Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Thread

Comments

• Options

Shag said:

I'm a regular in the duck and waffle

Don't you feel out of place?

I doubt he is with the waffle
  • Options

Shag said:

I'm a regular in the duck and waffle

Don't you feel out of place?

Oi oi , Sooze is back from lunch , watch out ...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hehe. I couldn't resist. Sorry. Frustration of no alcohol since December perhaps!

Certainly don't get a lunch! Too busy answering emails to 'customers' on behalf of my boss. (!)
  • Options
    Went to Daphne's Italian in Draycott Avenue last weekend. The maitre d' wouldn't have looked out of place in Goodfellas.

Food and service both excellent.
  • Options
    Inside in Greenwich is OK for a bistro type thing.
  • Options
    Anyone tried Miller & Carter at Bexley?

Been to one in Cardiff and really liked it, am take the firm there on Sunday.
  • Options

Miller and carter Bexley is bang on mate go there quiet a lot and have never had a bad meal
  • Options
    Echo what Smiffy said, very reasonable and a gentle step up from a Beefeater. Really like going there.

The Turkish in Sidcup @suzisausage‌ mentions Shish and Mangel, went there just after it opened. They had over booked so had a wait and was generally disorganised, but you can't really go wrong with that sort of grub. Good value and good grub. Will be going back.
  • Options
    Interestingly, I've now been to the same restaurant in three different cuisines, Chinese, Mexican and now Turkish
  • Options
    Been out and about last few weekends...

Finally got to try Chapter One at Locksbottom. Only had the set Sunday lunch menu but blimey, the food was bloody lovely. £22.95 per head was great value too. Would definitely recommend it and will be going back soon.

Until the weekend, I'd never tried Sushi. The thought of raw fish has never really sat well with me but have always wanted to try it but never had the balls to do so. So the Mrs dragged me to Roka at Canary Wharf.

Three main brunch menus, £42/£55/£65 perhead I think. Bellini or Bloody Mary on arrival, unlimited starters from the buffet, one main course from the grill and a desert. Came away bloody stuffed. We had the Blackened Cod which was out of this world and the Fillet Steak which was fab. Oh...and did I mention unlimited wine? Jeez, our legs were wobbling on the way out.

Off to Boisedale next week which is supposed to be nice!

Love the Miller and Carter. Never had a bad rib eye steak in there :)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Boisdale on Eccleston st?

I must try roka. Not heard a bad word about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hippodrome. Steak and lobster plus glass of Kia royal for £20 then you get a £10 gambling chip thrown in which I turned into £30. Perfect. Food was really nice although steak on small side for a tubby chap like myself!

Also did Gaucho in Piccadilly, Parata in Maddox Street and Cafe Murano in St James St a couple of weeks back, all good and would say Parata was the pick from a food perspective although waitress rude.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I went to the Duck and Waffle before christmas. Oh to be young rich and fabulous. What a great place. Very cool indeed.

been a few times, they do some amazing food
  • Options
    Going to the West House in Biddenden in a few weeks time. Anyone been?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Finally got to try Chapter One at Locksbottom. Only had the set Sunday lunch menu but blimey, the food was bloody lovely. £22.95 per head was great value too. Would definitely recommend it and will be going back soon.

Until the weekend, I'd never tried Sushi. The thought of raw fish has never really sat well with me but have always wanted to try it but never had the balls to do so. So the Mrs dragged me to Roka at Canary Wharf.

Three main brunch menus, £42/£55/£65 perhead I think. Bellini or Bloody Mary on arrival, unlimited starters from the buffet, one main course from the grill and a desert. Came away bloody stuffed. We had the Blackened Cod which was out of this world and the Fillet Steak which was fab. Oh...and did I mention unlimited wine? Jeez, our legs were wobbling on the way out.

Chapter One is nice but don't book the first sitting. They rush you.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

which one are you off to mate?
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Chapter One is nice but don't book the first sitting. They rush you.

Yes, meant to say that. We had the 2:45pm sitting, so was last in the afternoon service yet they still moved us off to the bar as quick as they could so they could get the room ready for evening service!
  • Options

which one are you off to mate?

Canary Wharf.

• Options
    Roka sounds excellent ...must give that a go
  • Options
    Noodle Time, Greenwich. Cheap as chips, basic but the footfall tells you it's great food.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roka brunch is quality , £55 a head one is worth it . Take the dustbins too but you'll need to book
  • Options
    My Mum turns a sprightly 80 at Easter and we want to take her to a top class restaurant in Town.
    Can anyone recommend a place they've enjoyed that combines great food with a lovely setting? Ta.
  • Options

My Mum turns a sprightly 80 at Easter and we want to take her to a top class restaurant in Town.
    Can anyone recommend a place they've enjoyed that combines great food with a lovely setting? Ta.

Here you go mate.

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/londons-best-outdoor-dining

Personally recommend 'Angler', especially if your mum likes her fish/seafood.
  • Options
    Tried the Thai Moom in Petts Wood the other week. Very nice and very reasonable (mate paid the bill).
  • Options

Noodle Time, Greenwich. Cheap as chips, basic but the footfall tells you it's great food.

Loved going in there....excellent food can't beat Singapore noodles.
  • Options
    Was taken to Boisdale at Canary Wharf yesterday for my birthday lunch. Potted smoked mackerel with horseradish chantilly & toast to start, rib-eye steak and creamed spinach with black truffle for main and sticky toffee pudding to finish. Almost 24 hours later, I still feel full. Can safely say thats the nicest meal I've had in, well, ever. Could get used to eating in these nice restaurants.

For the MILs birthday, we went to Due Amici in Chislehurst last Wednesday. Very nice food too.
  • Options
    Went to The Big Easy in Covent Garden yesterday, good food, but overbearing waiters.
  • Options
    Anyone eaten in Flavours of Morocco in Bexley?