Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Eccleston

Comments

• Options
    People can say what they like, when they like as long as it doesnt break any laws.  Just cause it lacks common sense doesnt make it wrong
    Wrong, no, doesnt mean it's any less stupid though, does it.

Its not about if he's stupid or not.  He clearly is!  Just that he can be stupid in a public forum and it shouldnt mean he gets fined/accused of wrongdoing when its not illegal.

Im not agreeing with the content of his outburst, as hes clearly misguided (in my opinion), just saying he can say what he likes
  • Options
    If only I could be as smart as you, BFR.....
  • Options
    People can say what they like, when they like as long as it doesnt break any laws.  Just cause it lacks common sense doesnt make it wrong

Its not about if he's stupid or not.  He clearly is!  Just that he can be stupid in a public forum and it shouldnt mean he gets fined/accused of wrongdoing when its not illegal.

Im not agreeing with the content of his outburst, as hes clearly misguided (in my opinion), just saying he can say what he likes

I doubt many people can go to work and say what they like, no matter how stupid it is and just expect to get away with it.
  • Options

I doubt many people can go to work and say what they like, no matter how stupid it is and just expect to get away with it.
    As long as its an opinion which isnt illegal, cant see how there would be a problem
  • Options
    People who buy the sun are thick - FACT
    People who read the Sun are thick - FACT
    People who do the Sun Dream Team are ... - Hey hang on a minute!  ;-0
  • Options
    We all know opinions are not illegal, but common sense is sometimes needed when people in the public eye express opinions openly which are likely to be controversial. This was always going to be a sensitive subject and was always likely to upset his employers. Frankly I could not care less what his opinion is - my opinion is that he showed poor judgement here for whatever reason. Amazingly, he has almost 40,000 followers on Twitter that read his ramblings.
  • Options
    Addicted, go and tell your boss you think he's a stupid f****** w***** and let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    The Man City footballer was Reece Wabara.
  • Options
    Addicted, go and tell your boss you think he's a stupid f****** w***** and let us know how you get on.

Lol

Sorry addicted but how can people say what they like when they like and get away with it.

I work in a Jewish company. But I wouldn't even think about updating my facebook status re Jewish people.

Some numptys up date there status slating there companies/bosses and end up with the tin tack.

Freedom of speech my arris. #common sense
  • Options
    I think the point is that just because you have "freedom of speech" that doesn't mean it's acceptable for you to say whatever you like whenever you want.
    I'm not saying he's not allowed to have an opinion but he should know that broadcasting such a controversial opinion is going to upset a lot of people and it would've therefore been better for him to keep it to himself, especially considering the time that he said it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all know opinions are not illegal, but common sense is sometimes needed when people in the public eye express opinions openly which are likely to be controversial. This was always going to be a sensitive subject and was always likely to upset his employers. Frankly I could not care less what his opinion is - my opinion is that he showed poor judgement here for whatever reason. Amazingly, he has almost 40,000 followers on Twitter that read his ramblings.

unless you're denying the holocaust. Only thing i can think of

• Options
    Denying the holocaust isn't a crime in the UK is it?
  • Options
    Just saw Nathan getting on a plane with Peter Mandelson.  Both were wearing suits.  Now I'm not saying anything.....
  • Options
    Not quite the same thing is it? Think you're stretching a little from what he's done, not insulted Kenny to his face, nor the owners, just said he believes in a fairly stupid conspiracy theory.  Wasn't insulting the memory of those who died, nor being racist, abusive or cruel.

Ive said all along I think he's been stupid, and the timing was very poor, but thats not my point.

Still, you're entitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    No he isn't .  No-one is entitled to their opinion.  Opinions should be a privilege you earn as a result of some actual understanding of the thing you have an opinion on.  If you don't know what you are talking about, shut up or ask someone who does.  Like me for instance.
  • Options
    Seriously dumb as usual, and not starting a Pro/Anti O.T.I.S. debate...but:

Who OTIS ?
    Try a 'Little Tenderness'

......or do a bit more Redding
  • Options
    It certainly should be but I'm not sure it is. David Irving was jailed in Austria for three years in 2006 for denying the Holocaust.
  • Options
    It certainly should be but I'm not sure it is. David Irving was jailed in Austria for three years in 2006 for denying the Holocaust.

I've got mixed feelings on this - there's so much evidence out there to prove that the holocaust existed that I tend to feel pity rather than anger when the likes of David Irving deny it. On the one hand it's a free country and we should respect freedom of choice and belief and not legislate against this sort of thing. On the other hand we have enough legislation aimed at race hate crimes to indict and try people under one of those laws. Technically denying the holocaust isn't race hate, but the type of people who go down that path tend also to advertise their belief in aryan supremacy and back that up with a liberal dose of ant-semitism or anti-islamicism or good old fashioned race hatred and I'd rather people were held to account for incitement to cause violence, if not actual violence charges than debating and denying a well documented historical fact.
  • Options
    Not quite the same thing is it? Think you're stretching a little from what he's done, not insulted Kenny to his face, nor the owners, just said he believes in a fairly stupid conspiracy theory.  Wasn't insulting the memory of those who died, nor being racist, abusive or cruel.

Ive said all along I think he's been stupid, and the timing was very poor, but thats not my point.

Still, you're entitled to your opinion.

You said any opinion that isnt illegal should be ok.
  • Options
    No he isn't .  No-one is entitled to their opinion.  Opinions should be a privilege you earn as a result of some actual understanding of the thing you have an opinion on.  If you don't know what you are talking about, shut up or ask someone who does.  Like me for instance.

Mmmmmm.........that takes the vote away from about 50% of the population.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

..thread about ex-loanee moves on to holocaust denial debate....Tick

Carry on...

• Options
    edited September 2011
    An ignorant view -clearly not the smartest cookie in the jar - but he was respectful to the dead, not denying it happened. Don't think a big thing should be made of it. More stupid than evil.
  • Options
    and so it should. Right now a law abiding tax payer has the same voting rights as a never worked, always claimed benefits street corner crack dealer. Democratic it may be, madness it surely is
  • Options

and so it should. Right now a law abiding tax payer has the same voting rights as a never worked, always claimed benefits street corner crack dealer. Democratic it may be, madness it surely is

You miss my point. 50% of lawa abiding tax payers haven't got a clue about politics or policiess and they still get a vote

• Options
    You have the right to free speech- as long as you don't actually do it  . Joe Strummer RIP.
  • Options
    @henry

I'm a closet history buff/boff myself.

Could talk for days about it.

It's a date : - )
    Henry and I Saw in buff/boff in closet shame ;-)
  • Options
    He's better than that imo. Good that he'll get regular games though.
  • Options
    4 goals in 34 appearances suggests otherwise
  • Options
    4 goals in 34 appearances suggests otherwise
    To be fair, he did play out wide for us for most of his games. He isn't the finished article, but I agree with CharltonFan94 - I think he'as better than Rochdale. Maybe with it being closer to home it is a better fit with the lad personally. His tweets last year gave me the impression that he didn't exactly enjoy his time in London.