Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 4-0 Carlisle - Post match views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Not read any other views, heres mine:-
    When I saw the team I thought Powell had lost it! Didnt know about Stephens new arrival. I think when the team was read out by BDL there was a lot of head scratching form a lot of people.
    Anyway I thought it was a really good game, credit must go to Carlisle who tried to play football instead of hoofball, even when they were 2 down.
    Wiggins was excellent, he tore their fullback to pieces a couple of times, just gets better and better. I thought that Hughes was superb in Midfield, he aint no full back but in midfield he was excellent, great engine, always looking for space, got stuck in played the simple ball my MOM.
    Happy Days
  • Options
    Wiggins, Wiggins will tear you apart.
  • Options
    Rhoys is too good for you...
  • Options

How's this for a song:

All we are saying,

Is give Rhoys a chance.

• Options
    Just lovin' that post, Grumps !
    Me too, great post
  • Options
    http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/match-reports/charlton-overpower-mistake-ridden-carlisle-utd-1.890785?referrerPath=home

Dont worry about this, how did Bournemouth get on at the weekend :-)

(Sorry could not resist)

• Options
    I believe they lost.....hang on, I'll find a link for You...... ;-)
  • Options

What I would like to see is Evina / Bover or Harriot having a permanent place on the bench so we can have a plan b for the left hand side .I like Jackson as a wide player same as I like Waggy on the other side , both improve us as a unit because they allow Solly and Wiggins to bomb forward.

However occasions such as Stevenage we are chasing the game and a direct left footed winger offers something different .

Last year before he fell out of favour Kyel Reid was sometimes used as an impact player for this role . Against MK it worked a treat and he set up Benson's winner even in the infamous Brentford away game , he and Abbott were behind improvement in the second half .

This is why I want to see if any of the very promising left footers mentioned above can step up to the plate 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the immortal words of Lou Reed this was indeed "the perfect day".

The sun shone and there was plenty of brown sauce on my large pre-match burger with extra onions. 

Father of Grumpy, brother of Grumpy and two sons of Grumpy  all sitting together in the NWQ.

Great atmosphere. Over 16,000 in the Valley.

3-0 up at half time. Their player sent off after BWP clearly fouls him to win possession.

Hamer saves their penalty. Saint Jason, the prodigal son, makes inspired cameo appearance.

The Charlton back four looks more solid than the European Central Bank and we look like scoring every time we go forward.

Their keeper is the worst I have ever seen and must have won his place in a fund-raising auction. He lets in a daisy cutter and then castrates his centre-back while collecting simple cross. You couldn't make it up

Green nearly scores direct from corner.

Wiggins looks like a loan signing from Barcelona not last season's second choice left-back for Bournemouth.

Solly looks like a young Lee Dixon with personality.

Even Hughes worked his wig off for the team.

We were so much better than Carlisle I actually felt sorry for their loyal travelling support. At least they will have enjoyed a sun tan. Shame it will have faded by the time their coach gets back home.

Even the ref awarded Carlisle every decision in the second half and ignored our clear penalty in a vain attempt to try and make a game of it. You couldn't  really blame him under the circumstances. They couldn't even get their late substitution right - trying to replace with No 13 with their completely different err..Number 13. 

I was smiling so much my face started to ache after 67 minutes. Thank you God and Saint Christopher.

"Your gonna reap, reap, reap  what you sow..."

Grumpy, I have to disagree with the BWP challenge – it looked to me, both at the time and on telly, to be a shoulder to shoulder charge – unless the laws have changed this was always allowed.
  • Options
    Wiggins was Bournemouth's second choice last season??
  • Options
    Funniest moment was when Euell came on as sub

MonkeyElvis was heard to say "that makes it 10 v 10 now then"
  • Options

Grumpy, I have to disagree with the BWP challenge – it looked to me, both at the time and on telly, to be a shoulder to shoulder charge – unless the laws have changed this was always allowed.

It was a fair challenge, however the same thing happened last week at Stevenage resulting in a free kick being given against us. I was doing my nut last week about it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    At Stevenage both BWP and the defender were  trying to lever each other (leaning into each other) off the ball shoulder to shoulder. BWP won the battle and was about to get  a shot off so the defender leaned some more bringing him down. If you have played football to a decent level before you would spot that and that is my biggest gripe about some refs and their assistants - they are honest but don't understand. I am never expecting much from a young official and the ginger one at Stevenage was no exception. Whilst he should have been getting kicked playing football as a kid and a young man, he must have been ponc**ng about in black with a whistle. Deprived us of a stonewall penalty and cost us a point, possibly three. The problem is, if it had happened in exactly the same way at the other end- he would have given a free kick to us- certain of that as I know I have sussed his uselessness out and not saying he was dishonest. Shoulder to shoulder charge against Carlisle was totally fair- read the rules. Some of the poor refs may have given a foul but Saturday's got it right and Carlisle difn't complain which says it all.

Wiggins was considered (by many of their fans) to be Bournemouth's best player last season and wasn.t second choice at all.
  • Options
    Shoulder to shoulder is fine but shoulder in the back is a foul. The game is getting harder to officiate and less and less contact is allowed in the modern game which makes decisions harder to give. Technology should be used but essentially it comes down to opinions and everyone's opinion in the ground is subjective, the ref's is objective. To say all refs have never played and do not understand the game is a false generalisation. Many, many referees I know played 10-15 years of football until their mid 30s and then take up officiating. They are very knowledgable about the game and how to officiate. It's the one thing that really irks me is when someone levels at me that I don't understand the game or know the game because I never played it when they don't actually know the first thing about me....