Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amy Winehouse-Died RIP

Comments

• Options
    Disappointed with a lot of these comments and how this thread is more popular than the Norway one.

[/moral high ground]

R.I.P. Talent lady.
  • Options
    It was tragically obvious that she desperately needed help from her last tour, she needed an intervention and to be sectioned for her own safety. Her father knew he could intervene but the worse she got the more publicity she got and the more records she sold. People stopped buying tickets to her concerts to listen to her music but instead to watch her stumble and fail. 

This is very sad she was 27!!! she wasn't much more than a child when she started killing herself, shame on those who let it happen, and even more so shame on those that watched it who had the power to stop it. A great talent too.

R.I.P Amy, may you now find your peace :-((  
  • Options
    The thing that many of u are miss understanding is that you couldn't just section Amy because she took drugs,

You also are mis understanding how much influence her father had on her life,

If you have had the misfortune to be around drunks or people how have a drug problem then you will know how selfish and ruthless they will be to get the next drink or fix,

The hurt that the family goes through without having to deal with a loss ontop of that is unbearable,

There's 1 person to blame 1 person responsible

Amy whinehouse no one else,

• Options

Libertines, Strokes, Arctic Monkeys...don't really matter who's this or that in the context of a young girl dying.

RIP

• Options

Great voice --- how sad it is that it isnt a shock.

RIP

• Options
    Disappointed with a lot of these comments and how this thread is more popular than the Norway one.

[/moral high ground]

R.I.P. Talent lady.
    I agree. My wife heard about this on the news yesterday and didn't mention it, but Amy W dies and she tells me straightaway. We're talking about 90+ people killed against one person essentially killing herself. I don't get that.
  • Options
    Sad but not really surprising. Don't know her so not going to comment on her private life. Don't think you can blame the press as these things work both ways, the stars crave the attention sell there weddings to hello etc and then bemoan press intrusion. Feel sorry for her family, would say friends but I doubt she had many real friends otherwise this may not have happened. Anyway she is at peace now.
  • Options
    So sad at such an age and such a talent. I don't think there has been (imho) a better female artist around in recent years and maybe many decades before that..... and to deliver records with such feeling and soul. Farewell and Rest In Peace Amy.
  • Options
    God bless amy rip pure quality artist.

I won't comment on the petty comments
    On this thread regarding a father who has just lost his daughter. Very shameful
  • Options
    Heard someone say on the radio that she was a the most influential female artist of the last 30 years. What a total pile of horse shit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard someone say on the radio that she was a the most influential female artist of the last 30 years. What a total pile of horse shit. 
    Totally Agree
  • Options
    Totally Agree

Agree although maybe this isn't the place for that debate
  • Options
    A tragic loss of a talented singer. RIP
  • Options

Very sad that someone died at 27 particularly from drugs if that was indeed the case.

What I know about modern popular music can be written on the back of a postage stamp but, from my limited knowledge, she had a distinctive voice which would have graced any era I've heard.

• Options
    Jesus, what a shock. RIP
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    so so sad. i used to knock around with a lad many years who was her first boyfriend when she was 16, more a friend of a friend but i remember him telling me all about her and calling her a jewish princess.

i really don't understand the reason why people need to compare this to the norway tragedy.

posted by les (dec)
  • Options
    Doherty and the Libertines are modern art. Load of crap, but it suddenly becomes intelligent to listen to the crap and make out that you can hear something great. Even though others say it's crap.Same people stand in the White Cube staring for hours at a stuffed rat.

Who said anything about killing him? I said I would hand him the needle, that's different.

Let's drop the considered opinion here. We are talking about a useless talentless twat who is a waste of time and a young girl who is quite possibly one of the greatest talents this country has ever produced. We might as well discuss and compare Darren Bent and Dickie Plumb.
  • Options
    I heard it at the Calgary Folk Festival today, had no idea - it was announced from the stage by Bernie Worrell (if you know your music) - he played a tribute to her alongside Vernon Reid, DJ Logic, Melvin Gibbs & Blackbyrd McKinght - that spoke volumes about her standing in the music industry. Very sad.
  • Options
    Terribly sad waste of life from one of the most unique and talented artists Britain has produced in decades.

The tragedy is that her untimely death comes as a surprise to no-one.

• Options
    Sad to see such a waste of life and talent. Those of you using this as a stick to beat other people with, need to take a look at yourselves. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Amy was a failrly talented girl at 16, grabbed by the 'music industry' and turned into a cash machine. Mediocre songs, good karaokee skills, ersatz soul music, huge publicity campaign.  A few tattoos, beehive hairstyle, radical make-up, drastic weight loss and Amy is famous. As the drink and drugs necessary to maintain her image and her talent took over her life, she became more famous as an object of tabloid derision. Chased along the street by 'journalists' and papparazzi, no peace, no real family or friends to fall back on, no loved ones to come to her aid. The song rehab became a self fulfilling prophecy. Amy did not have a talent to last for years. She was a shooting pop star

Amy is a victim in a modern real world tradegy. A victim of a media-mafia animal that devours anything and anyone in its path. Did she seek fame and fortune or did fame and fortune seek her out, hunt her down and devour her as just another product ?

Whatever, rest in peace Amy Winehouse 

• Options
    Lincs, disagree completely about her talent. She had a great voice and was a very able writer.

I don't know and neither do you if she had "no real friends or family to fall back on". That is just more spin from media you so deride.

Yes the media and music industry use and abuse people. They always have just as musicians have always used drugs of one sort or another. Doesn't make it right but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

Not sure Doherty ever made any money out of her.

<>

R.I.P.

Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

R.I.P.

Doherty did make money out her cos no one would have even known who he was if it wasn't for her

They appeal to totally different audiences.

Both Libertines albums were released almost 3  years before Back to black the album that arguably bought Winehouse to the pinnacle of her career.

What you mean is you would never have heard of them if they hadn't happened to have been friends.

• Options
    I find it hard to believe that anyone who has really listened to her singing is unable to recognise a very special voice and talent. Whether or not it requires pain and angst to produce such incredible sounds will always be up for debate, but she had talent in abundance.  Musicians, creative genius, drugs and a self destruct mechanism have always been there swirling around together. I'm just sad that she has gone. 
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Another one for the 27 club.
  • Options
    shit ive still got 6 months till im 28
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I don't think he's her dad either. I know a few people with mental health issues and/or addictions that are in and out of hospital. Luckily, despite not having a pot to piss in or any real backup system, they've managed to carry on with their lives. It's a shame that a multi-millionaire with a huge backup system (eg a record label that could fund clinic stays etc) couldn't. But as it seems to happen so often not to people in the public eye (the only footballer suicide I'm aware of is Justin Fashnau, can't think of any recent TV/actor ones either) but particularly to pop stars, I have to lay the blame not at Amy herself's door but the that of the labels and the rest of music industry. RIP.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

how sad it is that it isnt a shock.

RIP

sums it up perfectly
  • Options
    Sad that someone so young was blinded by drugs and alcohol.

But I do not feel sorry for her. I feel terrible for her family.

She led herself to drugs and she dragged herself back to them again and again.

Sad waste of talent and life
  • Options

Not sure Doherty ever made y money out of her.

<>

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Doherty did make money out her cos no one would have even known who he was if it wasn't for her

They appeal to totally different audiences.

Both Libertines albums were released almost 3  years before Back to black the album that arguably bought Winehouse to the pinnacle of her career.

What you mean is you would never have heard of them if they hadn't happened to have been friends.

Sorry but im not having that. I don't claim to know everything about music (especially re this whole Indie/rock vibe that everyone's jumped on in the last few years) but I don't know anyone when discussing Doherty who would have described him as anything other than 'that crackhead who went out with Amy Winehouse'.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!