Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amy Winehouse-Died RIP

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Sorry but im not having that. I don't claim to know everything about music (especially re this whole Indie/rock vibe that everyone's jumped on in the last few years) but I don't know anyone when discussing Doherty who would have described him as anything other than 'that crackhead who went out with Amy Winehouse'.
    Pete Doherty went out with Amy Winehouse?
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Okay tragic, but her life was a total car crash - was always going to end this way. Strange how Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin all died aged 27 and had very similar 'life styles'. They are actually being called 'The 27 Club'....

• Options
    Well whatever, I'm sure they shagged a few times
  • Options

Okay tragic, but her life was a total car crash - was always going to end this way. Strange how Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin all died aged 27 and very similar 'life styles'. They are actually being called 'The 27 Club'....

Billy Bragg says all this 27 club stuff is nonsense and is media glorification of the unacceptable, i AGREE ..  all the named are victims of drugs, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle. Ok for a few years in your early 20s but catches up and kills yer in yer late 20s 
  • Options

Okay tragic, but her life was a total car crash - was always going to end this way. Strange how Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin all died aged 27 and had very similar 'life styles'. They are actually being called 'The 27 Club'....

few boy bands heading to that age.................

Feel sorry for the family she has left behind that tried to help her ....she had a great voice ....but to many WRONG friends .

• Options
    Priceless
  • Options
    I defo remember reading that and come on, not hard to believe it is it. Just picture them lying in a dirty flat, needles everywhere, out of their faces. Must have happened.

Anyway point is, whatever linked them, Winehouse put Doherty on the map or on the mainstream map let's say
  • Options
    Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

Not sure Doherty ever made y money out of her.

<>

R.I.P.

Her dad, the twat Doherty and quite a few others will hang their heads in shame tonight. Gravy train has gone.

Not sure Doherty ever made any money out of her.

R.I.P.

Doherty did make money out her cos no one would have even known who he was if it wasn't for her

They appeal to totally different audiences.

Both Libertines albums were released almost 3  years before Back to black the album that arguably bought Winehouse to the pinnacle of her career.

What you mean is you would never have heard of them if they hadn't happened to have been friends.

Sorry but im not having that. I don't claim to know everything about music (especially re this whole Indie/rock vibe that everyone's jumped on in the last few years) but I don't know anyone when discussing Doherty who would have described him as anything other than 'that crackhead who went out with Amy Winehouse'.

You say you don't know anything about indie music. Well that's clear. If you did you would know that Pete Docherty is one artist and The Libertines are a band who have absolutely fuck all to do with Winehouse. Fuck all to do with her and her style of music. I have no idea why they've even been brought up in this thread.

As for Amy's death. Sad, forseeable but nothing new. It happens to people everywhere everyday. Addiction kills.
    The Norway tragedy is that. A tragedy. But of course the media and most idiots will be far more interested in this story. But that's the world we live in I guess.
  • Options

Henry Irving

JaShea99 said:

Priceless

Henry you are being a bit unfair on Ja.  After all he is a person with a degree in fucking (as we have seen from an earlier thread) and no doubt his comment is borne of the sort of in depth research and no careful consideration which has come to define his contribution to the CL forum.
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True Legal, I bow before his superior knowledge of the carnal arts and as you say the in-depth research and careful consideration that is his trademark
  • Options
    "The indie/rock vibe that everyones jumped on in the past few years" WTF is he on about? As I said some people need to take a long hard look at themselves as human beings... 
  • Options
    Dont feel one ounce of compassion for her. No one pinned her down and forced crack, skag and god knows what else into her. Some people around her tried to help but ultimately its pretty clear she didnt want to help herself.

There has only been one tradgedy in the last few days.
  • Options
    "The indie/rock vibe that everyones jumped on in the past few years" WTF is he on about? As I said some people need to take a long hard look at themselves as human beings... 

How can there be any confusion about that sentence?
  • Options
    "Everyone"?

"Past few years"

"Jumped on"

Not confusion, bafflement at the assumptions.
  • Options
    Well I don't know why you're taking my words so literally but do you not remember the (seemingly) overnight explosion of rock/indie/whatever they wanna call it this year, around about (off the top of my head) 2003/2004?! Every (not literally but most) band that had been knocking about in their shed for years playing free gigs suddenly became famous and got rich off the back of the fact that rock music was back with a new name and was cool.

Given your negative response to pretty much every post I submit I don't expect you to say yes to this, so point is probably wasted on you.
  • Options
    agree with clem
  • Options
    Well I don't know why you're taking my words so literally but do you not remember the (seemingly) overnight explosion of rock/indie/whatever they wanna call it this year, around about (off the top of my head) 2003/2004?! Every (not literally but most) band that had been knocking about in their shed for years playing free gigs suddenly became famous and got rich off the back of the fact that rock music was back with a new name and was cool.

Given your negative response to pretty much every post I submit I don't expect you to say yes to this, so point is probably wasted on you.

Do you remember the 90's?
  • Options
    How can there be any confusion about that sentence?
    No confusion. It just confirms you have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Yes I remember the 90s well; spice girls, back street boys, britney spears. 90s was POP ask anyone. Not even saying one genre was better than the other, just saying u didn't have all these 'killers', 'kaiser chiefs', 'razorlight' 'kings of leon' 'libertines' etc.

And don't question my music knowledge cos just last year I did a 12,000 word dissertation on music
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes I remember the 90s well; spice girls, back street boys, britney spears. 90s was POP ask anyone. Not even saying one genre was better than the other, just saying u didn't have all these 'killers', 'kaiser chiefs', 'razorlight' 'kings of leon' 'libertines' etc. And don't question my music knowledge cos just last year I did a 12,000 word dissertation on music
    was it music to make love to?
  • Options
    Yes I remember the 90s well; spice girls, back street boys, britney spears. 90s was POP ask anyone. Not even saying one genre was better than the other, just saying u didn't have all these 'killers', 'kaiser chiefs', 'razorlight' 'kings of leon' 'libertines' etc.

And don't question my music knowledge cos just last year I did a 12,000 word dissertation on music
    You, Sir, are a fucking moron.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    fucking moron PhD
  • Options

as Noel Gallagher once said "before we (oasis) came along indie bands were happy coming in the charts at 26 and going missing the following week and playing a sold out gig at the oxford zodiac , we changed all that"

the explosion in indie happened in 1994 pal
  • Options
    How the hell did u think up that comeback so quickly?! The banter on this site is mental
  • Options

I take it you failed?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    fucking moron PHD
    Dr Fucking Moron, reading indie rock.
  • Options
    How the hell did u think up that comeback so quickly?! The banter on this site is mental
    Magic!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is this bloke for real? I didn't think people that stupid made it past their tenth birthday - don't they usually drown in quarries, or get run over by cars picking up pennies in the road, or get hit by trains playing on railway tracks?
  • Options
    2:1. This is such a waste of my life
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!