Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options

I've not played the Oaks, Leroy but it did look nice when I had a wander up there.

Am playing Selsdon next weekend and definitely need to hit the range.

Not a fan of Adddington Court either, very short and gets absolutely rammed in the Summer.

• Options

I played a quick 12 hole at Selsdon Park last week..........I do like the first hole - downhill par 5 - always good to see you opening drive bounding down the fairway.

I don't play as much as I used to. My handicap has never got any lower than 18 and I probably play off 21 or 22 now.

I have played most courses in Kent an S/East in general...........10 years ago I used to play every weekend and the reason for my "name" on here. Me and my golfing partner used to play 18 holes on a Sat before a home game and used to try and play somewhere before an away game - hence played courses all over England !! Sometimes we would stay overnight and play 36 holes on a Sunday somewhere before driving home............ those were the days.

• Options

Playing the 'twenty ten @ Celtic Manor again on the 17th Nov.

Played it last year and was fantastic, hoping to beat my previous 106 !

• Options

I played a quick 12 hole at Selsdon Park last week..........I do like the first hole - downhill par 5 - always good to see you opening drive bounding down the fairway.

I don't play as much as I used to. My handicap has never got any lower than 18 and I probably play off 21 or 22 now.

I have played most courses in Kent an S/East in general...........10 years ago I used to play every weekend and the reason for my "name" on here. Me and my golfing partner used to play 18 holes on a Sat before a home game and used to try and play somewhere before an away game - hence played courses all over England !! Sometimes we would stay overnight and play 36 holes on a Sunday somewhere before driving home............ those were the days.

I love Selsdon. It's a very demanding course - I think they had a European tour event there a few years back? Love the first and second holes - that second hole with the elevated green protected by trees at the back is beautiful. There's also an awesome par 5 right at the start of the back nine - tee shot hit over a ridge, lazy seven iron for a layup to another elevated green. Final par three is memorable too - in all I think it's the best course I play regularly.
  • Options
    Selsdon Park is my local course,never tire of playing there. Couple of lovely par 5s where you can really open your shoulders. Favourite holes are the par 5 1st,par 5 10th and the par 3 17th. Went round there 11 over last time out,play off 16 so i was well pleased!! Playing Gatton Manor in Surrey next week,looks a lovely track and heard good things about it so looking forward to that.
  • Options
    Bloody hell - that is good going! If you play off 16 and you;re going round that beast in five under, you need your handicap revised! Best I've ever done there was an 88 - and I was well pleased with that. Got my second ever eagle there (the par 4 13th) after driving the green. Love that course - just thinking about it makes me want to play it again :)
  • Options
    My playing partner said the same thing that day LA,think it was 'one of those days' if im honest,nearly every putt dropped and even the bad shots turned out good. I also drove the green at the 13th but lipped out a 15 footer for eagle. I always got annoyed with myself when i played a bad shot or missed a 3 footer etc and it really started to affect my whole game but this year i vowed to not wind myself up and my game has gone from strength to strength. I dont worry about my score and only total it up at the end,i just enjoy the game. Ive dropped from 22 to 16 handicap this year,whether thats down to my new approach to the game or not im not sure but ive enjoyed playing so much more when i havent got the hump with it! 
  • Options
    Playing Kingswood on Tuesday - anyone here played there? Supposed to be a lovely little course, and been meaning to give it a go for months.
  • Options

I love Selsdon. It's a very demanding course - I think they had a European tour event there a few years back? Love the first and second holes - that second hole with the elevated green protected by trees at the back is beautiful. There's also an awesome par 5 right at the start of the back nine - tee shot hit over a ridge, lazy seven iron for a layup to another elevated green. Final par three is memorable too - in all I think it's the best course I play regularly.
    Yeah I think they had a tour event at selsdon park after they replaced magpie hall lane on the rota.
  • Options
    Playing Kingswood on Tuesday - anyone here played there? Supposed to be a lovely little course, and been meaning to give it a go for months.
    yes it is a very nice course ..havent played there for a long time ...v good condition and greens were v fast ..one particular green on the back nine was my downfall with a 4 putt from about 12 ft 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

looking at playing warley park or riegate hill on friday.

any reviews appreciated, especially how they are this time of year.

• Options
    Never played Reigate Hill, but Warley Park is an absolute nightmare for putting. I played there about six months back, the greens were ridiculous, and I've never seen pin placements like that outside of a major. Course itself is OK though - and was in very good condition. Of course, this was summer, so no idea whether there are temproary greens in play during the winter or whether the course drains well. From memory, play loops 1 & 3 - the 3rd in particular is nice, and has a beautiful closing hole (downhill par 3)
  • Options
    You guys every play further over into Kent?

Love golf but struggle to find anywhere affordable
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've played Reigate Hills a few times & quite like the course   -  par 3 eigth downhill is a classic and so are the closing 4 or 5 holes, Never played it in winter but I would assume its ok and probably drains quite well.

As for affordable courses in Kent............just depends where you want to play. Kent, Surrey and Berkshire are probably the most expensive courses in the UK but there are a few low cost ones around if you look and are not too choosey. In Kent you could try The Ridge (Sutton Valence), West Malling (2 courses), Sittingbourne, Tudor Park (Maidstone),Hemstead Forest, Lydd,  ...............then there are the cheaper pay & play at Birchwood, Cray Valley (2 courses), Southern Valley (Gravesend), Poult Wood (Tonbridge) & Cobtree (Maidstone) 

Any further info then just ask.............I'm not called golfaddick for nothing !!!  lol

• Options
    I was a member at West Malling for three years - decent tracks, good value for money - find a good time midweek to play is my suggestion.
  • Options
    Play mainly at cray valley. Great value for money on the twilight deals. Not a fan of birchwood but would recommend pedham place which has recently been refurbished. Bit too cold for gold at the moment but will have to tart getting out early new year. Where is the charlton life tournament played?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

golfFlorida Addick said......

Played for the first time at the weekend after finding some brand new mizuno irons in the triple garage , even in the 90 degree heat playing at Sawgrass I managed to birdie every hole and on the 3 par 5's I got eagles . Got 2 hole in ones ( one on a par 4 ) and won the longest drive on the IBM golf day . Luckily I had my gorgeous red hot BA honours 23 year old girlfriend ( I am 46 btw ) caddying for me and even got a cheeky BJ on the 12th . I got the beers in at the clubhouse using my black Amex , got cheered out of there by the members and as we were crossing the car park I wrestled with an alligator that was nicking balls off the putting green . Take the game up guys , you will love it ! lifes great for me

Nice one mate
  • Options
    Quality!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    any reason why you strated off pretending to currupted a thread of mine ????   Not sure if you were trying to make a point oir was just trying to be funny...........not really bothered either way but just interested why you couldn't just post it normally and not pretend it started off as someone else's thread .
  • Options
    @shag,

Superb ! Proper laughing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    any reason why you strated off pretending to currupted a thread of mine ????   Not sure if you were trying to make a point oir was just trying to be funny...........not really bothered either way but just interested why you couldn't just post it normally and not pretend it started off as someone else's thread .
    Because golf my old friend , in the past when you pressed quote you could change the username to the one you wanted so it looked they had posted it . In this instance I randomly chose your post and thought I would still be able to change the username , but the charlton life old bill have banned that particular favourite game of mine . And this is the result
  • Options
    thanks for explaing that shag ;-)
  • Options
    brilliant one Shag
  • Options
    Where's the photos?
  • Options
    Here she is feeling my wood
  • Options
    Brilliant Shag !
  • Options

Brilliant Shag !
    You know her then?
  • Options
    What the fuck has happened to my lovely thread on Golf?

Played Selsdon Park today - and it didn't go well. I pretty much had the opposite of the round referenced above by shag. Stupid f***ing game. :o)
  • Options
    What the fuck has happened to my lovely thread on Golf?

Played Selsdon Park today - and it didn't go well. I pretty much had the opposite of the round referenced above by shag. Stupid f***ing game. :o)
    How can you enjoy playing in this weather?
  • Options
    Love the game. Have been playing off and on now for 35 years. Had some great laughs and played on some wonderfull courses over the years. Never had a hole in one, witnessed three. First ever round Lullingstone August 1976. Last time out October 2011 West Waterford ROI.