Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew: A good manager?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    When he was a CAFC I did not like his style of play but I have to say he has done brilliant at Newcastle just a pity he couldn't have done that with us !
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It was certainly a strange time at Charlton.

Some of his players at Charlton have subsequently said that they really enjoyed working under Pardew.
    He was generally very good at building team spirit and liked to be one of the lads himself.

Yet team morale was on the floor and apparently very much a split dressing room at Charlton by the time he was sacked.

Strange. Lots of things don't seem to add up.
  • Options
    Noticed Alex Song was loving Pardew the other day, for bringing him to Charlton and making him the player he has become
  • Options
    He was described in the press this week as:

"The next England manager but-one"

Lord help us !
  • Options
    Pardew was hated and despised by a number of the people he worked closely with at Charlton. Many staff were delighted when fans gathered outside the west stand calling for his head and many would have been delighted to join in. Yes, the board was dysfunctional, but don't be taken in. Pardew was a disastrous manager for Charlton and is the single biggest reason we were relegated to League One.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown

Out of interest, what was the staff feeling towards Parkinson on a personal level, was he more liked? What about Dowie?
  • Options
    As i see it Pardew was good at the good times, and poor when his team are in trouble. With West Ham and now Newcastle when his team are winning he was very passionate and seems to know what to do. However, when he gets in trouble he has no Plan B as we say in the championship. Also at these times he seems to upset or unable to motivate his players as he passes all the blame onto them. I can see a very short stint if he becomes england manager and personally i would love to see Martin O'neill get the job
  • Options
    Most people liked Parkinson; whether or not they all thought he was a good enough manager is another matter. Dowie wasn't around long enough to meet most of the staff!
  • Options
    Thanks Airman.

I did hear that Dowie was well liked by most, not that it really matters now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sam Alladyce blamed the League for West Ham's thrashing last night. He should it was stupid to schedule a match on deadline day.
  • Options
    Sam Alladyce blamed the League for West Ham's thrashing last night. He should (said?) it was stupid to schedule a match on deadline day.
    Fair comment. I'd say worrying about whether Carlos Tevez was coming to SE7 in a swap deal with BWP cost us two points last night, as well.
  • Options
    Pardew: A good manager?

Not this weekend.
  • Options
    Pardew was hated and despised by a number of the people he worked closely with at Charlton.
    Were any of them players?

• Options
    Pardew was hated and despised by a number of the people he worked closely with at Charlton.
    Were any of them players?

Probably not. Wasn't it AP who got rid of the Fan on the Board?

• Options
    Reports on Twitter suggesting he is Barclays Premiership Manager of the Year.
  • Options
    Pardew was hated and despised by a number of the people he worked closely with at Charlton. Many staff were delighted when fans gathered outside the west stand calling for his head and many would have been delighted to join in. Yes, the board was dysfunctional, but don't be taken in. Pardew was a disastrous manager for Charlton and is the single biggest reason we were relegated to League One.
    This, cant understand how people can defend Pardew for his time at CAFC, he was a very bad manager
  • Options
    Pardew took this club to the edge of Administration, I will never forgive the big nosed Palace C**t for that. When Peter Varney revealed how much in wages and transfer fees, McClown,Gray & Varney cost us, I was astounded.
  • Options
    I still reckon Newcastle will do a Ipswich town next season.
  • Options
    I have an intense dislike for Alan Pardew. Don't know why but I just can't stand the guy. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. England manager? Imagine all his bed post notches in the Sun.
    2. Two words, Martin Christensen
    3. Feel he may have realised he was in Curbs shadow and wasn'respected by staff and lost interest.
    4. PP a poor choice of coach.
    5. Relies on good players rather than good systems. CP may mirror?
    6. Horrible man.