Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Farm

Comments

• Options

such children should be taught in the country they were brought up in / born in , sorry about the grammar.........BFR your a tosser too

• Options
    Acceptance at schools often requires documentary proof in the LA I work for, and the documentary proof is often the council tax demand. It helps to stop some families lying about their addresses in order to get into certain schools.
    ''Often require'' eh? So not always. So tell us the exceptions  -oh yes travellers and illegals awaiting immigration decisions.
    Well, IF what you say if true,  you are a massive exception to the general rule in the UK
    Do you have illegal immigrant children in your school, awaiting decisions?
    What school are you at and how, as a teacher, do you get your overview of council tax correlation>
    Because frankly you are talking nonsense.

Do you think that such children should go uneducated?
    No, of course not, but education costs, Thats why we pay council tax.
    Its not rocket science!
  • Options

such children should be taught in the country they were brought up in / born in , sorry about the grammar.........BFR your a tosser too

I can see why you think that, missing out on an education did you no harm after all...
  • Options

none at all , i know a sponger when i see one

• Options
    Acceptance at schools often requires documentary proof in the LA I work for, and the documentary proof is often the council tax demand. It helps to stop some families lying about their addresses in order to get into certain schools.
    ''Often require'' eh? So not always. So tell us the exceptions  -oh yes travellers and illegals awaiting immigration decisions.
    Well, IF what you say if true,  you are a massive exception to the general rule in the UK
    What school are you at and how, as a teacher, do you get your overview of council tax correlation>

Its not rocket science!

The measure of a good society is not how it treats the rich, but those without money.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

BFR do you think the gypsies are spongers ?

• Options

Its not rocket science!

The measure of a good society is not how it treats the rich, but those without money.
    Er, at what point have they suddenly become ''people without money''?
    Its not, as I am sure you know, the same as people who refuse to pay taxes despite being permanent residents.
    I really dont get your point.

• Options
    Er, at what point have they suddenly become ''people without money''?
    Its not, as I am sure you know, the same as people who refuse to pay taxes despite being permanent residents.
    I really dont get your point.

You were talking about illegal immigrants. In my experience most immigrants tend to be at the lower end of the socio-economic scale.

Either way the children of Dale Farm whatever the wealth of their parents - and I doubt that they are all as wealthy as the media suggests - still need to educated. Our society treats people the same whatever their circumstances. So I care little about whether their parents are spongers or not.
  • Options
    This is all very interesting.

Sorry, did I say "interesting"? Silly me.
  • Options
    This is all very interesting.

Sorry, did I say "interesting"? Silly me.
    can we not discuss standing up/seating at away games or some such issue where we all agree?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd rather not say which particular school I work at, so if you choose not to believe me I won't be able to provide you with chapter and verse, because I wish to keep my place of work private. However, schools do ask for proof of address via council tax bills (for the reasons I have stated above). Because I cannot provide you with further proof, you can assume I'm talking nonsense and there will be nothing I can do about it, but I assure you, schools that have an intake policy based on proximity do indeed ask for council tax bills as proof.
    Look I'm sorry you dont want to accept this point, but does your school accept illegal immigrants awaiting immigration status. Yes or no.
    Does your school accept travellers. Yes or no?
    How do you, as a teacher, know the link between these entrants and council tax demands?
    And how do you, as a classroom teacher, know the situation in the rest of the country?
    My school is a comprehensive school, and our intake generally reflects the make up of the local community, and yes that includes traveller children, and others. I don't know if they are legal or illegal immigrants. I certainly don't know the acceptance policy of the schools in the rest of the country. I know that schools including mine look for documentary evidence regarding proof of address.
  • Options
    Raymondao - and this is coming from someone who finds themselves on your 'side' of the argument - you're doing yourself no favours, and acting like a berk. Stop it.
  • Options
    Raymondao - and this is coming from someone who finds themselves on your 'side' of the argument - you're doing yourself no favours, and acting like a berk. Stop it.

Is Raymondao going to be able to meet up with Seth and Leroy tomorow ???
  • Options
    Seth - I understand what you're doing here, but there really is no excuse for it. You know full well that pikeys (and I'm making a deliberate distinction here between 'pikeys' and 'gypsies') are thieving, tax-dodging toerags who should have been (and anywhere else on Earth WOULD have been) kicked out of the country ages ago. The fact that they aren't is testament to the fact that we're a pretty tolerant bunch overall - something that every Englishman should be proud of - especially since the default position of most other countries seems to range from open mistrust of 'foreigners' to downright hostility - I'm thinking especially of Spain and Australia here.

However, the capacity of the English for welcoming people from other cultures into our own notwithstanding, it's more than a little galling to see pikeys basically taking the absolute living piss and getting away with it. Every now and then, people get a bit riled up and some of them get moved on. In reality, all this does is transfer the problem to the bottom of some other poor c***'s back garden. It's a bit pointless you trying to defend their 'way of life', when this involves nicking stuff, trashing places and exploiting loopholes in the law. Comparing them with tradesmen accepting cash in hand work is like comparing apples and oranges.
  • Options
    Yes. People need to calm Down on this thread especially the mondeo driver. I know Seth spoke months ago about the travellers he had probs with in lee.

None of us want travellers in our garden. Each to their own but I am with leroy. He is our leader. And paddy.

• Options
    You're calling Leroy a "paddy"? 

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Seth - I understand what you're doing here, but there really is no excuse for it. You know full well that pikeys (and I'm making a deliberate distinction here between 'pikeys' and 'gypsies') are thieving, tax-dodging toerags who should have been (and anywhere else on Earth WOULD have been) kicked out of the country ages ago. The fact that they aren't is testament to the fact that we're a pretty tolerant bunch overall - something that every Englishman should be proud of - especially since the default position of most other countries seems to range from open mistrust of 'foreigners' to downright hostility - I'm thinking especially of Spain and Australia here.

However, the capacity of the English for welcoming people from other cultures into our own notwithstanding, it's more than a little galling to see pikeys basically taking the absolute living piss and getting away with it. Every now and then, people get a bit riled up and some of them get moved on. In reality, all this does is transfer the problem to the bottom of some other poor c***'s back garden. It's a bit pointless you trying to defend their 'way of life', when this involves nicking stuff, trashing places and exploiting loopholes in the law. Comparing them with tradesmen accepting cash in hand work is like comparing apples and oranges.

Leroy, if you read my posts, they have not exactly been about defending anybodys way of life, but about trying to suggest that the 'story' is not entirely one sided. Earlier in the thread certainly I felt very depressed that so many fellow Charlton supporters, (who in one mindset tend to be proud of our community work, including the work that tries to resist prejudice) could so enthusiastically round on a group of people with what I feel is boarderline hysteria and hatred. Maybe it is the desire to encourage a bit of the tolerance you mention above that has motivated me.

I have questioned more than stated facts, for example do all of our population take great pains to pay all their taxes, or are we selective in which laws we invoke, or do some travellers even comply with 'the rules'? I have posted because frankly I am alarmed by seeing the kind of post that declares a whole group are all scum and they should get what they deserve (as in something bad).

If you take the debate regarding foxhunting where an arguably recognisable group indulge in their cultural persuit, which has even led to charging around on 'private' land, and trampling peoples gardens, there is a quiet acceptance that there are two sides to the story, but this debate about travellers seems to be one where one side cannot abide the notion that there may indeed be another perspective.

I would not choose a travelling lifestyle myself, and I have no doubt that there are anti-social elements in the travelling community, very possibly a much higher percentage of those elements than in settled communities. However as you say we should be proud that we are a pretty tolerant society, which reflects on my alarm regarding the intolerance i see on this thread.

Goonerhater says I am simply wrong, thats OK, but he also stated I have the right to pose a question, and state things from a different perspective, a good example of tolerance don't you think?

• Options
    I think Curb_it's spell check automatically changed it from pikey without her knowing :-)
  • Options
    Sorry I meant I'm a paddy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on Leroy,just back from a few days away and was waiting on seth no plums response.I have been just about paying higher rate tax for the last 23 years just on it and not earning much more over.I have been crucified by the CSA becuase ex wife couldnt be arsed with me working shifts.I see sponging pikeys getting everything it just galls me.I was injured at work and got about 2k in  benefit,I had to pay this back as soon as I was fit for work.I was made redundant and thankfully I have managed to get a job starting next week.I have not received a penny and had to keep up my mortgage and council tax and again despite having three dependent children and my son from previous relationship I aint had a penney.So when I see a bunch of lowlife scum getting all the help and handouts then all the non paying of tax road tax insurance etc it really makes my blood boil and more so that a teacher that is supposedly educated talking the utter rubbish that seth is ffs he is paye so he is getting clobbered as well Im just pleased my kids dont go to his school.
  • Options

After the state they left the potholes in the west stand car park ive little sympathy. 

Only joking....let's all calm down, we've all had a coffee.

• Options
    Spot on Leroy,just back from a few days away and was waiting on seth no plums response.I have been just about paying higher rate tax for the last 23 years just on it and not earning much more over.I have been crucified by the CSA becuase ex wife couldnt be arsed with me working shifts.I see sponging pikeys getting everything it just galls me.I was injured at work and got about 2k in  benefit,I had to pay this back as soon as I was fit for work.I was made redundant and thankfully I have managed to get a job starting next week.I have not received a penny and had to keep up my mortgage and council tax and again despite having three dependent children and my son from previous relationship I aint had a penney.So when I see a bunch of lowlife scum getting all the help and handouts then all the non paying of tax road tax insurance etc it really makes my blood boil and more so that a teacher that is supposedly educated talking the utter rubbish that seth is ffs he is paye so he is getting clobbered as well Im just pleased my kids dont go to his school.

Want to go back and edit it so you can chuck a few more cliches in there?

• Options
    Lol you guys. don't want leroy on me back. He's Spanish.. I'm the paddy.

To add I speak to my cousins in tipperary.... they think the tinkers are an embarrassment.
  • Options
    If they had built an illegal travellers camp on Greendale Farm would Peter Fogg have got PC Selby to use a taser?

image      image
  • Options
    If they had built an illegal travellers camp on Greendale Farm would Peter Fogg have got PC Selby to use a taser?

image      image
    I hope so. Mrs Goggins face would be a picture.
  • Options
    BFR what cliches are you talking about? Ive worked and payed my way these c**** haven't do you sponge off everyone?
  • Options
    Lol you guys. don't want leroy on me back. 
    No, you certainly don't!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Reading this thread, I must be one of very few people on this site without strong opinions either way.  On the one hand I think it's wrong that they should build without planning permission, on the other hand I can't see that moving them elsewhere will solve anything. Won't it just mean moving the problem from one place to another?  

I can't get my head around the fact that "travellers" would stay in the same place for 10 years:  That's the opposite of traveling in my book.  If they are genuinely interested in travel, they should join this lot.  They have some great sites all around the country.

Finally, I just wanted to say well played to Seth.  I don't necessary agree with him, but I think he's done a great job of arguing his case almost single handedly and hasn't risen to the bait.  

• Options
    Lol you guys. don't want leroy on me back. 
    No, you certainly don't!
    LOL - definitely not!