Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did hooliganism start ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    It was Spurs at home when Wall turned up http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_8298000/8298751.stm

What a great link. I love the bit where its claimed that Millwall refer to the police as 'Old Bill.' as if thats the worst insult that they could think of !

"I'm not going away for some dirty Northern ponce to spit all over me" Ha Ha, that's cracked me up!

• Options
    edited October 2011

Let's get it straight, the fires were piles of old newspapaers etc being burned on The Covered End terraces....which was of course concrete terracing.

Some folk reading this might get the idea they actually set fire to buildings...which of course wasn't the case.

• Options
    Remember the cfc fires: Think the fact we won 4-0 might have had something to do with that.......

I was a bit young for that game as it was midweek and Dad would of known of the potential. I vividly remember winning a bet for a fiver off my Uncle thou who was and is Chelsea.

Was that around about the time of the headline - "There gonna' be a Hales-storm" ?
  • Options
    Thinking back first signs of trouble was over the easter 68-69 season against Cardiff and Middleborough and as somebody else said in january 69 Highbury.