Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 4-0 Carlisle - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Quality today. wiggy was top draw, without stephens we used the wings more and carved carlisle open, we was on fire today. looked like a team with someone to prove. best way to answer a defeat.
  • Options
    You forgot to c*** off the fact that Euell got anywhere near the bench nla - but overall not a bad effort.

No plan B you see.
  • Options
    Carlisle spanked Yeovil away last weekend 0-3 so they are no mugs. I thought they were going to give us a game today but we outplayed them for most of the 1st half when it was 11 v 11. Hughes was superb and used the ball well with both feet and head. Wiggy was my man of the match setting up both Kermorgants goal's and keeping the right back at bay when he attacked more in the second half ( can't remember his name but was the player that won the penalty and also gifted Philips in for the second ). Everyone played well today and well done to Hamer for the penalty save and setting up the second goal! Bring on the Wycombe.
  • Options
    and bloody Euell talk about old pals act

shouldn't even have made the 22

there can be no complaints from anyone

except for mambos red card ridiculous
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That was proper dry NLA. Loved it. Thank god I am off to the Emirates tomorrow to watch some decent football..........
  • Options
    I think someone mentioned it earlier, but how on earth did their fella not walk at the end for that challenge. Two feet off the ground lunging in - yes he kicked the ball, but in a bizarre fashion and only because our man saw him cming and got out of the way. Would like to see it again, but from where I was it was a shocker - and with obvious intent too.
  • Options
    Happy with the victory.

I would like to see us take apart teams that pack the midfield, play anti football, time waste and disrupt the pattern of play. When we have done that, I will believe we will get promoted.

Great victory and enjoying that. Top of the league is excellent.
  • Options
    Fantastic day. Everyone played well without exception and it just shows that when we are all on song teams can't handle us.
    Hughes , Wiggins and Kermigan were the pic of the bunch .
    Only down side ( and this is being picky ) is that we didn't go on and get 5 or 6 .

Big crowd as well. I wonder if some of those new fans from the Chesterfield game came today also?
  • Options

Always back us at 4-0 and didn't have time today...will have to miss out more often!

Delighted, great performance, could have been more if we had kept going to the end.  Kermit looked very good and Hughes & Green had their best games for us to date.  Wiggins is a class act and will certainly play at a higher level (hopefully with us). 

Glad Carlisle did not score the pen as it was not deserved.  The ref was dreadful, much worse than the one everyone was so upset with v Stevenage (who i thought was ok).

• Options
    I thought Andy Hughes had a half decent game in the Radostin Kishinev mould
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One or two passes by Green were stunning. He will create loads of goals if he continues to bed in well. Other than the defence, Carlisle were quite good.
  • Options

Of course missed this one (very rare for me) but now I know why CAFC player has the whole of each half to watch later in the week coz I for one shall watch it all.

I am interested to know how Danny Green got on today because up to now I have felt a bit sorry for waggy. My brother used my season ticket and said that Charlton were clearly the better side and deserved the win, for some reason he also picked out Ben hamer and BWP for praise.

• Options
    I was at the game - it had everything: 4 goals, a sending off and a penalty save. Then, to cap it all there was 100 year-old bloke on the pitch at half time!

Was particularly impressed by Green, but thought the whole team played well and played as a team.
  • Options

Of course missed this one (very rare for me) but now I know why CAFC player has the whole of each half to watch later in the week coz I for one shall watch it all.

I am interested to know how Danny Green got on today because up to now I have felt a bit sorry for waggy. My brother used my season ticket and said that Charlton were clearly the better side and deserved the win, for some reason he also picked out Ben hamer and BWP for praise.

I'd watch most of the second half from the 47th minute onwards on fast forward if I were you.
  • Options

Green played very well and put in some lovely crosses..............having said that none of his play actually led to any of the goals.
  • Options
    Thank you Charlton for a really enjoyable afternoon the best home performance of the season and a resounding win! we are back on track COYR
  • Options
    november is crucial both huddy and preston at home we can get some breathing space if  we win both games.
  • Options
    Thought Kermit, Wiggins and Green were our stand out players, really enjoyable game but somehow i think we should have made double figures, great we are creating chances though.
  • Options
    It's all been said really. Top performance. Wiggy was my MOTM but I was also really impressed with Green. His passing was excellent and he's always confident enough to spank a cross in. As there's not much more to say about the match I'll add that I hung atound outside the ground for the first time in years and I was impressed with all the players, particularly John Sullivan who seemed like a lovely guy. Great day all round and it only cosy me a fiver
  • Options
    Brilliant performance, everyone played well, Kermy won everything, Green ut in good crosses all game and if he does it regularly it will lead to goals.

Centre backs were impressive again, shows what a mistake it was breaking it up last week. Wiggins MotM again just gets better and better after a couple of shaky games at the start.

Everyone played a part, the sending off actually did us no favours, 11 vs 11 we would've scored more as weird as it sounded, with 10 men the game was dead and both teams knew it.

Glad I have tickets for Wycombe on Tuesday and hopefully a same performance to match today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just finished my second helping of humble pie...........as I had us down to lose today and thought that Hayes should have been restored to the starting 11 instead of Kermit.   What do I know !!

Great game, only spoit by the ref & that we were conscious of having to play Tues night & players wanted to take things easy - can't really blame them as it was all over by half time.

Thought Wiggy just shaded Kermit for MOTM and thought Hughes also played well - 90th minute he was still chasing balls into the box !!.

4 points from the next 2 games would be acceptable - 6 would see us gain some breathing space.

• Options
    Well played Golfie. You get a bit of stick sometimes, but you don't mind putting your hands up occasionally.
  • Options
    Green put in more crosses in one game than Waggy has all season!!!
  • Options
    Nothing like a digging out. Green made up for his last 2 awful games. Just.

Just be happy we won.
  • Options
    An absolutely first class performance from the whole team.

We got out of the blocks fast and never looked back. I was worried when I heard Hughes was starting but he proved my doubts wrong and had a great game. I also thought Waggy might start instead of Green but he also had a blinder like most of the team. 

I'm glad SCP stuck with Kermit and he showed us why he's starting ahead of Hayes. I don't reckon Hayes would have scored the second Kermit goal. 

The defense was solid and the fullbacks played brilliantly. Solly put in his usual shift of being fantastic but Wiggins took the limelight off him today. He gets my MOTM and played out of his skin. He set up 2 goals with some fantastic runs followed by sublime crosses and Wiggins deserved a goal himself.

The middle of the park was great to and Green played the best I've seen him play. A constant threat down the right and put in plenty of dangerous crosses for the strikers. JJ was his quiet but efficient best constantly linking up with Wiggins and the centre mids. As for the centre mids they were here, there and everywhere. Hughes worked his socks off and has learned to pass since I last saw him. Hollands got a goal which he deserved but the Keeper won't want to see that again.

The two strikers looked like they've now met each other and linked up superbly. BWP was far off his best but still good as on another day he could've had 2 or 3. However he never gave up for his goal and finished like a poacher from a very tight angle. Kermit lost his man well for his first and powered home a great header from 12 yards. BWP was unlucky not to get a second after some superb last ditch defending by Carlisle as he had 2 shots blocked off the line in a row but Kermit was on hand to drill the rebound into the top left corner of the goal.

Hamer still flapped at crosses but did a inch perfect kick the whole length of the pitch to set up BWP for the second. After the ref gave Carlisle a penalty out of pity Hamer pulled off a terrific save to put the icing on top of the cake.  

A well deserved 4-0 win.
  • Options
    Wiggins was oustanding, pretty damn easy win.
  • Options
    Green put in more crosses in one game than Waggy has all season!!!
    Give it a rest. We win 4 - 0 and you have to dig out Waggy. Green wasn't all that today and he's still has 1 assist and 0 goals so right now the player you described as a "headless chicken" is ahead.

• Options

great result and as above was nervous when i heard hughes was starting but he had a very steady game and was a  lot better than the brentford nightmare

hughes apart that is our best starting 11 , kermy is top notch and i think we've had a right touch getting him

wiggins was the nuts

pleased for hamer to save the penalty just gotta stop the flapping for the odd cross and then we'll have a gem on our hands

20% autos 79% play off drama 1% another season guaranteed to be south londons worse team

• Options
    Wiggins was oustanding, pretty damn easy win.
    You must have been surprised because in the preview you wrote

3-1 loss, another load of rubbish
  • Options
    Just the reaction we needed to last week's defeat. 

Hand on heart I'm not sure we were 4 goals better than Carlisle but we were clinical with our finishing and Hollands had a little bit of luck but if you don't shoot you don't score.

I checked the clock after 1 minute 50 seconds and Andy Hughes had conceded 2 fouls and injured himself for the remaining time. I found myself thinking that we could have a long afternoon ahead. However we then started to play and whereas against Tranmere Kermit and BWP looked like a pair of strangers on their first date today they played well together and Kermit was immense. His two goals speak for themselves but he won nearly everything and linked up well with BWP and, speaking as a "Waggy man", Green too. Hughes, after his eventful opening couple of minutes, got his head down and quietly and efficiently did the unglamorous stuff along with a beautifully taken free kick which led to a goal.

We went off the boil a bit in the second half, possibly with half an eye on Tuesday night, but well played to all and we are top of the league say we are top of the league!