Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe 1 - 2 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

If Wycombe play like that (2nd half performance) this saturday, then they will beat Wednesday. Tough 2nd half but sometimes you have to win ugly, until the 3 points arrive.

Felt like sticking the drummers sticks up his arris when he was banging the drum along to the mindless idiots singing the Lisbie song in the first half. Bar that, good support.

• Options
    Just got back. It wasn't the greatest game, and it definitely wasn't the greatest performance. Little creativity, other than the two goals. Kermy almost scored goal of the season with the bicycle kick, but bwp was there to follow up.

Green was probably our most attacking threat, but we didn't really get him involved too much. Hollands was solid, and Hughes very committed. Jackson and Wiggins didn't have the same freedom as we did against carlisle, but these were different conditions.

It we can play as averagely as we did tonight, and win, then i'm very pleased and positive about the future.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just back from the match, had nightmare journey there missing the first ten min gutted missed bwp goal but glad I went good solid three points on the road, you can't really complain at that. First half we looked great and in complete control at half time I was thinking a nice easy 3 or 4-0 and then the second half started with a bang and had 2 chances in first five min then basically just sat off the ball a little and wycome came into the game and deserved their goal in the end. Felt sorry for Hamer who had played well making two great saves in the build up to the goal. Everytime we did come fwd we just wasted the ball in the final third which was a shame but the game was already over I had no doubt in that, Overall the back four looked solid, hughes solid, hollands good, jacko a little quiet, green good delivery and going fwd but left acres of space behind him, was improving a little as game went on though, Kermit ok (I missed his outrageous attempt in the build up for first). Thought Bradly was MOM by a mile ran their back four ragged chasing down the ball
  • Options

After the traffic going, we went to the club strikes bar for an hour after the match. Good little ground really, esp. compared to some. Good atmosphere from the 1300+.

BWP/Kermit movement v good. They targetted our full backs and got some joy. Green trying a little too hard.

• Options
    Powell is proving he can handle it ... 

We are starting to look proper quality this season... and as the confidence grows I am hoping we can improve even further ... Missed the last couple of games (listening ) due to moving house, but having looked at the vids we seem to be really getting into gear... home crowd seems to be creeping up as well... would love to break 17k soon... 

Just got to keep our feet on the ground and keep moving steadily forward... 
  • Options

Back home by 11.45 , now chilling with a cuppa before bed.

Thought we dominated the first half but let Wycombe into the game in the 2nd. Seemed to be slow closing them down and their confidence grew.

Bradders definitely my MOM with Hughsie taking the wooden spoon....worked hard but too many high balls forward which went nowhere. Hope Stephens is back for Hartlepool.Oh and Yann worked his socks off again.

Well pleased to hear the other results going our way on the whole.

Great to see lots of familiar faces tonight and to see SCP "kissing" the badge when he came over to clap us after the final whistle. Charlton through & through.

Onwards & upwards !!!!!

• Options
    Scunthorpe missed two pens tonight when drawing with Huddersfield - Unbelievable as Chris Kamara would say!
  • Options
    Good result, bit of a nightmare getting into the car park before the match, started on the m25 and continued all the was to the ground - sounds like got off lightly with getting out of the car park after 15 minutes though!  Good turn out, shame the wycombe fans didn't add to the atmosphere other than the 3 minutes after they scored.  BWP took goals well, second looked very good from where i was sat.  Hamer made two good saves before their goal.  Didn't look great in the second half, but we ground out the result which is the important thing.  Brilliant results from the rest of the clubs around us, 3 points clear at the top and 10 points clear of 7th place - can't complain
  • Options
    edited October 2011

not a great gtame or performance.  closer to Tranmere than Carlisle but we took two of the few chances we created.

had plenty of dead balls which we didn't expolit but we won against a hard working in your face Wycombe side.

Was good to hear the other results, just shows how hard this league is and why we need to get out of it.

BWP got the goals but Morrison was massive at the back

• Options

Just got back.........off to bed in a mo so this will have to be brief.

Great start to the game and 1-0 in next to no time - the 2nd was pure quality.

Echo a few posts already on here re Hughes - looked pony in the 2nd half & just hope Powell noticed it too & plays Stephens on Saturday.

Back four imense tonight. -  very solid and headed/booted every thing clear.

Midfield industrious (apart from Hughes 2nd half)

front 2 worked hard all game.

Might just have a peek at the Owls fan forum before bed..............are they still feeling that smug !!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Just got back.......after missing the M25 turn off and ended up in central London.........what a plonker I am!!

Great win..  not really bothered that much at any time that we wouldn't win. Silly to have given away a pretty soft goal to give us all the usual somewhat hairy last half hour or so.

Night night.

• Options
    Tranmere up to 6th. A point against them isn't looking too bad right now
  • Options
    Best thing is it's showing we have bounce-back-ability, when Hudds lose their first match in 40 or whatever they may find it tough to do well after that.

Tranmere looking very good, cheeky play off contenders.
    Sheff Weds and Utd look on and off, glad they both drew against eachother too.

Quality win, huge faith in powelly!!
  • Options
    defence were superb, Hughes was pretty dreadful just kicked it anywhere. BWP is a different class and Kermits overhead kick wow
  • Options
    Sorry to talk about a wycombe player, but he is one of our ex's, how did Basey do tonight?
  • Options
    drunk but happppy
  • Options
    Sorry to talk about a wycombe player, but he is one of our ex's, how did Basey do tonight?
    drunk but happppy
    good job we let him go then ;-)
  • Options
    Maybe Hughes faded in the 2nd half because he hasn't played much and he's just had two games in quick succession.

Great result and let's hope we can keep BWP fit.
  • Options
    It was a scrappy game that we never really controlled. It was definitely a case of job well done. No one hid and everyone put in a shift. Morrison was my stand out player, he really stood strong at the back once again and really impressed me. The full backs didn't have quite the same influence on the game as they have in recent weeks but I think that was the nature of the game.

Hamer's first goal from open play conceded in ages that hasn't been a massive deflection, and they needed 3 attempts at it.

All in all another 3 points towards the most important thing...

ONE AIM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surprised at some of the comments as I thought first half was as good as we have played this season. You wont see two better goals in one game than that. Kermogants display in the first half particularly was awesome, not just his flick ons but some sublime passing and movement. Second half wasnt as good but we would never keep up the pace of before but never thought we wouldnt win.

Whoever said it didnt rain during the game couldnt have been there.

• Options
    Controlled the first half but took our foot off the pedal in the second. Three points well deserved.
  • Options
    Went to the game with Gumbo last night when we finally decided to go at 6.00pm last night, made it to Wycombe but missed the first 25 minutes and our first goal. Lost my Zippo lighter when we scored our second goal. Impressive away support for a midweek numbers wise must be the white horse effect. We looked in control at half time, defenders hardly missed a header all night, yes Wycombe did try to get at us second half but again don't think we had any real scares at 2-1. Another three points on a night when most of the others faltered.  
  • Options
    1,172 addicks there
  • Options

Got back at quarter to 2 last night but was worth it. Played same nice football in pacthes and did enough, although made it harder than it needed to be.

Good support apart from the Lisbie song.

• Options
    Just checked my prediction - it was spot on (including predicting that BWP would get 2). Anyone want the lottery numbers?!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nightmare 3 hour journey going after boarding the the Rambler coach from Hastings at Bexleyheath. Had to spend 30 mins in the Clackett lane services so the coach driver could have a rest / change over, hence just got inside the ground before the goal went in which eased the pain! Thought we were much the better side first half and Bradders took both goals superbly especially the second under pressure from an inch perfect through ball from Hollands and the first after Kermit had hit the post with an acrobatic overhead kick. Wycombe came out fired up second half and fair play to them gave it go and eventually scored. Hamer had the usual jittery flap at a corner but overall did ok. Hughes was the weakest link and didn't seem to want to put his foot on the ball treating it like a red hot potato however he never hid and it was his left footed ball over the top which put in Wiggins to cross for the first goal. The centre backs defended manlfully as did the full backs and Wiggins had another fine game. Hollands was the leading light in midfield and put a full shift in. Green and Jacko also worked hard. Up front Kermit was always available for the out ball and BWP was at his clinical best in front of goal. Shame we didn't sing Valley Floyd Road as we were about to cross the finishing line, but perhaps we did and I was whistling too loud to hear it, the 4 minutes injury time seemed like 10!
  • Options
    What was this kevin lisbie song?
  • Options
    It is a racist song about fruit nuts and living in a tree that sadly quite a few people find funny. If people want to discuss it, start another thread as I don't want the post match views thread to be sidelined by it. Any further posts on this thread will be deleted.
  • Options

A good away day and in the end a good journey home as I managed to get on the 10.12 off High Wycombe Station which meant I got home before midnight.

I'd only been to Adams Park once before as a neutral about eighteen years ago and remember that the ground is not good for access or a speedy exit because of the one road in and out  , that said I like everything else about Wycombe and wish them well apart from when we play them again at the Valley.

I felt we did well in the first half and deserved the two goal lead. I was disappointed we conceeded but especially in the context of the other results going our way last night this was a massive three points and hopefully will start to give us some daylight at the top.