Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Restaurant Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• stonemuse said:
    So we did go to Pomus on Friday before our gig in Margate. Very nice! (Reminder former copper and ink fella). He wasn’t there, the other co owner was. Funnily enough spotted the copper and ink couple in the window in a restaurant in broadstairs last weekend. Checking out the competition. Not kebbels, the one by the cinema. 
    What’s the food like?

it was great in Copper and Ink. 
    Nice, changes regularly but this was our menu. We had focaccia bread, chicken karaage, octopus, potatoes and lamb. All of it tremendous. 
    I can’t even work out what cuisine that menu is! 🤣
  • Sidcup Special?
  • Was at a car show in Bearsted today and had a lovely roast in The White Horse there.
  • My brother went there last week and said it was excellent 
  • Smith’s in Wapping or Ongar is trumpy but well worth it , mainly a fish restaurant but can’t be beaten (Curbishley goes in there as well ) 
  • Copper and Ink closure / Pomus & Fifteen Sqm openings have happened very quickly.
  • edited August 18
    mendonca said:
    Copper and Ink closure / Pomus & Fifteen Sqm openings have happened very quickly.
    When we went to pomus we were chatting to the owner (not Tony) and he seemed like a nice fella askinf what we liked and how we heard about it. Explained we’d been to copper and ink and loved Kent seaside resorts and the food/drink scene. He didn’t mention Tony had left, but said that he wasn’t focussing on pricy food and mentioned he thought copper and ink was expensive (although it was Blackheath so within their right to charge a lot) he didn’t mention Tony had moved on. Weird coincidence to see Tony and wife in broadstairs the week before. Would defo go pomus again and look forward to trying 15 sq ft when next in broadstairs 

• Smith’s in Wapping or Ongar is trumpy but well worth it , mainly a fish restaurant but can’t be beaten (Curbishley goes in there as well ) 
    I quite like Smith’s but I’ve only been to the one in the Paddington Basin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Smith’s in Wapping or Ongar is trumpy but well worth it , mainly a fish restaurant but can’t be beaten (Curbishley goes in there as well ) 
    That one is a different one 
    ‘Smith’s of Wapping’ and ‘Smith’s of Ongar’ are the two I’m referring to 
  • edited August 19
    Solidgone said:
    Smith’s in Wapping or Ongar is trumpy but well worth it , mainly a fish restaurant but can’t be beaten (Curbishley goes in there as well ) 
    That one is a different one 
    ‘Smith’s of Wapping’ and ‘Smith’s of Ongar’ are the two I’m referring to 
    Isn’t this one Smith’s of Paddington? 🤓

@Curb_It saying that she really enjoyed Smith’s of Wapping but aren’t they all under the same franchise?
  • No, the original was Ongar (my wife’s grandad started it and then it was her uncle, now a distant cousin part owns with some other mob)
    wapping might have one similar partner from the Ongar ownership and other owners .
    just those two part of these Smith’s as far as I’m aware 
  • Been to both of those Smiths as my brother lived near to the Ongar one.  But Smiths Wapping is my favourite and try to go a couple of times a year. Obviously not too often. 

And definitely different restaurants to the Paddington one, as is Smiths of Smithfield.