Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Farm

Comments

• Options
    Do as you likeys. After 10 years they're finally 'travelling' - hopefully to Vanessa Redgrave's garden like Goonerhater suggested and then the dimwits that are sticking up for them will realise what they're like.

By the way wher is Vanessa Redgrave bet she has not handcuffed herself on the top of the scaffolding - pity!
  • Options

I thought part 6 of the Housing Act 2004 made it law that local authorities provide for travellers

Just checked. It doesn't.
  • Options

I thought part 6 of the Housing Act 2004 made it law that local authorities provide for travellers

Just checked. It doesn't.

what does that section ask local authorities to do then?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Duties of local housing authorities: accommodation needs of
    gypsies and travellers

(1) Every local housing authority must, when undertaking a
    review of housing needs in their district under section 8 of the Housing Act
    1985 (c. 68), carry out an assessment of the accommodation needs of gypsies and
    travellers residing in or resorting to their district.
    (2) Subsection (3) applies where a local housing authority
    are required under section 87 of the Local Government Act 2003 (c. 26) to
    prepare a strategy in respect of the meeting of such accommodation
    needs.
    (3) The local authority who are that local housing authority
    must take the strategy into account in exercising their
    functions.
    "Functions" includes functions exercisable otherwise than as
    a local housing authority.
    (4) A local housing authority must have regard to any
    guidance issued under section 226 in-
      (a) carrying out such an assessment as mentioned in subsection (1),
      and
      (b) preparing any strategy that they are required to prepare as mentioned in
      subsection (2).
    (5) In this section-
      (a) "gypsies and travellers" has the meaning given by regulations made by
      the appropriate national authority;
      (b) "accommodation needs" includes needs with respect to the provision of
      sites on which caravans can be stationed; and
      (c) "caravan" has the same meaning as in Part 1 of the Caravan Sites and
      Control of Development Act 1960.
            Doesn't number 2 above cover the lawful duty of Local Authorities?
        • Options

Seth

Part 6 is a collection of 6 sections, three of which have since been repealed. The three remaining deal with site agreements for mobile homes (i.e. agreements between the owner of land and the owner of a mobile home). The repealed ones delat with cetrian technicalities relating to eviction of travellers and also the protection of existing sites.

The stuff you have quoted does not include any obligation to provide for Travellers, It just imposes a duty to consider their needs when reviewing housing needs in their area generally. It was this duty (form the Housing Act 1985)  which replaced the duty to actually provide sites.

• Options
          OK, I thought section 2 above which talks of 'meeting needs' was relevant.
        • Options
          I thought part 6 of the Housing Act 2004 made it law that local authorities provide for travellers.
          Built roads for them to "travel" on haven't they???
        • Options

Seth  Plum, ive been reading your posts, and you really have lost the plot old boy, are you living in the real world ?

You and your type are the people that have slowed the eviction down and wasted public money for 10 years

how about You having some of the filthy robbing pikeys living in your back garden ?

• Options

Seth  Plum, ive been reading your posts, and you really have lost the plot old boy, are you living in the real world ?

You and your type are the people that have slowed the eviction down and wasted public money for 10 years

how about You having some of the filthy robbing pikeys living in your back garden ?

Didn't realise Richard Littlejohn posted on here.
        • Options

Me and my type? Have we met then? If you really have been reading my posts you may be able to indicate what exactly is unreasonable about them, then again you may not.

Yes I think there has been some unbridled hysteria posted on here, and a slightly different perspective is possibly able to move towards some kind of balance. Some people may say there are two sides to every dispute, others say there is only one side, and if you disagree with the majority of posters you have lost the plot.

Personally I am content with the posts I have written....old boy.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
          Police marksmen covering the disturbances at the Dale farm gypsy site have had to open fire three times.

They won a goldfish, a Teddy bear & a coconut.
        • Options
          I total disagree 10% with anyone who defends em--- end of. I am 100% biased--- defo.  I wouldnt want them in my post code--- or if i had a new motor--- or  at any relatives school. My experinces with em have have scared me for life.

On the other had i also agree with Seth the other side should be given its space-------even when wrong.

Dirty Pikeys ? i dont think so as they explained 100 times on TV  they think its totaly dirty to use a toilet in their caravans--- go they go outside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt that nice of em.  The National trust  your council tax  and maybe your self has to clear their shit up in every sense. Of course  its our fault we never give enough sites-total and utter tosh-----every bleedingheart on here and elsewhere if they were HONEST would scream blue murder if they rucked up on your door step.

As for the Dale Farm lot --had enough of this "Ok they are Irish but they have the right to plot up in England"  if they are TRAVELLERS let em travel to the big estates they built in Ireland  on the back of not paying any sort of tax in the UK  and ripping the system off at every step they can.
        • Options
          What is the evidence for the existence of these grand estates in Ireland that we keep hearing about?  Just interested to know.
        • Options

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8752704/Travellers-facing-eviction-from-Dale-Farm-gipsy-camp-have-their-own-homes-in-Ireland.html

Thanks for the link. So according to the Artical of the 86 Families evicted Quote "New documentary evidence collected by local residents suggests that one couple living on Dale Farm are on the deeds of a home in Rathkeale. Another couple, who recently married in London, own a plot of land in Rathkeale "

2 families out of 86, thats alright then, I would hate to think we were being missled.

• Options
          edited October 2011
          Lets cut through all the bollocks - the bleeding-heart liberals on one side who claim that getting rid of them is ethnic cleansing, and the pro-traveller lobby who believe that they're being discriminated against by a horrible government that is racist and doesn't want them - and the right wing loons who still think every Irishman is an IRA terrorist on the other.

1 - they are 'travellers' - so, unless they are willing to give themselves a new name, that pretty much knocks on the head any argument about them being made 'homeless'.
          2 - they don't pay taxes - so deserve no rights to complain about the country they live in, but don't contribute to in any meaningful way.
          3 - most of the people protesting about travellers' rights aren't travellers themselves, so have no real understanding of their 'way of life' and what that entails.

Dr Leroy proclaims that they have got a f***ing cheek, and should be piled out of the country post-haste. Job done. Next subject?
        • Options
          edited October 2011
          Leroy nail on the head etc etc.

plus they owe me 6 months dinner money when i was 11.
        • Options
          Never been more bored by a running news story since Paris Hilton got sent to prison.

They were there illegally. So they get moved on. I don't get what the argument against it is. If you do anything else, you're starting a ridiculous precedent.
        • Options
          without wishing to open another can of worms - did anyone see the Panorama special on child begging - that was shocking & hats off to John Sweeney a very brave man indeed!!
        • Options
          You know this thing about taxes. Well most of us pay income tax via PAYE, but we also have other taxes to pay such as value added tax on goods we buy, this tax is hard to avoid.
        • Sponsored links:

• Options
          You know this thing about taxes. Well most of us pay income tax via PAYE, but we also have other taxes to pay such as value added tax on goods we buy, this tax is hard to avoid.
          dear lord, its the council tax that kills me.
          you know the one we pay for the services we use!
          And car tax
          and tax on earnings, providing we dont take cash for our work or our metal collecting.

I do hope you arent suggesting that they arent avoiding tax?
        • Options
          Funnily enough I would say, honestly, that 85% of tradesmen (and women) that I have ever had dealings with have a 'cash' or 'cash in hand' price. Loads of said tradespeople live in bricks and mortar houses.
        • Options

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/billericay/4366824.MP_won_t_solve_second_home_riddle/

One (of many) stories about the expenses claims of the Local MP for Dale Farm. he claims expenses for his mortgage on a castle it seems if you dig around a bit more on the internet.

• Options
          Funnily enough I would say, honestly, that 85% of tradesmen (and women) that I have ever had dealings with have a 'cash' or 'cash in hand' price. Loads of said tradespeople live in bricks and mortar houses.
          WHICH THEY PAY COUNCIL TAX FOR.
          Now I know you are on a wind up.
          Really, not funny
        • Options
          Really, not funny

So you have no experience of 'cash in hand' tradespeople then?
        • Options
          Really, not funny

So you have no experience of 'cash in hand' tradespeople then?
          Yup, that seals your argument as tight as a drum.
        • Options
          Unless you nick stuff - there's no VAT on stolen goods.
        • Options

In earlier posts travellers are accused of not paying taxes (see Leroy Ambrose post above) however there are many non travellers who avoid taxes too. In addition we all pay VAT which is almost impossible for any person to avoid. There may be reasons to criticise the travelling community (previously described as scum, and degrees of violence against them are supported by some Charlton fans here), but to justify the hatred by including the non-payment of tax seems to me to be hypocritical.

I don't know what the posters on this thread do in order to earn a crust, but I suspect there may be one or two tradespeople here, and I also suspect those one or two have taken cash in hand jobs. Now I have no proof obviously, just as those accusing travellers of not paying tax have scant proof too.

• Options
          the troll needs food.
        • Options

In earlier posts travellers are accused of not paying taxes (see Leroy Ambrose post above) however there are many non travellers who avoid taxes too. In addition we all pay VAT which is almost impossible for any person to avoid. There may be reasons to criticise the travelling community (previously described as scum, and degrees of violence against them are supported by some Charlton fans here), but to justify the hatred by including the non-payment of tax seems to me to be hypocritical.

I don't know what the posters on this thread do in order to earn a crust, but I suspect there may be one or two tradespeople here, and I also suspect those one or two have taken cash in hand jobs. Now I have no proof obviously, just as those accusing travellers of not paying tax have scant proof too.

do you want to discuss council tax, troll?