Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant Thread

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Anyone eaten in Flavours of Morocco in Bexley?

We went along there a couple of months ago on a Sunday evening with the intention of trying it and found it was closed unfortunately. Hopefully will get to try it one day.
  • Options
    Only just opened this thread. Has Luciano's in Lee been mentioned already? Pretty good.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Only just opened this thread. Has Luciano's in Lee been mentioned already? Pretty good.

Excellent place. Run by the son of and named after https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Masiello
  • Options
    Was down at Burger & Lobster in Bond Street for the soft launch today, thought it was the nuts
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Was down at Burger & Lobster in Bond Street for the soft launch today, thought it was the nuts

I find their menu too complex
  • Options
    Tried Stuzzichini in Bexleyheath on Saturday, was very impressed with it
  • Options
    What's good in Greenwich these days, town centre not peninsula?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The food I had in The union pub was the nuts, also the beer is meantime
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm off to Zaika in Kensington tonight - anybody on here been?.
  • Options
    Anyone who likes a curry try the Taj Tandoori in Dunton Green. Always busy so worth booking beforehand. Great food and very reasonable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

The Sunday lunch in The mitre is great
  • Options

Riviera said:

Really looking for a decent restaurant, anything close to what The Spread Eagle used to offer? As a real ale drinker I don't touch Meantime btw.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Really looking for a decent restaurant, anything close to what The Spread Eagle used to offer? As a real ale drinker I don't touch Meantime btw.
    Went to The Rivington Grill in the end, ok but not Riviting, nor Revisiting!
  • Options
    Recommend Locale in Blackheath. Still best steaks in Blackheath and their roast beef Sunday lunch was excellent.
  • Options

Recommend Locale in Blackheath. Still best steaks in Blackheath and their roast beef Sunday lunch was excellent.

Never have steak or a Sunday lunch in a restaurant, two meals that cannot be bettered than home versions.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    Apparently there is a good one in SE7
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Heard bad customer reviews though.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Heard bad customer reviews though.
    True, apparently they keep changing the chef every few minutes
  • Options
    Has anyone been lucky enough to get a table at the Fat Duck before?!

I ask as my Mrs has managed to get us a table in April. Its supposed to be pretty special...and comes with a price tag to match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to Brasserie Zedel in Sherwood St, just off Piccadilly Circus when we were back in December. Beautifully decorated in art deco style, and good food.
  • Options
    Went to 'Piquet' just off Oxford Street before Christmas. Really nice meal - http://piquet-restaurant.co.uk/

Eating at 'Picture' tomorrow night. Really looking forward to their 6 course tasting menu. Will report back - http://picturerestaurant.co.uk/
  • Options

Went to Brasserie Zedel in Sherwood St, just off Piccadilly Circus when we were back in December. Beautifully decorated in art deco style, and good food.

And excellent value as well.

I had an excellent (but quite expensive) lunch nearby in Bocca di Lupo recently.

• Options
    Just got in from Hakkasan, couldnt recommend it enough! Food was the nuts and wasn't poncy portions like I was expecting!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Just got in from Hakkasan, couldnt recommend it enough! Food was the nuts and wasn't poncy portions like I was expecting!

@CAFCsayer - I entirely agree. We've done a couple of birthday lunches there on Hakkasan's 'Dim Sun Sunday' deal, between 12.00 and 18.45. For £58 a head, you each get a six course meal (including a salad, main course and dessert, in addition to dim sun) plus two cocktails and half a bottle of champagne. You can get the same food and just one cocktail for £48. Excellent food and great value, especially if you're thirsty - http://hakkasan.com/locations/hakkasan-hanway-place/menu/dim-sum-sundays/
  • Options
    Alec's Restaurant, Navestock Side near Brentwood , easily the best fish restaurant in the world and if you have the chocolate profiteroles you'll never eat them anywhere else again.
    A little bit trumpy but definitely worth it if you can get there
  • Options
    Aqua in Blackheath, reasonable for the quality of food.

Morden's next door worth a visit too for a pre-meal drink.
  • Options
    Went to Oslo Court Experience near St John's Wood. Very nice
  • Options

Went to Oslo Court Experience near St John's Wood. Very nice

Love the "dessert" waiter
  • Options

Alec's Restaurant, Navestock Side near Brentwood , easily the best fish restaurant in the world and if you have the chocolate profiteroles you'll never eat them anywhere else again.
    A little bit trumpy but definitely worth it if you can get there

I always get a bit trumpy after a good meal.