Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bury vs. Charlton | 27th August 2011 | Match Preview, Your Teams, Your Predictions, News

Comments

• Options
    Be a tough game, think we will just edge it. 1-2 Charlton (Bwp x 2)
  • Options

Unchanged side, but I'd like to see Francis and Pritchard on the subs bench after their midweek perfomances.

• Options
    I'd retain Elliot between the sticks - in the league matches to date he's done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Cant make my mind up to go or not. Haven't missed a game yet. Cmon persuade me haha
  • Options
    Hope Pritchard is on the bench as he deserves recognition. 1 - 1. 
  • Options
    Cant make my mind up to go or not. Haven't missed a game yet. Cmon persuade me haha

PLEEEEEEESE come, Mikey !! ( IYKWIM)
  • Options
    This will be a tough game.

It's still early days yet and the old Charlton feeling is still there. In this regard I could see a silly loss here.

However, I really am starting to think that this revival is for real. It's more about the performances and the potential that this brings, than the results. Let's face it, we've had numerous false 'dawns' over the last 2 or 3 years where the results have been there but the performances have been dire. Like I said, I do think this is for real so I think we'll win this one.

So, I think this will be a very open game as Bury can only think one way, and that is to attack. This could play into our hands. I think we'll go into a two goal lead again and let's see if Chris is learning about how to hold on to this. I believe 'attack is the best form of defence'. In other words, don't back off when you are two goals up. Maybe at three goals though. :-)

BWP to score at least one. I'll say 3-1 to us.
  • Options
    The players that played on Tuesday that deserve a look in for Saturday are: Hamer, Francis, Mambo, Evina, Green, Pritchard and Benson (although I reckon he's injured).
    I don't think Powell will make 6/7 changes to his starting XI but I hope to see one or two changes (maybe Hamer and Evina) in the starting XI. I hope that Mambo and Pritchard make the bench in for Doc and Hughes.

We have played well this season but I think that changes should be made so that the players that have played the first 4 league matches know that they have to fight for places. 

We really SHOULD be beating Bury if we want to be up there come the end of the season but at the moment they are playing good football. 3-2 to us if we are at the top of our game. Bwp, Jackson and Morrison. Green to get an assist from the bench.
  • Options
    I'm going for a 3-1 win to us, showing Bury how tough this league can be. I think we should be starting Green and Francis not just because of their good performances versus Reading, but also as someone mentioned a few days ago, squad rotation should not just come about via a drop in form, injury or suspension. If we were to keep the same team as we had against Bournemouth, County, Colchester and Scunny teams will begin to do their homework effectively. Fergie does it with his team, and as I consider us to be the Manchester United of League one I think we should do the same. Personally I would like to see Waggy start in the pocket behind BWP. I predict a lot of defence splitting passes from stephens, green, waggy. Sod it, 4-0.
  • Options
    2-1 defeat I reckon. Hope I'm wrong though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-0 win
  • Options
    bury 2 charlton 5 they can score goals and so can we! so a high scoring game in store! our back 5 is good enough but if elliot does leave ben hamer will be brilliant for us this season!!!!
  • Options
    Really really really want to see green start. We know all about his threat from corners/free kicks/long shots BUT waggy has not done a single thing wrong to deserve to lose his place so we have to stick with the wagsta. Im feeling confident going into games at the mo so i think we will win this one
  • Options
    3-1 with Green getting his first goal and us coming from behind

come on you reds!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I think Green for Waggy is the only difficult decision for Chrissy barring any late injuries although coming on and doing well on Tuesday has pronably secured Waggy his place. Everybody has their opinions on who is best in specific positions but there is a golden rule in football that you don't drop a player who is doing well. Squad rotation is a different thing -it is where you rest a player for a lesser, supposed easier game which this one is not. If Powell dropped Waggy he would be sending out the wrong message and he knows it. Green will break into the first team sooner rather than later but he'll do it through consistent performances or injuries.
  • Options
    Bury have shown that they can score goals, so I am expecting a cautious start by us. Not much in it I think, and I am hoping that CP is learning from what I consider were his mistakes in his use and timing  of substitutions against Scunthorpe. We are good enough to still be threatening in the final minutes instead of inviting the opposition to come at us, which is a good way to throw away points. By the way for any nit wits out there, this does not constitute slagging CP off. I am merely recognising that this is Chris's first managerial role, and that there is a learning curve to follow. I'm thinking 2-1 to the mighty Reds.
  • Options
    Well we have gone 2 nil up in each game we've played this season, if we are in the same position again I'd love to see us go for a 3rd to really kill the game off, 2 nil is always a dangerous scoreline...

Confident we can get a result tomorrow, but everyone was confident last weekend and we chucked away a 2 goal lead. If we work harder and want it more than Bury hopefully our extra bit of quality will show through.
  • Options
    Us by the odd goal in three, 1-2 for those who need help.  Who cares who scores
  • Options
    Not going to be an easy game.....we are seen by most other teams in the Division as a team to beat and a 'big' scalp...Bury are a good side as their results so far have shown.....they only sit 3 points behind us.......CP does have a selection dilema in my opinion....Waggy or Green......or even as someone else has suggested...play them both with Hayes stepping down to the bench.....but personally I would switch Waggy for Green and get him to whip in those crosses.....then as Bury tire switch Waggy for Hayes and play him just off BWP....or even switch for BWP and play him just off Hayes.....as a manager it must be good to have selection dilemas all over the park....and goes to show the strength we have in depth, for the first time for many a season!!

Bury 1-3 Addicks....but a hard fought battle.
  • Options
    Had a bad feeling about the scunny game and predicted 2-2.

Got a good feeling about this one, I'm going for 2-0 Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hey Bury fan in peace

We will play good flowing football tomorrow its just how we play now so glad we dont do a sheff wed of 'hoof and hope'

We have one of the most inform strikers in football league this season which is im sure you will know Ryan Lowe (6 in 6).

By all accounts Bury and Charlton legend DEAN KILEY will be in the crowd and probably be on the pitch at some point tomorrow probably doing the prize draw at half time.

Our team will probably consist of one new loan signing made this week by Richie Barker, this was a central defender to probably partner Efe Sodje, the new defender is Ashley Eastham on loand from Blackpool till January i believe.

In our Last 3 games we have Beaten Sheffield Wednesday at home (2-1 Lowe and Mozika) Beaten Wycombe away (2-0 Lowe and M.Jones) Lost against Leicester at home (4-2 Lowe and Jones), so i think you can probably say you will know who our danger man is..

Star Men:

Obviously Ryan Lowe who scored 28 last season 27 in the league and already as i have said got 6 in 6 this season.

Cameron Belford - Goalkeeper - very accrobatic makes a lot of fantastic saves to keep us out of trouble and is very calm and collectd on the ball.

Peter Sweeney - Midfielder - The former FA cup runner up with Millwall is a superb passer of the ball and can supply the team from anywhere he is quality and again ver calm and reads the game very well.

Not going to tell you everything as you never know whos reading ;)

So how many are you hoping to bring up then?

• Options
    Fanny Fanackapan August 25 Quote

PLEEEEEEESE come, Mikey !! ( IYKWIM)

Haha cheers, if one more person persuades me I am there along with a mate.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Mikey please come we would like the money? does that help :) haha
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cheers mate.

Very surprised to see Lowe is 33 in a couple of weeks. Really flourishing late in his career. Is like to hope that you being a decent passing side will hopefully be your downfall tomorrow. I expect a very tough game though, have a feeling you will be very tough at home this season and have a similar one to bournemouth last season.

Only about 500.
  • Options
    haha right, Booking my spot now then
  • Options
    1-1 (Hollands) chances go begging for both teams. Green does come on and makes an impression again, but for Stephens rather than Waggy. Successive draws will disappoint some but 2 wins and a draw from 3 aways is perfectly acceptable. 
  • Options

He is suprisingly old didnt start with pro football till his early 20's i believe and if we have a good season im sure you will see lowey near the top of the goal scoring charts! well to be fair we do only have 1 tough midfielder at the min and that is Mozika loves a good tackle does our Momo and obviously King Efe Sodje loves a tackle! and to tease away fans :)

Its been a long time since I have seen Charlton play so looking forward to it!

my prediction is 4-0 addicks (supperstion you see ;) haha)

• Options

Hey Bury fan in peace

We will play good flowing football tomorrow its just how we play now so glad we dont do a sheff wed of 'hoof and hope'

We have one of the most inform strikers in football league this season which is im sure you will know Ryan Lowe (6 in 6).

By all accounts Bury and Charlton legend DEAN KILEY will be in the crowd and probably be on the pitch at some point tomorrow probably doing the prize draw at half time.

Our team will probably consist of one new loan signing made this week by Richie Barker, this was a central defender to probably partner Efe Sodje, the new defender is Ashley Eastham on loand from Blackpool till January i believe.

In our Last 3 games we have Beaten Sheffield Wednesday at home (2-1 Lowe and Mozika) Beaten Wycombe away (2-0 Lowe and M.Jones) Lost against Leicester at home (4-2 Lowe and Jones), so i think you can probably say you will know who our danger man is..

Star Men:

Obviously Ryan Lowe who scored 28 last season 27 in the league and already as i have said got 6 in 6 this season.

Cameron Belford - Goalkeeper - very accrobatic makes a lot of fantastic saves to keep us out of trouble and is very calm and collectd on the ball.

Peter Sweeney - Midfielder - The former FA cup runner up with Millwall is a superb passer of the ball and can supply the team from anywhere he is quality and again ver calm and reads the game very well.

Welcome Deano

Club report it had sold just over 450 before closing so with walk up I who think about 600?  (wish it was more but seeing as I can't go I can't talk) 
    Sounds like it will be a great match as from what I have seen so far we also play the passing game.  
    You didn't say what you think will be the outcome of the game, I am sure you are thinking a win?

Personally I am going for a slim away win by a goal with a cracking game to be had,  wish I was going now :(

And not only that buy Deano will be there.  I used to sponsor this home shirt alone with some others from here. 
  • Options

Hey Bury fan in peace

Star Men:

Welcome Deano

Club report it had sold just over 450 before closing so with walk up I who think about 600?  (wish it was more but seeing as I can't go I can't talk) 
    Sounds like it will be a great match as from what I have seen so far we also play the passing game.  
    You didn't say what you think will be the outcome of the game, I am sure you are thinking a win?

Personally I am going for a slim away win by a goal with a cracking game to be had,  wish I was going now :(

And not only that buy Deano will be there.  I used to sponsor this home shirt alone with some others from here. 
    Deano is still god to everyone and I reckon 4-0 to you as i have a bit of a superstision i predictied a 5-0 huddersfield win (we drew 1 all) a 4-0 Coventry win ( we won 3-1) a 2-1 bury win v Carlisle (they won 2-0) a 4-0 Sheff wed win (we won 2-1) a 3-0 wycombe win we won (2-0) and a draw on tuesday we lost (4-2) so 4-0 Charlton ;) haha
  • Options
    Peter Sweeney! I used to knock about a but with him when he was at Millwall, didn't realise he was at Bury now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!