Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe 1 - 2 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    We looked in control first half.  Getting the first goal is always important but in this division even more so.  Stops other teams shutting up shop.

Thought we played well without being brilliant and they had few opportunities.   Two well taken goals from what I could see from behind our goal at the other end.

2nd half they stepped it up and got in our faces and got a deserved goal although like others I didn't feel they would score again and that we were more likely.  Certainly not a backs to the wall performance.

Nice ground, friendly fans in the club house, good away end, rubbish exiting from car park but who cares when you've won.

Another 3 points won when others have lost or drawn elsewhere.
  • Options
    Regained my love of away travel yesterday and will see the the Stevenage stuff as a one off.  It does however suggest that we're all happy and well behaved......as long as we're winning and that there are no dodgy linesmen.   Good ole Andy D'Urso had a decent game for a change.   Hasn't he been around for a long time!
  • Options
    Went to the game with Gumbo last night when we finally decided to go at 6.00pm last night, made it to Wycombe but missed the first 25 minutes and our first goal. Lost my Zippo lighter when we scored our second goal. Impressive away support for a midweek numbers wise must be the white horse effect. We looked in control at half time, defenders hardly missed a header all night, yes Wycombe did try to get at us second half but again don't think we had any real scares at 2-1. Another three points on a night when most of the others faltered.  
    Why did you have your lighter out in a no-smoking ground??
    Very naughty.
  • Options
    ONE AIM COYR
  • Options
    Powell is proving he can handle it ... 

We are starting to look proper quality this season... and as the confidence grows I am hoping we can improve even further ... Missed the last couple of games (listening ) due to moving house, but having looked at the vids we seem to be really getting into gear... home crowd seems to be creeping up as well... would love to break 17k soon... 

Just got to keep our feet on the ground and keep moving steadily forward... 
    Just got to keep our feet on the ground and keep moving steadily forward... 

Ministry of Silly Walks?
  • Options
    Can I just add that I love headphones Norm!
  • Options
    Can I just add that I love headphones Norm!

an away fixture is not complete unless you've seen him !
  • Options
    Phew! A good win, 1st half coasting 2-0 , always had that nagging doubt Wycombe would come back into it, as has happened at a few other games.

Thought the lads did well to hold on , a gritty performance, onwards and upwards.
  • Options

Good day out - way too much beer. £20 BWP 1st Goal gettin.

The team got the job done effectively although a goal at the away end would have made the night.

Priceless the young Charlton fan who shouted "dont cheat on me i'll be back with more cash" to the stripper has he dashed out of the white horse for a cashpoint.

• Options
    Worth adding that stewards at Wycombe were friendly and helpful last night & even allowed fans to congregate outside for a smoke at Half time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011

We never really controlled the game but we took our chances well. Could have done without the Kevin Lisbie song though. The support was outstanding apart from that

What was the lisbie song ?

Just seen the answer further down thread sorry 

• Options
    I'll definitely add that the friendly demeanor of all the Wycombe staff was a refreshing change, they were a credit to their club.

Earphones Norm has added stats to his usual score updates too, an absolute treat!
  • Options
    gotta say this ONE AIM post is a bit w**k
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Controlled the 1st half. Coped well in the 2nd. Another deserved win from a team that is destined to finish top 2 if it continues in the same vein.
  • Options

Charlton worked very hard in the first-half against a Wycombe side who appeared clueless,just as well BWP scored the second goal just before half time,before Wycombe manager had a chance to tell them how to play football against awell run Charlton team.Outstanding player for me tonight was Wiggins looked in full control of everything that came his way,Secondhalf Wycombe started to play football but it was only in time added on i started to worry.Overall good 3 points won and with other games going Charltons way could be priceless at the end of the season.Full marks to all the STAFF AT WYCOMBE in The Social Club and inside the ground,thanks for allowing us out for a smoke at halftime.Went with six friends living in faraway places as Newbury,StAlbans,Falmouth and Arnhem good day had by all.

• Options

Great to see all the positive comments on WWFC. I enjoyed the night, the social club, the 3 points - traffic/parking a bloody nightmare though. Missed bwp 1st.

Will be one of the few positives we will miss about L1.

• Options
    I was sitting in front of Norman last night with Large and my young son..............so those of you around Norman were also in the presence of the infamous Golfie !!!!!!
  • Options
    right....that norman what a legend
  • Options

Redarmyse7 and myself were sitting next to you Golfie.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    poor golfie
  • Options
    NSS can only dream of being lucky enough to sit next to us!
  • Options
    I can assure you that once you have sat next to me you will never want to again.
  • Options
    Suppose it's part of being a vegetarian Steve.
  • Options
    1,172 addicks there

Not possible. If that end took 2,000 then there is no chance there were 828 empty seats.

Tax dodge.
  • Options
    maybe that end doesn't take 2000
  • Options
    Away fans are mostly located at one end of the ground in the Dreams Stand, where just over 2,000 supporters can be accommodated.
  • Options

Worth adding that stewards at Wycombe were friendly and helpful last night & even allowed fans to congregate outside for a smoke at Half time

. Stewards were very good and smiled..............take not StevenagesStewards

• Options
    maybe that end doesn't take 2000

Perhaps it does
  • Options
    edited November 2011

from the wednesday fan who keeps the track of official away followings

"we sold out Wycombe on Saturday so they've sent us more, in the main stand"

Praps it doesn't

Thank goodness for official away attendances , there hasn't been a game where our numbers haven't been exaggerated !