Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Jennings

Comments

• Options
    Guys, after I spoke to the team, they are now having another look at it - think it is a cock up. They believe that Dale Stephens in the player who has signed, as they have also received an update from a club source saying Danny Green and Dale Stephens will be unveiled tomorrow. They received an invite to attend the Valley tomorrow, and that never happens for a League 1 club unless it is a pretty large signing / big news. A Stephens / Green double deal would do that.
  • Options
    sky sports wankers
  • Options
    Does this make us bigger than Bayern? ;-) Ribery next Slater otherwise I won't be happy.

Wonder if this sort of transfer comes under the budget or contingency fund???
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Can't beleive we have let Jenningings go - Powell & Board OUT. ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Had to be

• Options
    As I said though win win.

Looks like the Jennings story was a balls up... but tomorrow we get Stephens and Green.
  • Options

Guys - on the plus side, for the first time in my life I have a genuine exclusive. For years, I have always looked at people with contacts and thought 'bullshitting'.

Yes - Stephens and Green (according to Stephens' agent) are CAFC players and will be announced tomorrow afternoon at The Valley.

• Options
    Had to be a mistake - would ahve been massive beyond massive if we got the lad who is going to be a star of the future.
  • Options
    Wiki says Jennings is a Charlton player squad no. 21. Must be true! ;)
  • Options
    Well that was fun while it lasted better than the green thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good work DNS and fantastic news on two new players joining tomorrow
  • Options
    Only Stephens and Green?....... this isn't good enough. I want an international class centre back with a BIG name.

Nothing less will do, otherwise we'll have to start the season with Fortune on one leg.
  • Options
    Oh well, Stephens and Green will do tomorrow.
  • Options

This was another player on coveredend junior's list, that he discussed with Chris Powell at Bromley. Chrissy laughed and said out of the question.

If this is true Chris is either a great actor or a mushroom.

Skysports.com understands Charlton Athletic have won the race to sign in-demand Tranmere Rovers striker Dale Jennings.

imagePowell: Wants League One promotionThe 18-year-old has been linked with a host of clubs and last week it was confirmed that German giants Bayern Munichimage had made a bid.Jennings made a total of 32 appearances last season for Rovers and scored six goals in the process to give an indication of his ability.Chris Powell's Charlton will therefore consider the deal as a considerable achievement as they look to build a squad capable of a return to the Championship.In contrast, losing Jennings, especially to a League One rival, will come as a significant setback for Tranmere
  • Options
    yeah thats more like it! silly sky sports ;-) would have been great know
  • Options
    Wiki says Jennings is a Charlton player squad no. 21. Must be true! ;)
    all very strange aint it
  • Options

Sky Sports have been getting a number of stories wrong about us lately, the John Bostock transfer last season springs to mind and I know at least one another has happened that I can't think of but their lower league reporters need to get their act together, bad journalism!

• Options
    Only Stephens and Green?....... this isn't good enough. I want an international class centre back with a BIG name.
    That Magnus bloke from Colchester had a BIG name Oggster
  • Options
    Wada mistaka tamake
  • Options

The Bayern Manager has said they was looking at him for the second team so maybe he turned down playing for them ... And we have got him in but were signing loads of attackers and forgetting bout the defence

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    could have all three jennings ,stephens and green !!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish ;-)
  • Options

Sky Sports have been getting a number of stories wrong about us lately, the John Bostock transfer last season springs to mind and I know at least one another has happened that I can't think of but their lower league reporters need to get their act together, bad journalism!

must be their new S London correspondent ... Ackworth J
  • Options
    story is back up on sky sports???/
  • Options
    That Magnus bloke from Colchester had a BIG name Oggster
    Ah, I've been rumbled!
  • Options
    It was £500k up front from Bayern which is within reach.  Story's been taken down now anyway, either a huge cock up or a wind up.
  • Options
    The sad thing is that it takes a bit of the shine from what is actually a strong positive in getting Stephens. A bit like thinking you have bought Messi and finding out it is Rooney.
  • Options
    Sorry we cannot retrieve this story.

hahaha Dale Stephens
  • Options
    Taken down now, so what did it say? Just that we had signed Jennings?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Said we had beaten off B. Munich to sign Dale Jenninigs. What they actually meant is that we have signed Dale Stephens
  • Options
    Taken down now, so what did it say? Just that we had signed Jennings?
    It said that they understand that he will sign for charlton