Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bury vs. Charlton | 27th August 2011 | Match Preview, Your Teams, Your Predictions, News

Comments

• Options
    Yeah he is fantastic for us!!
  • Options
    Peter Sweeney! I used to knock about a but with him when he was at Millwall, didn't realise he was at Bury now.
    Football friend
  • Options
    Peter Sweeney! I used to knock about a but with him when he was at Millwall, didn't realise he was at Bury now.
    Football friend
    Thank you because you have just made my day at work bareable with a Inbetweeners classic (said in a Alan Partridge voice)
  • Options
    Think you'll find Solly is my football friend.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    S-dog.
  • Options
    If we dont get complacent I hope normal service will resume, a clean sheet.

Bury 0- The Addicks/Robins/Valiants 2
  • Options
    4-0 to Charlton? Hmmm....50-1 on Skybet. £1 stake would cover the train fare.

Looking forward to it. Never made it to Gigg Lane the last time.
  • Options
    3-1 to Charlton COYR!!! BWP to grab 1 while JJ gets another along with Morrison grabbing his first
  • Options
    2-1 to the addicks JJ from the spot and Hayes with the second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As per last week, once again loads of stupidly optimistic predictions. Hopefully a point, more likely a narrow defeat.
  • Options
    agree with you there Damo. They only narrowly got beaten by Leicester, drew with Huddersfield away (Should have won comfortably), beat sheff weds at home and played them off the park. 

Suspect there will be a goal in it either way. 2-1 defeat I think.
  • Options
    @Mike have you actually seen the game already in the future and have just come back to post the score?
  • Options
    oh chill out, sorry if everyone has some confidence in the squad this year.
  • Options
    Haha I'll give you an answer to that at 5pm tomorrow Plaaayer!

We all have confidence in the team but quite a few people predicting us to score 4 or 5 does seem a bit daft, hopefully ill look like an idiot come tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    Oh ok no worries, Yeah hope so lol
  • Options
    1-2 to us. BWP and Green
  • Options
    Wouldn't say it's thats daft. The amount of one on ones we have been missing and chances not been finished will turn for the better soonish. We have been creating goal scoring chances every game which we havent been taking. Let's hope this weekend we will see these chances hit the bank of the onion basket
  • Options

Nothing against Waggy - but I'd start Green for his great crosses (and throws) and keep Waggy on the bench for impact with about 20 mins to go.  Would also like to see Pritchard on the bench.  My heart says 1-2 with another impressive away win - but looking at their start to the season I'd take a 2-2.

• Options
    Bury 1 v CAFC 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am grateful to deanoisgod's contribution.

I understand Bury are a good footballing side, which I think will be good for us, as Notts County style 'up em and at em' doesn't suit us, but playing Bury means taking on a team with similar playing aspirations to us. The big question is will our young men, pound for pound, match up for match up, be better than theirs? I suspect the slim advantage of our (probably) better quality player will be negated because Bury are the home team. I reckon an even game which could be decided on quite a slender margin. An error maybe, the officials, a moment of brilliance?...who knows, I hope it falls our way.

There could be an interesting clash of tactics, and it might mean the shrewest, most canny and adaptable, most decisive manager will have a big influence. I have heard that Bury are an excellent counter-attacking side, so what phase of the game will we be going full out, and play to their possible strengths? Or will we adopt a steady, yet positive and forceful and measured gameplan? Bury being the home team will have to come at us too, will we be the counter-attackers in that context?

Another alternative is to keep the ball at all times, much like the excellent Brighton team we saw at the Valley last season. Have we the guile to be patient, and then strike threateningly when the chance comes along? Will Bury be able to wrest the ball in midfield in order to inpose their style?

Another question is if either manager has a plan B if things look tricky. I suspect with Danny Green, Jason Euell and possibly Bradley Pritchard ready to come on, that it will take a really good squad for Bury to match those possible changes.

A tight game, needs a spot on attitude, and hopefully we will score the first goal and win 2-0. If Bury score first, the best I can see is a draw.

• Options
    i cant believe we are saying we are the same as bury, how far have we fallen. We should be comfortably beating these tiny clubs
  • Options
    4 - 1 BWP 2, Green 2 ( both  direct from corners).
  • Options
    Time for a goal CB - I'll throw Morrison and 0-1
  • Options
    Would love to say 2-0 , but think it will be more of a 2-1 , hope our attitude and application are spot on.
  • Options
    I fancy it'll be an evenly matched contest and given that both sides like to play I envy those that'll be there to witness it.
    I'm predicting another high scoring draw, 2-2 or even 3-3.
    Think CP will need to be on his mettle with selection and tactics. And maybe time for him to dispel the doubts about his substitutions (choice and timing)
    Rock on, I'm enjoying this season
  • Options
    im sure it will be a tight game bury have beaten sheff weds and drew with huddersfield not really hard with how they have started i think we would absolutely destroy sheff weds if we played them tommorow next monday cant come quick enough for me cant wait for us to show jose what this club has become in such a short space of time since he left for greener pastures and i feel though we should be wary of bury we will come out on top 2-0 
  • Options
    i cant believe we are saying we are the same as bury, how far have we fallen. We should be comfortably beating these tiny clubs
    Its not the size of the club, its the quality of the squad. 
    Same league, similar budgets. 
    And you can't quantify spirit. Any team can beat any other team, thats football. 
  • Options
    Oh and 3-1 to us. 
    BWP for 2 and Jacko for 1. 
    Concede late from a badly dealt with corner. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!