty that we will have 8,300 plus by kick-off, because we know the sales pattern year on year. That's 95 percent and it may well be closer to 8,400. There's no spin involved, but hey, let's make a meaningless comparison with the January figure and pretend there is.

• Options
    Stella Mccartney?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Airman, I was going by this on the website;

"The tally of paid-for seats stood at 8,032 on Monday, compared to the 8,769 with which the Addicks kicked off the 2010/11 campaign.Work continues to contact many of those who have yet to renew, and the club expects to have made in the region of 8,400 sales by Saturday week."

How would I know what the sales were for the exact equivalent day last year? It doesn't say. Which is why I said that although we're on course we're not quite there yet, so people need to get their hands in their pockets and pay up now.
    I think you're misunderstanding what I was saying, inadvertently or deliberately, I don't know which. Either way, as an employee of the club I don't really care for the attitude you're displaying to a paying customer of long standing. I'll put it down to a bad day on your part, this time.
  • Options
    if you wouldn't have such a bloody annoying tone about all your posts he wouldn't have responded like that
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    if you wouldn't have such a bloody annoying tone about all your posts he wouldn't have responded like that
    Read all my posts have you?

And yes, I can imagine my agreeing with Henry's post and saying "Agree, and well done to Airman and his team for their undoubted hard work" must really get up the nose, pot. 
  • Options
    Given the last few seasons, the recession and predictions of the end of the world being imminent I think where we are at is pretty decent. I wonder how many teams in L1 who finished mid-table are about where they were last season in terms of ST take up?
  • Options
    Variation on normal theme: Where's my lapsed season ticket holder mailshot? !

Seems like full circle with the number of season ticket holders back equal to the capacity when we returned back to the Valley all those years ago...

If it goes to plan and they come up with a good offer then ticket number could go well above 10,000 when they market the 1/2 season ticket

Expect I'll buy back in ... not saying I represent each and everyone of the 7,000 lapsed holders as every one will probably have different stories... but I'll be back in for more soon ;) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bound to be a late rush but "only" 300 sold in last week or so how much impact have the signings had?
    Although there have been a number of signings, from the outside looking in without the players being hyped up by CL or other message boards,it could be seen as disappointing purchases so far.A bunch of free's and a couple of undisclosed.  A lot of people will be waiting for that"big signing" or significant investment illustrated through a high profile signing.

IF we start well then and retain the deal of a refund on the first couple of games if you buy an ST then I can see a late rush for ST's into the season,but remember in the last four or more years there have been a number of false dawns and the vast majority of the fans will remain cynical about the signings till we see them perform

Yes that's what I've been thinking Kap. A lot of people would have seen a lot of last years squad leave & a new one signed up, same as last year & to a lesser extent the previous year. No doubt they've been thinking here we go again & with CPs record so far, buying a season ticket probably isn't too high on their list of priorities.

To be fair without this site & some friends with more knowledge of 3rd division football than me I would have been thinking who the hell are this bunch. I do think it would have helped sell season tickets to have made at least one high profile signing (for this level i.e. a well known championship player if poss). I'm sure that all of us who bought our Season ticket back in April would have happily gone without the £50 reduction to see this happen. 

I just hope that my misgivings over CP are unfounded & the team can get off to a good start & everything clicks into place. Still think we need a decent striker to partner BWP & the defence still needs sorting, we shall see.

• Options
    I think the last couple of seasons a lot of fans made a statement of loyalty to the club and bought tickets whereas this time round, and quite understandably so, they are taking a wait and see stance and if we make a good start then I'm sure we will see some decent walk-up crowds and people buying half-season tickets come Xmas

Hmm not so sure on the "decent walk up crowds" if only for the fact that (or so I've been told) it takes an age to get served. If people are queuing for ages & perhaps it's a poor game they're more likely to not bother another time. I'm sure the ticket office staff do their best it's just one of those things.

Can anyone confirm that if you buy a matchday ticket online that you still have to queue in the same line as those waiting to buy just so you can pick yours up? If so surely there could be a seperate pick up point ?

• Options
    Bound to be a late rush but "only" 300 sold in last week or so how much impact have the signings had?

Yep, but I think it might take points on the board and a few reports that the team is playing good attacking football to get some people back to the Valley. There have been a few false dawns over the last couple of seasons so I can understand why sales might still be a little slow.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Hmm not so sure on the "decent walk up crowds" if only for the fact that (or so I've been told) it takes an age to get served. If people are queuing for ages & perhaps it's a poor game they're more likely to not bother another time. I'm sure the ticket office staff do their best it's just one of those things.

Can anyone confirm that if you buy a matchday ticket online that you still have to queue in the same line as those waiting to buy just so you can pick yours up? If so surely there could be a seperate pick up point

If you order tickets online or over the phone , and its too late to post them out , you do not have to queue in the same line because you pick up your tickets from the valley gold window , which normally has no queue what-so-ever.
  • Options
    If you buy a ticket online or by phone we post it out, unless it's too late. We don't have a significant problem with tickets for collection - not with paying customers anyway.

However, it's pretty much inevitable that if more than about 3,000 people ever decide to pay on the day, they are unlikely to get in on time. This is about the number of windows and terminals and the computer system, and it will only be resolved by capital investment, which obviously hasn't been available. Sooner or later we will have this problem, but we normally sell less than 2,000 on the day, so we manage.

Of course it would be better to resolve the problem before it bites us, but at present we have some spare capacity and no budget so that isn't going to happen.

I am very mindful of the risk of people walking away, but I think some queuing is inevitable and will happen whatever we do.

• Options

And yes, I can imagine my agreeing with Henry's post and saying "Agree, and well done to Airman and his team for their undoubted hard work" must really get up the nose, pot. 

Only read about 95% of them actually.....:-)
  • Options
    can anyone confirm that if you buy a matchday ticket online that you still have to queue in the same line as those waiting to buy just so you can pick yours up? If so surely there could be a seperate pick up point
    If you order tickets online or over the phone , and its too late to post them out , you do not have to queue in the same line because you pick up your tickets from the valley gold window , which normally has no queue what-so-ever.
    Thank you sir
  • Options
    Airman, I was going by this on the website;

"The tally of paid-for seats stood at 8,032 on Monday, compared to the 8,769 with which the Addicks kicked off the 2010/11 campaign.Work continues to contact many of those who have yet to renew, and the club expects to have made in the region of 8,400 sales by Saturday week."

How would I know what the sales were for the exact equivalent day last year? It doesn't say. Which is why I said that although we're on course we're not quite there yet, so people need to get their hands in their pockets and pay up now.
    I think you're misunderstanding what I was saying, inadvertently or deliberately, I don't know which. Either way, as an employee of the club I don't really care for the attitude you're displaying to a paying customer of long standing. I'll put it down to a bad day on your part, this time.

You evidently think that you're entitled to have a pop, i.e. accuse me of "spin", and now want to play the affronted customer when picked up on it. But that isn't the context of this message board and if it was no staff would ever post on it, as indeed some would say we shouldn't.

As it happens I wrote the story and left the like for like out because I thought it was one stat too many, but I stand by the 95 per cent figure because it's right tonight and will be right on August 6th.
  • Options

Only read about 95% of them actually.....:-)

What a load of spin. There's no way you could have read 95%. If your tone was better in your posts I'd believe it.
  • Options
    5 per cent of offits post make sense 75 per cent are waffle 20 percent i dont bother with