Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Eccleston

124»

Comments

• Options
    Going out on loan to a different team every season doesn't help. Not settling as a young player is never good. I think he should just sign for a League One club permanently and, if he's good enough, works his way up the football ladder.
  • Options
    Is there a Nando's in Rochdale?
  • Options
    4 goals in 34 appearances suggests otherwise
    Never really impressed me during our time with us. Got the impression he thought he was much better than he actually is. Be interesting to see how he gets on.
  • Options
    I dont think so
  • Options
    I dont think so
    Just round the corner.

I thought that he was a much underutilised player who whenever he came on made a difference, a number of assists or scaring the bejeezus out of defences.  A lot of his appearances were for 5 - 15 minutes at the end of the game.  Should have been used more and could have helped turnaround a poor second half.   More threat than Waggy.
  • Options
    I agree his attitude wasn't brilliant, but he wasn't a Charlton player. He was a Liverpool player, so the attitude was understandable. It wasn't his club. I think there is a real player in there, but he HAS to move permanently. getting strung along at Liverpool is hampering his progress. Once he's signed for a club permanently, he won't think he's better than the rest of the lads, he'll feel a lot more part of the team.

Plus Charlton were a shambles when he played for us.
  • Options
    Scored on his debut for Rochdale.
  • Options

The suggestion he was better than Waggy for us last year is surely a joke. Will be let go by Liverpool as soon as his contact expires. SAys a lot that nobody would take him until now.

The sort of loan player that is hopefully totally history to us. Although bound to score against us  

• Options
    I thought he showed flashes at times that he could be a decent player, as mentioned it could be a case that he needs to sign permanently and just be settled
  • Options
    Gone on loan today from Blackpool to Tranmere. Always thought he looked promising.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20085844
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tranmere are doing very well in League One and it could be the platfrom he needs as there's no doubting his ability and potential. Always rated him with us.
  • Options
    How come no games for Blackpool then?
  • Options
    Didn't realize he had signed permanently for Blackpool.

Thought he was a very good player. I remember being blown away by his burst of pace when he came on and scored during Chris Powell's first game as manager.

Very similar player to our Danny Haynes I think.
  • Options
    All pace and no end product.
  • Options
    He's a striker who can't finish and a winger without a trick
  • Options
    He's also a massive bell in my opinion
  • Options
    SMH.
  • Options
    KMT
  • Options
    He wasn't very popular amongst the rest of the squad when he was here to be fair. If he could sort the attitude out I'd have him back.
  • Options
    Signed for Partick.

Billy big bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's Patrick?
  • Options

Who's Patrick?

Has this morphed into the Airplane thread?
  • Options
    Bet when he was at the Liverpool Academy doing well, he dreamt of the day he held aloft the scarf of Patrick Thistle...
  • Options
    So why all the negativity towards him?

Is it because he is one of those ghastly footballers who uses Twitter which clearly means he is 'up himself' and 'has a bad attitude'?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

So why all the negativity towards him?

Is it because he is one of those ghastly footballers who uses Twitter which clearly means he is 'up himself' and 'has a bad attitude'?

He was clearly led to believe that he had a very bright future ahead of him and, perhaps, he behaved like he believed it. The top clubs youth academies must be full of teenagers that believe that they are the next Michael Owen/Wayne Rooney/Rahim Sterling but they can't all make it.

Clearly he is still making a living playing football so on that basis we have to say that he's got a lot further than many others.

It's not as though you play in the Premier League or you might as well give up and get a 'proper' job.
  • Options
    I thought he had a top flight future ahead of him, maybe at the lower end of the Prem, but sad to see he has drifted away. Maybe PT will help him focus .. but it does prove again that it is not just talent that succeeds but commitment too.
  • Options
    He fails to fitting with his surroundings and peers never really settling down this will be the cost of his career