Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

1235»

Comments

• Options
    What the fuck has happened to my lovely thread on Golf?

Played Selsdon Park today - and it didn't go well. I pretty much had the opposite of the round referenced above by shag. Stupid f***ing game. :o)
    How can you enjoy playing in this weather?
    What - you mean hazy sunshine, a cool breeze and not a drop of rain?
  • Options
    Just looked up Selsdon Park. Looks pretty decent. 

You a buggy man or a walker? Says a lot about a person does that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

sorry to here that Leroy............but you know the reason why we keep playing the stupid game is that the next round you play could be your best ever !! 

stick at it my son !!!!!!

• Options
    Selsdon's lovely - but a challenge. Just shy of 6500 yards, so not outrageously long, but it feels like it. VERY hilly too - but to answer your second point, I'm a walker :) Actually, I use a manual trolley, so more like something in between :)

I know golfie - never ceases to amaze me how good I can be one week and how dreck the next. Only played two over my handicap today, but it felt like a lot more - actually not too bad at all tee to green, but my putting was awful. Next time out I'll be better!
  • Options

Agree Leroy I used to pay a lot and belong to a club but couldn't stand 90% of the people there. The game is great but it's the people who play it that drive me crazy plus you have to wear clothes that make you look like you've been dressed by your mum!

Also the game has too many rules that not even the pros know or understand which causes all sorts of problems and arguments just make it simpler and it would be a better game.