Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 4-0 Carlisle - Post match views

JTJT
edited October 2011 in General Charlton
Only 4. Powell out.

Comments

• Options
    Knighthood for Orient's young Kevin Lisbie - yet another late goal to steal points from our rivals!
  • Options

For those who predicted an ignominious defeat portions of humble pie are currently being served, please indicate whether you would like yours served hot or cold.

• Options
    Match Stats Addicks first-:

Possession    54% - 46%

Shots on         10 - 6

Shots off           4 - 3

Corners            4 - 5

GOALS            4 - 0
  • Options
    Best game by far this season for me - everyone played well - solly & wiggins mom for me? And great save by hamer kermo's first was a bullet and bwp's goal was great - looking forward to wycombe now
  • Options
    I have eaten so much of that pie. I am now full up...
  • Options
    good solid win, puts the home form back on track.

Look forward to hearing from those there.
  • Options
    Good result but the sun was in my eyes in the second half. Club should do something about that.
  • Options
    Yeah!

writing an essay in the library is so much easier when you know we're cruising.

• Options
    Wiggins was excellent. Yann was excellent. Hughes made up for what he lacks in ability by working his arse off for 90 minutes. The rest of the team had a decent game. Carlisle's defence were pony.
    Marvellous.
  • Options
    Well done Charlton, excellent result......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed the best game of the bloody season! Grrrrrrr!
  • Options
    Missed the best game of the bloody season! Grrrrrrr!
    This!
  • Options

Wiggins was my Man Of The Match.

The defenders were solid although Morrison should have been booked. The midfield were good and Hughes defiently surprised me, He hasn't got the technical ability that Stephens has but he played the simple passes and was everwhere on the pitch. Proper worker.

Think Kermorgant won almost every header and worked his arse of aswell. Referee was a disgrace for the second half. Missed a blatant handball from the Wiggins shot, Gave every decision to them. Their black player should of got a straight red at the end, 2 Footed of the ground.

Fair Play to the Carlisle fans, Carried on singing the whole game.

The stewards upto their usual tricks again in the Covered End. Bullying kids before half time then pissing everyone off at Half Time.

• Options

You've got to be sorry for the Carlisle fans who had to watch their defence hand three of the goals.....but you've still got to put them away! 

The Kermo/BWP partnership is beginning to take shape. 

Green also beginning to look more confident and some good tackling back.

Great penalty save low to Hamer's right.

• Options
    They said noooo Charlton, they said noooo....

Wiggins MOM
  • Options
    Struggling to choose a MOM - Solly, Green, Kermie, BWP, Wiggins, Jackson, Morrison and Taylor, Hamer saved a pen, Hollands - scored, Hughes - worked very hard,  Great team performance,
  • Options

Humble pie eaten.

At it from the off-excellent 1st half.

Sending off did US no favours, would have been more if they'd had 11 on the pitch.

Kermorgant won a lot of headers/flick ons & his all round general play was good.

Incisive move for 1st goal.

Good finish by BWP for 2nd.

Kermit lashed 3rd. Ball should already have been in net by then.

Hollands goal was a bullet. No keeper on earth would have saved that ;)

Well pleased, really enjoyed the game.

• Options
    WHOOPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL BOUNCING BACK FROM A DEFEAT.

Any Idea anyone when Charlton last won 4-0 at home
  • Options
    Much better performance. However, just how shite the Carlisle defence were should not be ignored.
  • Options
    Much better performance. However, just how shite the Carlisle defence were should not be ignored.
    You can only play (and beat) whats in front of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, not by you - clearly.

I think you'll find they were a 1st Division defence. Not quite sure what you expect to see down there.
  • Options

I think you'll find they were a 1st Division defence. Not quite sure what you expect to see down there.
    Yawn.

Off_it in tetchy post shocker.

• Options
    CHARLTON VILLAGER, you'll be surprised last time we won 4-0 at home was.......in the Premiership! !
    Relegation season 2006-07.  Against ......West Ham!
  • Options

Before we all go off on one about Carlisle's defence, they couldn't handle the movement of BWP & Kermit.

We also penetrated well down the wings today.

Never seen so many crosses come in from the right hand side to be honest. And no, I'm not knocking Wagstaff.

• Options

Only Carlisle's 2ind away defeat so credit to CAFC for such an easy win.

We cruised it after the two early goals.  Yes the 2nd was a gift but BWP is on the pitch to take those chances.     Why ist  it that when Hudds win 4 nil that shows their strength and killer instinct but when we do it is because the other team is shite?

Kermit looked fully fit and so much more mobile. BWP was very good and gave them a problem all game.

Key plus point for me was Hughes and Euell.  Fringe players for sure but you need that experience to come in as cover as and when.

and credit to Powell, stuck to his guns with Green and Kermit and we won.  OK IMHO green didn't do fantastically on a day when he should have been ripping them to shreds but you could see the player that he could be.

Just nice that the only thing to moan about was that it wasn't more.

Big thanks to Mr Hollands for last goals at 18 - 1.  Feel sorry for my Carlisle supporting mate over from Oz but we had a good drink in the lib and he'll be tucking into a curry right now.

Wycombe away?  Oh, go on then, you've twisted my arm.

• Options

Everyone was class today, played thier part.

Wiggins tore down that left side and what brilliant play by him and jackson to create the first goal, can't forget that it was also Hughes quick free kick that set it all into motion.  

Onwards!

• Options
    Great win,everyone played there part. Wiggins MOM for me and Hughes also did well filling in for Stephens. COYR!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Yawn.

Off_it in tetchy post shocker.

Funny guy. You see, you don't have to be so miserable all the time. Lighten up a bit - hey, we won and are top of the league!

• Options
    Can't believe that Powell changed the team , tbh

If Stephens can't play because he has became a father then we should sell him

Kermy is shocking when he starts

Bwp does nothing

The back 4 is too slow

Solly too small

Green and waggy are shite

• Options
    Bring on the next game coyr top of the bloody league