Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amy Winehouse-Died RIP

Comments

• Options
    Tabloid media comes with the job. She needed help and nobody could give it. Even sadder than Billie Holiday who at least got to 44.
    It was those that left her alone that can hang their heads in shame.
    TRAGIC WASTE
  • Options
    Shouldn't really mention Doherty and Winehouse in the same sentence. One a real talent, the other NO TALENT at all. Only drugs linked them.
    Would love to see Doherty pop, would hand him the needle as well.
  • Options
    Tabloid media comes with the job. She needed help and nobody could give it. Even sadder than Billie Holiday who at least got to 44.
    It was those that left her alone that can hang their heads in shame.
    TRAGIC WASTE
    do you really think she wanted to blessed with an incredible talent? Nobody deserves the hounding some celebrities get these days.
  • Options

Very sad RIP. Was never a fan or that keen on her but a young talented person dying is such a waste especially at the hands of drugs.

• Options
    Shouldn't really mention Doherty and Winehouse in the same sentence. One a real talent, the other NO TALENT at all. Only drugs linked them.
    again, you're really showing your ignorance.

Doherty, depsite the drug problems was one of the main songwriters for one of the most important British band this century. You switch on the radio and half the bands on there are doing their best to sound like the libertines.

Wishing death on some one who is sick (and drug addiction is an illness, a fatal one) is disgusting.
  • Options
    Tragic waste of talent RIP.
  • Options

Can't say I was ever a fan myself and always thought she was overrated but anyone who dies that young is a sad story. Absolutley no shock at all though. She was a very frustrating and, can't help but feel, ungrateful waste of a talent.

RIP all the same

• Options
    Think that's a load of tosh, there's so many people who have no clue who the libertines are. I think you'll find most bands try to sound like arctic monkeys, strokes etc

• Options

Classy.
  • Options

Think that's a load of tosh, there's so many people who have no clue who the libertines are. I think you'll find most bands try to sound like arctic monkeys, strokes etc

This is true. Played with so many bands over the last year or so and more often then not, they're all trying their best to sound exactly like Arctic Monkeys. And it's very annoying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

Not sure Doherty ever made any money out of her.

<>

R.I.P.

Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

R.I.P.

Doherty did make money out her cos no one would have even known who he was if it wasn't for her
  • Options
    RIP Amy. Great Singer.
  • Options
    Keep it respectful folks getting a bit harsh to be honest,

A father has lost a daughter and from what I cacn gather none of you knew her or him so you can't comment on these rights and wrongs
  • Options

JaShea99 think most people would have heard of Doherty before Winehouse, I know I did.

• Options

all the chat on here and i cant help thinking of one name, showing my age here... but zamo said no!

• Options

<>

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Doherty did make money out her cos no one would have even known who he was if it wasn't for her
    Your music knowledge is gash...
  • Options
    again, you're really showing your ignorance.

Doherty, depsite the drug problems was one of the main songwriters for one of the most important British band this century. You switch on the radio and half the bands on there are doing their best to sound like the libertines.

Wishing death on some one who is sick (and drug addiction is an illness, a fatal one) is disgusting.
    Masicat: You really hate the guy that much? wow, he must have done something really bad to you. Did he dare to sing a song you don't like?

I personally find him hugely overrated and don't go for his sound but to want to kill him? jeez.............

And Kentaddick: one of the most important bands this century? I know we're only 11 years into it but I  can think of so many other bands that blow the libertines away..............
  • Options
    So so  sad, a very distinctive and rare talent that seemed set on an unstoppable path of destruction. I loved her voice.
  • Options
    Pete doherty for all his wrongs as a human, his early music and the libertiens was superb as a group they were cutting edge , really good music.

• Options

And who do you think the arctic monkeys sounded like when they first came out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to be brutally honest here and say I never liked her music, or her as a person. No I didn't know her personally, but she came across as a drugged up waster who seemed to hide behind her addictions and vices.

Anyone who is in the media spotlight and abuses drugs, in my eyes, isn't worthy of our pity if they overdo it and die from it.

RIP Amy, and may you find harmony within the afterlife
  • Options
    Please don't let the attention seeking shock jock views of just a few dominate. Please just ignore.

Hearing people die in their twenties is incredibly sad. Rip.
  • Options

And who do you think the arctic monkeys sounded like when they first came out?
    bay city rollers.............
  • Options
    RIP; very sad how this has all turned out. Her ska album was something.
  • Options
    And Kentaddick: one of the most important bands this century? I know we're only 11 years into it but I  can think of so many other bands that blow the libertines away..............
    Like who? Chances are those same bands were heavily influenced by the libertines, arctic monkeys, etc. That entire wave of indie music was inspired by the libertines.

• Options
    RIP; very sad how this has all turned out. Her ska album was something.
    Yeah. She was at brixton when i went to see the Specials 2 yrs ago. was half expecting her to get up and join in.
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys main influence was The Strokes. The Libertines are only known because of the antics of Doherty. Their records are average to poor.
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys main influence was The Strokes. The Libertines are only known because of the antics of Doherty. Their records are average to poor.
    Amen to that, they're not a patch on The Strokes IMO
  • Options
    Completely sad. Amy only ever directly hurt herself and it has sadly overcome her.

Those of you who don't seem to understand that mental anguish/illness is every bit as bad as cancer need to... speechless.

• Options
    RIP

Tragic loss. I never thought she'd see old age.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!