Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amy Winehouse-Died RIP

Apparently has died...according to the editor of the Sunday Mirror on twitter...would be a sick joke if not true.

Comments

• Options
    wouldnt suprise me. mess of a human being.
  • Options
    Nothing on any of the news channels.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I hope she's changed her will or an old mate of mine stands to be very rich indeed

how has she gone before Doherty?

the 27 club as well
  • Options
    Sky News has confirmed it.
  • Options
    Just been confirmed on sky....................Very sad. Such a waste of talent. yeah, she fucked her life up with drugs, but what a great voice she had.  R.I.P
  • Options

RIP - a great voice, great songs but the lyrics hinted at the demons within.

• Options

Seems to have been a drugs overdose.

• Options
    obviously sad for her family but i have trouble sympathising with people that have so much talent and wealth yet abuse it.

she had many chances to sort her life out but didnt listen.
  • Options
    obviously sad for her family but i have trouble sympathising with people that have so much talent and wealth yet abuse it.

she had many chances to sort her life out but didnt listen.

She had serious mental health issues - I wouldn't be so quick to judge or condemn.
  • Options
    Very very sad.

A brilliant singer and writer who could have done so much had she given herself a chance.

Both of the albums are great IMHO.

Whatever some people might want to say just such a waste of great talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad.
  • Options
    Silly girl. She threw it all away. RIP
  • Options
    Thats very shocking and sad......I hope she can now rest in peace
  • Options
    How very sad. A rare talent and troubled soul. RIP.
  • Options
    It's sad when anyone dies, particularly someone so young.

Have to say though, I'm not exactly surprised. She's been a total mess for a while now. Sad.

Not sure I'd go with the "Alltime Great' that they keep banging on about the telly though.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. I guess the demons won and music lost.
  • Options
    what a shame that is, i find it all very sad... isnt the first and wont be the last to go out like that, famous or not!
  • Options
    Rip quality singer quality albums , troubled individual, drugs just ruin lives but are so addictive they take hold and destr
  • Options
    Dermott O'leary who does a great Saturday afternoon show on Radio 2 has just started to play one of her first live sessions she did for him on the show ages ago....what a great voice she had....but as has been said the demons won!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    The price for trying to handle fame. Many similar examples down the years both in sport & the music industry. God bless her. 
  • Options
    very sad indeed such a talent! the drugs and metal health isuws is very sad thing an ex of mine had the same problems and pasted away after overdose! RIP AMY
  • Options
    Blimey, it's only yesterday when I heard an interview where Tony Bennett described her as one of the best singers he has duetted with.
  • Options
    Hopefully something good might come out of this and the image of drugs being "cool & Rock n Roll" (which she played a part in creating) may make some sit up and smell the coffee.

Really don't want to be disrespectful to her family but her dad always came across as someone milking the fame and riding his daughters bandwagon (inc his cheesyTerry Venables type singing career) Rather than actually trying to help her.

She could have achieved so much more. Such a great voice and after meeting her about 5 years ago (faimily member works in music industry) she really came across as a nice humble human being.
  • Options
    Simply tragic,

• Options
    Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.
  • Options
    Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

And I hope you include the tabloid media in that and all those that never left her alone.
  • Options
    I doubt this tragedy is going to put people off taking drugs, it never has done before. People will continue to take and die from drugs, it's a fact of life. Just need to show support and love to those with a drug problem and hope that they can get through that awful disease. RIP
  • Options

Not sure Doherty ever made any money out of her.

R.I.P.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!