Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Jennings

124»

Comments

• Options

Taken down now, so what did it say? Just that we had signed Jennings?

Read what Covered End reported.Thats what was on Sky.

• Options

Never been the same since Keys & Gray got sacked.

Useless tossers.

However, if that is true about Green & Stephens then I'm over the half moon.

• Options
    that's £775,000 of the Jenkinson money gone with Stephens 375k and Green 400k so still some funds available for a few defenders...
  • Options
    Right, I've just had a cup of tea and worked out what's really happening.

Bayern Munich have signed Jennings, but as the lad is only 18 years old and considered too young to move away to Germany - it's been arranged that he will spend a season long loan with Charlton (the Jeff Vetere connection).

Should I post that on the Football Rumours site.........?
  • Options
    Taken down now, so what did it say? Just that we had signed Jennings?

See my post at 6.20pm.
  • Options
    that sounds good oggy red ;-)
  • Options
    that sounds good oggy red ;-)
    Winky winky smiley thingy
  • Options
    surely the person writing the article would get about 3 words in and think 'hold on a minute..........'
    You would think so! especially when they already had a stephens story on the pile to rejig
    Not to improbable a cock up when the so called sports journalist was probably thinking "who the hell are Charlton, Tranmere and Dale Jennings" whilst they were writing it.
  • Options
    Talksport just confirmed sky cocked up and they all had a good laugh at sky.
  • Options

...oops, those Sky4 obsessed journous getting their lower league players mixed up - who'd a thunk it.

Still, if we do get Green and Stephens, then I will be very happy.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

This was another player on coveredend junior's list, that he discussed with Chris Powell at Bromley. Chrissy laughed and said out of the question.

If this is true Chris is either a great actor or a mushroom.

Skysports.com understands Charlton Athletic have won the race to sign in-demand Tranmere Rovers striker Dale Jennings.

imagePowell: Wants League One promotionThe 18-year-old has been linked with a host of clubs and last week it was confirmed that German giants Bayern Munichimage had made a bid.Jennings made a total of 32 appearances last season for Rovers and scored six goals in the process to give an indication of his ability.Chris Powell's Charlton will therefore consider the deal as a considerable achievement as they look to build a squad capable of a return to the Championship.In contrast, losing Jennings, especially to a League One rival, will come as a significant setback for Tranmere
    Forget all this nonsense about which Dale we have , or haven't signed , but am i right in thinking in this picture of Chris Powell that he's sporting a Charlton Life badge?
  • Options
    Officially signed for Munich

Great move for the boy, nice to see foreign clubs signing some British youngsters for a change.
  • Options
    Considering the "bigger" teams in the English game are currently paying silly money for English talent I'm suprised no Premiership teams came in for him.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The big clubs prefer to buy some relatively cheap foreigner who has 'top class experience' rather than take a punt on an English lad.  And let's face it.how many English maanagers are there in the premier league nowadays?
  • Options
    Signed for Barnsley for £250k after 2 years at Bayern.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22938995
  • Options
    can I be the first one to say......that's another striker we've missed out on - pull yer finger out Powell !!
  • Options
    He looked awesome before going to bayern but didn't settle. I'm sure I read a quote from him about how he regretted not bothering to learn the language. Not a good start!
  • Options

can I be the first one to say......that's another striker we've missed out on - pull yer finger out Powell !!

Powell doesn't have a pot to p!ss in.

• Options
    Doubt anyone coming in without probably Stephens, Hollands and Green departing.
  • Options

Powell doesn't have a pot to p!ss in.

And Barnsley do? Lower attendances, smaller team, in debt. They've only got this little bit of money to spend by selling up their best players. I get that we're not rich but this stuff about Charlton being completely poverty stricken goes too far sometimes. Maybe Powell just doesn't rate Jennings.