Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Wars

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe people are claiming that The Return of The Jedi is a good film, deary dear.
  • Options
    Never seen Star Wars, I have tried, honest, but after 5 minutes I am done in, utter cack IMO.

Five whole minutes? Wow that's dedication for you...
  • Options
    I love Star Wars, the re-vampings imho were excellent, especially the end of Return Of The Jedi it made it perfect. I think episode 3 when Anakin lost the plot was a bit nasty, however I see why they done that. It is more that just a sci-fi it has a strong religious subtext. It is all about good versus evil and repenting your sins, controlling your emotions and not letting them control you it is very deep if it is deconstructed.  
  • Options
    original ones great, new ones were poor
  • Options

I saw the first film when i was a youngster but i thought Close Encounters was a better film and just recently i took my little boy to see the animated star wars film which was utter toss

• Options
    went naff once the ewoks turned up and lucas was more into toy sales then scripts, the empire strikes back is without doubt the best, the modern ones were all guff even though i have seen them i would not re watch them as i have done with the originals time and time again, i will also let my son watch the original when hes a bit older.

• Options
    went naff once the ewoks turned up and lucas was more into toy sales then scripts, the empire strikes back is without doubt the best, the modern ones were all guff even though i have seen them i would not re watch them as i have done with the originals time and time again, i will also let my son watch the original when hes a bit older.

Let him watch them all in the correct order, see if he tweaks that the standard of the special affects suddenly drops.
  • Options
    George Lucas is the Joan Rivers of film producers, can't stop messing about.

Why add the 'Noooo!' here?

• Options
    I must admit that 2nd 'no' was a bit wussy, he could have still been the hero and stayed silent, would have protected his image too. I think Lucas wanted people to emphasis with him again though like they did for Anakin in episode 1 and 2, the change was aired at the 2nd generation audience not the first, but as a fan of both I would have kept him silent.
  • Options
    Not much of a sci-fi fan but I really enjoyed the original 3 films. What came after those were gash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Let him watch them all in the correct order, see if he tweaks that the standard of the special affects suddenly drops.
    Overall I don't think they do. There's the odd naff special effect in the first 3 films (which is the only thing that Lucas needed to fix with the special editions) but look at the Cantina scene in the first film and compare it to...pretty much any scene in the prequels. Which looks better? The prequels were overdone and just look so blatantly CGI that it's hard to suspend disbelief.

• Options
    might take a few watches but funny as.. cant belive lucas didnt see this in the edit, movie gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4v-qiFvBg
  • Options
  • Options
    Whats a "Ewok" ?
    #whatisStarWars
  • Options

As LeroyAmbrose said, I like Sci-Fi but Star Wars/Trek are just gash.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    listen to the whole of this , spot on

• Options
    apparently 7of9 is fit ?
    Adam......?
  • Options
    Never saw the first three until I was in my thirties. My mate couldn't believe it, so he bought me the box set for christmas. Watched them and was neither impressed nor unimpressed. Made no impression whatsoever.
    When the first of the new ones came out, I watched half of it and got so bored I turned it off. Never watched the latest two. Can't be arsed. Really don't understand what the fuss is all about.

Same goes for Harry Potter (Seen episode 1 and tried to watch episode 2 twice, falling asleep both times) and Lord of the Rings (Jesus, get on with it).

Massive steaming piles of nothing special.
  • Options
    Ewoks were originally wookies, also allegedly the redux revealed a filing cabinet in the death star somewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same goes for Harry Potter (Seen episode 1 and tried to watch episode 2 twice, falling asleep both times) and Lord of the Rings (Jesus, get on with it).

Don't start on Harry Potter, that was pure genius, Joanne Rowling is a genius. The first film was like the first book about an 11 year old for 11 year olds but it progressed from there I can safely say Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows was the best book I have ever read and studying English Literature all the way to degree level I have read a lot! Also the film didn't disappoint, excellent! 
  • Options

Don't start on Harry Potter, that was pure genius, Joanne Rowling is a genius. The first film was like the first book about an 11 year old for 11 year olds but it progressed from there I can safely say Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows was the best book I have ever read and studying English Literature all the way to degree level I have read a lot! Also the film didn't disappoint, excellent! 
    Fair enough, you liked it.
    I thought it was boring.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

I remember thinking the first three (4-6) were pretty cool when I saw them as a kid but I've watched them a couple of times since and have been hugely underwhelmed on every occassion. There are far worse films out there but there are far better too. Mediocre I think is the best word for them, which in many ways is worse than being crap.

Episodes 1-3 however, now they truly are gash. Episode 2 has to be the dullest film that has ever been made.

• Options
    Ewoks were originally wookies, also allegedly the redux revealed a filing cabinet in the death star somewhere
    And in English that says ?
  • Options

When I was taken to the cinema to watch Harry Potter, it felt like it lasted for about 11 years.
  • Options

Episode 2 has to be the dullest film that has ever been made.

This topic should be a thread in its own right (in fact it probably is somewhere).  I can categorically say that there is no film more stupefyingly dull than 1940s propaganda borefest Mrs Minniver.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Harry Potter is for kids and adults that find Lord of the Rings a bit too challenging
  • Options
    The only thing challenging about Lord of the rings is preventing yourself from committing suicide whilst having to sit through the poo. I took my eldest son to watch the first one and hated it. Got made to take him to the second one and made a point of going to sleep 20 mins into the movie. Insisted that his mum took him for the last one.

I'd rather watch soaps (and that's saying something).
  • Options

Harry Potter is for kids and adults that find Lord of the Rings a bit too challenging
    That is really insulting, I have read the 'Lord of the Rings' book and 'The Hobbit'. I still think although Tolkien's work was very good Rowling is a genius.